Anything goes 1

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
IIRC they have done so 2-3 times on the evening shows and it does show up in the headlines when something new occurs.

Tropicana

Council Member
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Sky News and alike, I found Sky News useful during the 2010 Northumbria Police manhunt and any other breaking news like explosions etc.

However for factual information, I rely on BBC News and Guardian newspaper.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Sky News and alike, I found Sky News useful during the 2010 Northumbria Police manhunt and any other breaking news like explosions etc.

However for factual information, I rely on BBC News and Guardian newspaper.

Makes sense, given I don't really know the news situation across the pond. BBC seems fairly straight up but no idea on the Guardian. Over here I tend to look for multiple news stories on the same event and compare and contrast to try to filter out the biases.

Tropicana

Council Member
Guardian is very liberal but they broke many stories like the Wikileaks, etc.

For British news we really have 3 main parties - BBC, Sky and ITN. BBC and Sky are much better than ITN IMO.

Regarding the Euromillion, 1 UK ticket holder won £161,000,000 :icon_e_surprised: (approx US$256,000,000) - I'm so jealous!!!!!

S

Stonelesscutter

Guardian is very liberal but they broke many stories like the Wikileaks, etc.

For British news we really have 3 main parties - BBC, Sky and ITN. BBC and Sky are much better than ITN IMO.

Regarding the Euromillion, 1 UK ticket holder won £161,000,000 :icon_e_surprised: (approx US$256,000,000) - I'm so jealous!!!!!

I think it's bullshit to have 1 prizewinner of $256,000,000. Why not make 256 people a millionaire instead.

Tropicana

Council Member
I think it's bull$#@! to have 1 prizewinner of $256,000,000. Why not make 256 people a millionaire instead.
It's all relative. It sucks either way.

This Fri, Euromillion goes back down to £13million/€15million, sigh. Still can't believe it, I bought 2 lines and I didn't win. :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's all relative. It sucks either way.

This Fri, Euromillion goes back down to £13million/€15million, sigh. Still can't believe it, I bought 2 lines and I didn't win. :(

You promised me diamonds and sports cars and full-length minks (even though fur is murder) -- Are you telling me I got my hopes up for nothing??? :icon_e_sad:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What are the odds. You must be the unluckiest person in the world. Ah well, you may be lucky in love. ;)

I'm sure that applies to anyone who has fallen under the spell of your sultry, red-eyed gaze. Talk about winning the lottery. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think it's bullshit to have 1 prizewinner of $256,000,000. Why not make 256 people a millionaire instead.

Meh, a million bucks (Euros) just isn't that impressive anymore. Multiply it by 256 and it suddenly becomes noteworthy.

S

Stonelesscutter

Meh, a million bucks (Euros) just isn't that impressive anymore. Multiply it by 256 and it suddenly becomes noteworthy.

I don't think I'd have to work again if I had a million euros. I'd only work for fun. So not much. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't think I'd have to work again if I had a million euros. I'd only work for fun. So not much. :P

Hell, I didn't think you worked now, I mean, you're permanently logged in here and you seem to do nothing but watch movies. Oy, you watched 5 movies in a row yesterday alone and were begging for more. Must be nice to be one of the idle, bourgeoisie rich. Is the caviar in the GateFans lounge to your liking my lord? :P

S

Stonelesscutter

Hell, I didn't think you worked now, I mean, you're permanently logged in here and you seem to do nothing but watch movies. Oy, you watched 5 movies in a row yesterday alone and were begging for more. Must be nice to be one of the idle, bourgeoisie rich. Is the caviar in the GateFans lounge to your liking my lord? :P

Yesterday I watched Pink Panther. What else did I watch?
And indeed I don't work now. I'm on the lookout so to speak.
I don't like caviar, better fetch me some M&M's instead cabinboy. :P

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Yesterday I watched Pink Panther. What else did I watch?
And indeed I don't work now. I'm on the lookout so to speak.
I don't like caviar, better fetch me some M&M's instead cabinboy. :P

There are M&Ms here? Who's been holding out? :P

S

Stonelesscutter

So I've noticed my awards section looks rather empty compared to a lot of others here. :(
What do I have to do to get my one of those fancy Golden Doubloons?
I can't keep my eye off it, being the pirate that I am.
Harhaaarrrr!!

G

Graybrew1

So I've noticed my awards section looks rather empty compared to a lot of others here. :(
What do I have to do to get my one of those fancy Golden Doubloons?
I can't keep my eye off it, being the pirate that I am.
Harhaaarrrr!!
Ask for it? ;)