Anything goes 1

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Boy it's sure quiet around here right now. I bet everyone's deeply engrossed in the double Terra Nova season ender.

I am. I bet you really want to know what is happening... :P

SciphonicStranger

S

Stonelesscutter

This girl reminds me of somebody. See if you can guess who.

S

Stonelesscutter

Friendly reminder to everyone. Today is the first SG-1 rewatch. If you'd like to participate, be there in time. The rewatch is scheduled to start at 13:30 New York time or 1:30pm for those that can't read a 24h clock. :) The thread can be found here...

SG1-001&002 - Children of the Gods

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"Friendly" reminder? "Friendly"??? Are you feeling alright today? Should we call the paramedics to your windmill?

S

Stonelesscutter

"Friendly" reminder? "Friendly"??? Are you feeling alright today? Should we call the paramedics to your windmill?

Well I could have told you that you had better @#$%#$ make sure that your sorry $#% is present at the #$@#%& rewatch in time to participate or I'd @#$$%@ %$#@%&#@ your #@$%^@ $#%%. But that would have seemed less friendly somehow.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
be there on time? why? people can join in in the middle if they so wish..

G

Graybrew1

It is generally more enjoyable to most if they start at beginning.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
be there on time? why? people can join in in the middle if they so wish..

Not anymore. We hired this guy to watch the door:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffAl6oCtJNc

S

Stonelesscutter

So I heard on the news today, there's been some sort of breakthrough in solar panel technology. The new panels are able to absorb much more light. Current solar panels have an efficiency of about 15% whereas the new ones should get somewhere around 70% efficiency. Unfortunately it will still be quite some time before they are ready for commercial production.

S

Stonelesscutter

Ultra-efficient LED puts out more power than is pumped in

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-03/09/230-percent-efficient-leds

MIT physicists have managed to build a light-emitting diode that has an electrical efficiency of more than 100 percent. You may ask, "Wouldn't that mean it breaks the first law of thermodynamics?" The answer, happily, is no.

The LED produces 69 picowatts of light using 30 picowatts of power, giving it an efficiency of 230 percent. That means it operates above "unity efficiency" -- putting it into a category normally occupied by perpetual motion machines.

SciphonicStranger

Some family members are trying to drag me out to see Bernie. Has anyone seen it yet? On one hand it got a decent review but on the other hand Jack Black is in it.

Just wondering if I need to come up with some excuse... :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Some family members are trying to drag me out to see Bernie. Has anyone seen it yet? On one hand it got a decent review but on the other hand Jack Black is in it.

Just wondering if I need to come up with some excuse... :P

Go for the excuse. All Jack Black movies are exactly the same except with different words, backdrop and clothing.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Go for the excuse. All Jack Black movies are exactly the same except with different words, backdrop and clothing.

Agreed! What bugs me about this movie is that they're trying to sell Jack Black as some authentic thespian who actually plays a role as opposed to simply being Jack Black A-hole extraordinaire. :icon_rolleyes:

G

Graybrew1

That is just typical, they get bad press and now instead of fixing the problem, they just want it to go away.