OMNI's Art Thread

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Dude, you're like 4 hairs away from making a full blown animated episode. Would you consider getting involved in the next open source movie project by the Iron Sky / Star Wreck team?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Dude, you're like 4 hairs away from making a full blown animated episode. Would you consider getting involved in the next open source movie project by the Iron Sky / Star Wreck team?
hmm maybe but i think im FAR off from making a series as i dont have a computer able to render something like that in good time.. 10 minutes would probably take 6 months to render along with setup time for me all alone.

and HELL yes if i were given an oportunity to work with energia i would def take it. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
hmm maybe but i think im FAR off from making a series as i dont have a computer able to render something like that in good time.. 10 minutes would probably take 6 months to render along with setup time for me all alone.

Maybe we should throw together an OMNI fund to get you a box capable of doing some fast rendering. In return, you can grace us with some animated OMNI magic. :D

and HELL yes if i were given an oportunity to work with energia i would def take it. ;)

Weren't they soliciting outside talent when they first started Iron Sky? If I'm not mistaken, then their next project would also be open. You should keep an eye out and throw your name & portfolio in there if/when the chance comes up.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Make it part of the conditions OMNI, you want my work, supply the material to do it.

OMNI

Maybe we should throw together an OMNI fund to get you a box capable of doing some fast rendering. In return, you can grace us with some animated OMNI magic. :D

Weren't they soliciting outside talent when they first started Iron Sky? If I'm not mistaken, then their next project would also be open. You should keep an eye out and throw your name & portfolio in there if/when the chance comes up.
an omni fund eh? well im not so stupid that i would refuse such a thing ;) and it sound like a good deal ;)

and yes yes they were however at the time i wasnt anywhere near good enough and i also hadnt seen that they were looking for people.

funfact tho the Supervisor on Iron sky kelly (kat) Myers is involved with the project im still attached too and an aqaintance of mine ;)

Make it part of the conditions OMNI, you want my work, supply the material to do it.
if i landed a seat at a studio they would provide me with a workstation however in the freelancing bit such demands would be ridiculous :(

G

Graybrew1

I am totally in for that. How much you need omni?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

COOL ROBOT!

What is this robot from, or what is it part of? It looks unique. Like perhaps armor for an intelligent insect race. :) AWESOME!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OMNI

COOL ROBOT!

What is this robot from, or what is it part of? It looks unique. Like perhaps armor for an intelligent insect race. :) AWESOME!
thanks!

it isnt from anything really its just an original thing/crap for my portfolio and an exercise in rigging...

OMNI

a short animated test of the rig..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7SxEF1jlI

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
So soulless - awesome! :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
a short animated test of the rig..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7SxEF1jlI

OH WOW...that is cool. So smooth, almost catlike! Looks like a very high frame rate video. You need to give it a name. :) At5 least a species of race of being? That is too cool!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It actually gives off a touch of the Heath Ledger "joker" vibe from Dark Knight. One almost expects to hear "why so serious?"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It actually gives off a touch of the Heath Ledger "joker" vibe from Dark Knight. One almost expects to hear "why so serious?"

Looks like a bruiser from UFC!

OMNI

OH WOW...that is cool. So smooth, almost catlike! Looks like a very high frame rate video. You need to give it a name. :) At5 least a species of race of being? That is too cool!
smooth? its quite jerky in 10 or so frames there.. and nope 30fps default setting for these things and i think its jerky... but 60fps is a pain in the arsehål to render time wise.

also it isnt alien... it has warning stripes and humam camo FFS... i call it the Sphynx Recon Drone and the feline influence is intentional funny note tho ive had this up for sale at my store for about 2 weeks and noone has shown intrest... even tho its rigged etc..