Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Jesus this person has sunk to such low. Apparently Netflix greenlit this bullshit.Is this what we have come to? WTF? Seriously... NSFW warning btw. Lot of vulgar and disgusting language in this.

I can't accept that Nye is on board with this. Seems maybe some arm twisting was applied? and maybe Nye's show needs something to draw in more viewers?

-------------------------------------------
she sounds like she may be a part of the neo women's rights movement. well addressed in this docu:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3686998/

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Has anyone seen The Greatest Showman? I know it's a musical but people seem to think it's fantastic.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's pretty good. Hugh Jackman is good doing song and dance and the plot (the early years of PT Barnum) is engaging.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Has anyone seen The Greatest Showman? I know it's a musical but people seem to think it's fantastic.

Its not all that (to me). Hugh Jackman was great in it, and it was cool to see him dance and sing and perform. But the music and the "flavor" of the movie smacks of MTV long-form music videos, and the musical numbers/choreography is packaged and by committee...in my opinion. The whole movie to me felt like a play. I would still say to see it. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ever can't get to sleep, or stay asleep, because while laying on your side, you can hear your heartbeat/pulse in your ear?

yeah, been awake since 3:30 am....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ever can't get to sleep, or stay asleep, because while laying on your side, you can hear your heartbeat/pulse in your ear?

yeah, been awake since 3:30 am....

That indicates high blood pressure, and yes I have experienced it. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That indicates high blood pressure, and yes I have experienced it. :)

yes, but mine is 122/86 i checked today

dr told me it is because my sinus' are chronically jacked from the 'funk' i got in them from saudi

the va pays me disability for that among other things

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yes, but mine is 122/86 i checked today

dr told me it is because my sinus' are chronically jacked from the 'funk' i got in them from saudi

the va pays me disability for that among other things

its something in this paper, or a combo of them or something they just haven't figured out yet

i never smoked nor did i have any respiratory issues before hand

since then i have had countless sinus and ear infections and 3 cases of pneumonia where i was hospitalized once.

got through anti bios for about 3 months to beat back infections

but at least they didn't hold out on us like they did with agent orange guys

https://www.nap.edu/read/11765/chapter/8#184

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh wow. I live in Long Beach, less than 2 miles away from where this picture was taken:

FunnelCloud.PNG

People who saw it say that it persisted for an hour or more. Others were seen further up the coast. If this weren't southern California, it wouldn't seem THAT strange, but this is bizarre. I can't remember the last time a tornado happened in CA. IIRC, there was a small one south L.A. in 2014 that tore off some roofs. This is more evidence of climate change, but I still hold that I do not believe Man is the cause of it at all. It rained last night pretty hard too.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Wasn't one of those disaster movies about tornadoes in LA?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh wow. I live in Long Beach, less than 2 miles away from where this picture was taken:

View attachment 35058

People who saw it say that it persisted for an hour or more. Others were seen further up the coast. If this weren't southern California, it wouldn't seem THAT strange, but this is bizarre. I can't remember the last time a tornado happened in CA. IIRC, there was a small one south L.A. in 2014 that tore off some roofs. This is more evidence of climate change, but I still hold that I do not believe Man is the cause of it at all. It rained last night pretty hard too.

PROOF
OF THE END TIMES A'COMING!!!!

REPENT BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!

:)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The super blood moon signifies it!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The super blood moon signifies it!

I now officially live like a vampire. :) I start work at 9:00pm, and end my shift at 6:00am, then sleep most of the day. That is why I missed seeing that funnel cloud. California only has earthquake and tsunami early warning systems in place. Not for tornadoes! But, I suppose the regular alert system is good for that.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
well this is cool
Dean- "the welsh warrior" Williams

this guy is on 'team drago' in the new Rocky movie

While I was NOT his main recruiter, I helped his recruiter do all his waivers (foreign military service and a hearing waiver)
so he could enlist as an MP in the active duty army

he lived in the Poconos at the time

he also had issues with the asvab, he could do math and read english, but he had a context issue as he was welsh and though he learned english in school, the place he grew up used welsh as their main language for everything else. issues were with word usage/multiple meanings vs the main american used ones and comprehension in the math word problems

bu he did it

a friend from recruiting sent me this from his facebook page:

Biography
Dean Williams a Welsh Champion, American Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight Champion, was born on the rough and tumble streets of Merthyr Tydfil Wales on 2/20/1972. Merthyr is particularly known for its boxers, both amateur and professional. Some of the most famous professional pugilists from the town include: Johnny Owen, Howard Winstone, and Eddie Thomas. For Dean a boxing ring became his home, at just eight years old. He would later become a two time national amateur champion in Wales, leaving his mostly undefeated opponents, bloody and defeated. Cut from the same cloth as the great Johnny Owen, Williams soon made quite a reputation in the South Wales Valleys. The undisciplined street fighter would soon mature into solid prospect training with Gareth Donavan and learning from Championship fighters and local legends Howard Winstone & Eddie Thomas, but the small borough of Merthyr was becoming too small for the heart Williams had beating inside him. An amateur from age eight to sixteen, he had done and seen more in the ring than full grown men twice his age. At just sixteen years old he joined the British Navy and traveled around the world, even serving 17 months on the great ship the QE2. still jumping in the ring whenever he had chance. After the Navy, he would return home, only to find the drab neighborhood he grew up in; confining and he yearned to have a better life than those he grew up with. On the Road again, he decided to make Australia it his home 1992. It had been one of the many places he would visit in the Navy. booking a one way ticket to Perth Western Australia, He settled there knowing not a soul, just looking to start his life and live a quiet existence, but soon found himself being drawn to the only real home he ever knew, the ring. In Fremantle Western Australia, inside the Bulldogs Boxing Club, he began to train with Championship caliber fighters Tony Jones, Troy Waters & he started working with world class trainer Laurie Flanders, And fought amateur fights in Australia, While at night working full time as a Bouncer in Fremantle, It wasn’t long before he caught the eye of American boxing people, and again he would travel half way around the world to Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn New York 1994, and Shulers Gym in Philadelphia PA. to fuel the pugilistic fire burning deep within him. He was in the belly of the beast. He would work with some of the best trainers in the world, Diego Rosario and Hector Roca, Emmanuel Stewart and Kevin Rooney. He sparred daily with Ernest Mateen, Kurtis Summit, Joe Gatti, Mark Holmes, Art Bayless also spared legends and world champions Tommy Hearns, Larry Holmes, Tim Witherspoon, Aaron Davis and many more. He learned about the professional game from the best in the business, He was a bouncer at night, worked in Brooklyn and Manhattan NY in the west village, Dean turned professional in 1998 against very tough Philadelphia fighter Anthony "The Hit man" Rosser, getting the win it was a good experience that made him a better fighter, then every fighters dream happened, He got the call with only a two week notice, to fight for the World Boxing Federation Cruiserweight title, Dean made the most out of every opportunity that came his way, And became WBF Cruiserweight Champion on 9/22/2001 with a 2nd rd KO win... Dean is the only fighter in the world to live and compete in boxing in 3 countries on 3 different continents, Wales, Australia and America before turning pro in 1998, Twenty professional fights knocking out more than half of his opponents before he retired in 2004.. Dean then went on to serve in United States Army and earn his US citizenship. He has since been training boxing and mma prospects at WelshRoadWarrior's boxing team, He has trained and worked with some of the best fighters in the world today, With his world experience in Boxing and life, And fueled by is passion and love for the sport, He is an expert it Mittology and is quickly becoming one of the best trainers in the game today...He also is in the new upcoming boxing movie Creed 2 as "Team Drago" which releases in November 2018.
His Philosophy is simple… “One must conquer his uncontrolled ineffective aggression and channel it into intelligent effective aggression TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL WARRIOR IN BOXING. He must be willing to learn every day. Communication and mental strength are first and foremost. Quitting is never an option. Never….. " Trainer Dean Williams

https://www.facebook.com/Welshroadwarrior/

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Den of Geek reports about new Star Trek series with Michelle Yeoh but the link turned out to be useless.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well this is cool
Dean- "the welsh warrior" Williams

this guy is on 'team drago' in the new Rocky movie

While I was NOT his main recruiter, I helped his recruiter do all his waivers (foreign military service and a hearing waiver)
so he could enlist as an MP in the active duty army

he lived in the Poconos at the time

he also had issues with the asvab, he could do math and read english, but he had a context issue as he was welsh and though he learned english in school, the place he grew up used welsh as their main language for everything else. issues were with word usage/multiple meanings vs the main american used ones and comprehension in the math word problems

bu he did it

a friend from recruiting sent me this from his facebook page:

Biography
Dean Williams a Welsh Champion, American Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight Champion, was born on the rough and tumble streets of Merthyr Tydfil Wales on 2/20/1972. Merthyr is particularly known for its boxers, both amateur and professional. Some of the most famous professional pugilists from the town include: Johnny Owen, Howard Winstone, and Eddie Thomas. For Dean a boxing ring became his home, at just eight years old. He would later become a two time national amateur champion in Wales, leaving his mostly undefeated opponents, bloody and defeated. Cut from the same cloth as the great Johnny Owen, Williams soon made quite a reputation in the South Wales Valleys. The undisciplined street fighter would soon mature into solid prospect training with Gareth Donavan and learning from Championship fighters and local legends Howard Winstone & Eddie Thomas, but the small borough of Merthyr was becoming too small for the heart Williams had beating inside him. An amateur from age eight to sixteen, he had done and seen more in the ring than full grown men twice his age. At just sixteen years old he joined the British Navy and traveled around the world, even serving 17 months on the great ship the QE2. still jumping in the ring whenever he had chance. After the Navy, he would return home, only to find the drab neighborhood he grew up in; confining and he yearned to have a better life than those he grew up with. On the Road again, he decided to make Australia it his home 1992. It had been one of the many places he would visit in the Navy. booking a one way ticket to Perth Western Australia, He settled there knowing not a soul, just looking to start his life and live a quiet existence, but soon found himself being drawn to the only real home he ever knew, the ring. In Fremantle Western Australia, inside the Bulldogs Boxing Club, he began to train with Championship caliber fighters Tony Jones, Troy Waters & he started working with world class trainer Laurie Flanders, And fought amateur fights in Australia, While at night working full time as a Bouncer in Fremantle, It wasn’t long before he caught the eye of American boxing people, and again he would travel half way around the world to Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn New York 1994, and Shulers Gym in Philadelphia PA. to fuel the pugilistic fire burning deep within him. He was in the belly of the beast. He would work with some of the best trainers in the world, Diego Rosario and Hector Roca, Emmanuel Stewart and Kevin Rooney. He sparred daily with Ernest Mateen, Kurtis Summit, Joe Gatti, Mark Holmes, Art Bayless also spared legends and world champions Tommy Hearns, Larry Holmes, Tim Witherspoon, Aaron Davis and many more. He learned about the professional game from the best in the business, He was a bouncer at night, worked in Brooklyn and Manhattan NY in the west village, Dean turned professional in 1998 against very tough Philadelphia fighter Anthony "The Hit man" Rosser, getting the win it was a good experience that made him a better fighter, then every fighters dream happened, He got the call with only a two week notice, to fight for the World Boxing Federation Cruiserweight title, Dean made the most out of every opportunity that came his way, And became WBF Cruiserweight Champion on 9/22/2001 with a 2nd rd KO win... Dean is the only fighter in the world to live and compete in boxing in 3 countries on 3 different continents, Wales, Australia and America before turning pro in 1998, Twenty professional fights knocking out more than half of his opponents before he retired in 2004.. Dean then went on to serve in United States Army and earn his US citizenship. He has since been training boxing and mma prospects at WelshRoadWarrior's boxing team, He has trained and worked with some of the best fighters in the world today, With his world experience in Boxing and life, And fueled by is passion and love for the sport, He is an expert it Mittology and is quickly becoming one of the best trainers in the game today...He also is in the new upcoming boxing movie Creed 2 as "Team Drago" which releases in November 2018.
His Philosophy is simple… “One must conquer his uncontrolled ineffective aggression and channel it into intelligent effective aggression TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL WARRIOR IN BOXING. He must be willing to learn every day. Communication and mental strength are first and foremost. Quitting is never an option. Never….. " Trainer Dean Williams

https://www.facebook.com/Welshroadwarrior/

Wait....a new Rocky movie? :facepalm: