Random Banter

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
When I wanted to read some Gateworld article on my phone a message came up about cookies. I investigated the settings in order to reject but found there was no option to reject all. The list of third parties who would gain storage access on my phone was staggering. Must have been more than a hundred. Absolutely ridiculous.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

ok, i freely admit I am far from knowledgeable on physics and the science of motion to energy

but don't the extremely large and obnoxious windmills border on violating the whole entropy thing (maybe not right word, entropy?)?

that is, these smaller mills should use far less wind power to turn on a smaller axis and generate the same level or higher amount of electric then the large ones?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

additionally, the use of the traditional large mills sees to also lend to the notion of corporations maxing profit on selling and installing the behemoths when these verticals seem to most likely cost less (material, site prep (over here, the mills on the top of the laurel mtns and over in the poconos required a massive amount of trees to be cut and access roads to built up to the top of the hills.), maintenance) to build and maintain

it is part of the whole monetization of green energy thing in effect with the large mills..more spent, more to operate and maintain = less power produced = rip off

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think you're probably right. But apparently these vertical axis mills are far more efficient than horizontal axis ones.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i wonder if anyone is in charge of the 'optics' of how amazon prime's x-ray presents info? check out last name on list

<<yes a small part of the high schooler in me is still active :) >>>

upload_2019-2-21_1-0-17.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i wonder if anyone is in charge of the 'optics' of how amazon prime's x-ray presents info? check out last name on list

<<yes a small part of the high schooler in me is still active :) >>>

View attachment 35101

Not seeing what you want me to see. :). I you mean the pun on her name, I am sure she gets it a lot! But the surname Fuchs is fairly common here in California. It is pronounced Fyooks

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not seeing what you want me to see. :). I you mean the pun on her name, I am sure she gets it a lot! But the surname Fuchs is fairly common here in California. It is pronounced Fyooks

yeah i know the pronunciation--this is PA filled with germans

the way it is laid out with the name and what would otherwise-in xray, be the character

it reads 'Jackie Fuchs herself'

it is definitely a visual disaster

Last edited by a moderator: