OMNI's Art Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

(Click for fullview)​

MESMERIZING!

I imagine myself walking around those buildings, having a cool pad in the little suburb city module at the left of the central core city in your picture. Ocean facing, of course. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Step towards virtual actors. Very cool!

What is the most interesting thing is that the IMPERFECTIONS purposefully put on the skin and to edges make it look way WAY more realistic than the completely perfect look of CGI models. I remember a similar course of development when music went digital. I am a pianist, and I did not like the new digital pianos when they came out because they were TOO perfect sounding. When you used a sequencer, it was TOO regular, TOO perfect. So, they came out with a "humanizer" algorithm which does to the sound what OMNI is doing with his characters. It added variations in volume, pitch, timing, etc. Later, overtomes like you would get from an actual vibrating piano string were added. We arent SUPPPOSED to be able to detect it, but musicians can.

That character of his approaches a photo of an actual person!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Step towards virtual actors. Very cool!
i guess so.

What is the most interesting thing is that the IMPERFECTIONS purposefully put on the skin and to edges make it look way WAY more realistic than the completely perfect look of CGI models. I remember a similar course of development when music went digital. I am a pianist, and I did not like the new digital pianos when they came out because they were TOO perfect sounding. When you used a sequencer, it was TOO regular, TOO perfect. So, they came out with a "humanizer" algorithm which does to the sound what OMNI is doing with his characters. It added variations in volume, pitch, timing, etc. Later, overtomes like you would get from an actual vibrating piano string were added. We arent SUPPPOSED to be able to detect it, but musicians can.

That character of his approaches a photo of an actual person!
glad you like it.

Dude you are a truly talented person.
and dont you forget it ;)

G

Graybrew1

Never Bud, you have mad skillz.
Don't forget us little people some day.