Anything goes 1

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You can only ask for trinkets, not awards. I don't know what you have to do to get the Dubloon, orthe red gem.

G

Graybrew1

Yes, I think I really just asked what you have to do to get one actually, and never did find out what.

Tropicana

Council Member
You promised me diamonds and sports cars and full-length minks (even though fur is murder) -- Are you telling me I got my hopes up for nothing??? :icon_e_sad:
Sadly so, my lil' Pikachu.

US$1 million isn't much to us Brits, for it's only worth around £627,000 <-- mind you, it's still a lot of money, lol.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hey "EvilSpaceAlien"

Hey ESA, did you take your trip to America yet and if so how did you enjoy it? Would love to know how it went and what you thought.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Hey ESA, did you take your trip to America yet and if so how did you enjoy it? Would love to know how it went and what you thought.

No, not yet. But I am going down to Stockholm on tuesday next week to spend the night, and then the plane for the US takes off on early wednesday morning. So I've got some packing to do this weekend.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Travel update: I've now arrived in Anacortes after the 16 hour long trip to Seattle, and staying the night there as well. Going out to dinner soon.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Are you a rabid capitalist yet? :D

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I just got my brand new phone today! :D I ordered it from amazon here in the US 'cause it's much cheaper due to the weak dollar. Back home the phone I bought would probably cost twice what I payed for it here.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just got my brand new phone today! :D I ordered it from amazon here in the US 'cause it's much cheaper due to the weak dollar. Back home the phone I bought would probably cost twice what I payed for it here.

So I was right, you are turning into a rabid capitalist! Before you know it you'll be opening up your own business, exploiting workers and denying them health care benefits -- and all this before you're 20, tsk tsk. :cool:

Thank you for reminding us how weak the American dollar is. It's very saddening. And it looks like it's going to be getting even weaker if you can believe it. You'll have to come back for another visit and buy more stuff as we'll be having a nationwide GOING OUT OF BUSINESS sale later this year. :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
A weak dollar is not always a bad thing Shaved. For years you would never see advertising for US tourism out here because of the disparity between our two currencies, now, there are ads for US holidays popping up all over the place.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
A weak dollar is not always a bad thing Shaved. For years you would never see advertising for US tourism out here because of the disparity between our two currencies, now, there are ads for US holidays popping up all over the place.

Um...no offense but you do realize that you're not the one living under the weak dollar that we speak of, right? It sucks monkey butt. I'm sure there's a rise in tourism to America but that doesn't exactly pay my bills. Sure Disney might need to hire a few more $8 an hour, part time, no benefits employees but it does jack for most other businesses in this country. And yes, a weak dollar should mean we're exporting more manufactured goods from here but our manufacturing base has been dead for a couple decades now. We're not exporting all that much anymore but we sure are importing it. Hell, we even import food from China now. Food. From China!

Bah! If we were all paid in gold doubloons this would all be a moot point -- and we'd all be pirates, but I digress. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sheesh dude, dial it back a notch will ya?I understand it's not all sunshine and roses and stuff.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Um...no offense but you do realize that you're not the one living under the weak dollar that we speak of, right? It sucks monkey butt. I'm sure there's a rise in tourism to America but that doesn't exactly pay my bills. Sure Disney might need to hire a few more $8 an hour, part time, no benefits employees but it does jack for most other businesses in this country. And yes, a weak dollar should mean we're exporting more manufactured goods from here but our manufacturing base has been dead for a couple decades now. We're not exporting all that much anymore but we sure are importing it. Hell, we even import food from China now. Food. From China!

Bah! If we were all paid in gold doubloons this would all be a moot point -- and we'd all be pirates, but I digress. ;)

Who gets to be Jack Sparrow?