OMNI's Art Thread

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Are you creating those versions from your mind or are you watching footage from the movie to base your model on?

im using concept images, screencaps and toys as refference, and they are of the movie armors.
im having issues on what to go with tho ive been trying to make the mark6 but i cant find good enough refs for it to make it good so ive been fiddling with the mark3 instead as there are orthographic concet drawings of that one and they are alittle easier to follow.
i dont know which one ill go with yet.

S

Stonelesscutter

im using concept images, screencaps and toys as refference, and they are of the movie armors.
im having issues on what to go with tho ive been trying to make the mark6 but i cant find good enough refs for it to make it good so ive been fiddling with the mark3 instead as there are orthographic concet drawings of that one and they are alittle easier to follow.
i dont know which one ill go with yet.

Why are there mark6 and 3's?
In the movie there's only 1 version isn't there?
I'd think there would be plenty of material to work from in the movie.

OMNI

Why are there mark6 and 3's?
In the movie there's only 1 version isn't there?
I'd think there would be plenty of material to work from in the movie.
the first suit stark builds in captivity is the mark 1 the mark 2 is the silver one he builds for primary flight tests when he gets home, the mark 3 is the first red and gold one seen in the 1st film, the mark 4 is the updated mark 3 armor stark wears in the begining of the 2nd film the mark5 is the suitcase "football" armor he fights whiplash with in monaco. the mark 6 is the last suit in the second movie the one with the triangular arc reactor.

see i know my trivia :D

and no there isnt enogh to go from in the movies alone, concept drawings and other renders are preffered especially orthographic shots from the front side and back as this makes it easier to make an accurate 3d mesh.
if you had more experience with 3d and using refference for builds youd know this ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

the first suit stark builds in captivity is the mark 1 the mark 2 is the silver one he builds for primary flight tests when he gets home, the mark 3 is the first red and gold one seen in the 1st film, the mark 4 is the updated mark 3 armor stark wears in the begining of the 2nd film the mark5 is the suitcase "football" armor he fights whiplash with in monaco. the mark 6 is the last suit in the second movie the one with the triangular arc reactor.

see i know my trivia :D

and no there isnt enogh to go from in the movies alone, concept drawings and other renders are preffered especially orthographic shots from the front side and back as this makes it easier to make an accurate 3d mesh.
if you had more experience with 3d and using refference for builds youd know this ;)

Now you mention it I remember the different suits from the movies. Well, some of them at least.
Obviously I don't have experience with 3d, so I don't feel bad about not knowing it. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

It looks much nicer now.
I mean actually it looks much meaner.
Especially the eyes and the mouth make quite a difference.

Say, you ever did any work on transformers?

OMNI

It looks much nicer now.
I mean actually it looks much meaner.
Especially the eyes and the mouth make quite a difference.

Say, you ever did any work on transformers?

well i did make this one a few weeks ago.. http://www.gatefans.net/forums/showthread.php/1673-OMNI-s-Art-Thread?p=41879#post41879

Current suit progress..

ironman_wip5_by_alxshipyards-d3ebf3j.jpg

OMNI

These, and the suit, are amazing... is this artwork or are you actually building it?

It looks real, seriously. Very impressive!

thanks man!
its artwork yes but im building it in 3D, you see im a 3D/CG/FX artist ;)
im glad you are enjoying em ;)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
thanks man!
its artwork yes but im building it in 3D, you see im a 3D/CG/FX artist ;)
im glad you are enjoying em ;)
That is totally amazing. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell them from props made of metal. Awesome work! :)

OMNI

That is totally amazing. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell them from props made of metal. Awesome work! :)

thanks! it was once amazing to me aswell still is to a point but it takes quite the feat to impress me nowdays :)
and thats the point ie to chase the ever elusive photo realism ;)

if you want to see more of my artwork most of which isnt featured here click my sig and browse around my gallery ;)