Cat Lovers Thread

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Sorry, man. My favorite was the very first one. Face planted in a beanbag. Epic win!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The stuff ppl get on video makes you wonder what the cats do when no one is around.

THAT is my little personal movie idea! You stole it...:( :anim_59: :P

B

Backstep

My nephew just got a kitten, she does not corner to well, the rear drive breaks traction and skids out to much or skids into the wall. This is on carpet :smiley-laughing021:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cats do not take shit from ANYONE. This cat was already not too happy about being in the snow, but then this woman decides she wants to kick snow at it to get it away from her house? Just LOL! Watch. :)

It looked to me like the cat owned that woman pretty damned good. :anim_59: :cat: It even looked like the cat was coming back for more.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My nephew just got a kitten, she does not corner to well, the rear drive breaks traction and skids out to much or skids into the wall. This is on carpet :smiley-laughing021:

I never had a kitten. :) Owners say that kittens form a closer bond with their humans than older cats who are adopted. I dunno about that! Kittens are so darned cute though...

5566130992_a0dd61de93_b.jpg

This is my cat Dante snuggled in under my arm whilst I watch a movie. He gets there all by himself, through a complicated series of adjustments and positioning, until his head is nestled "just right" under my arm. I know he is done when he puts his paw across my chest. Then he starts purring until I notice he stops (because he has fallen asleep). He also does this at night.:)

2014-01-06 15.01.37.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Kittens are the shiz, we have always got out cats at the kitten stage, you miss so much fun if you get them older.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Chest? Tummy. ;)

Tummy, yes. :) But it can be the chest too, depending on where he wants to settle in. I was on the couch in that picture, watching a movie. When Im in bed, he gets further up. Brave little Fisher now sleeps next to my head every night on my second pillow. I must be doing something right, these cats adore me. :fox: The feeling is mutual. :)

B

Backstep

I never had a kitten. :) Owners say that kittens form a closer bond with their humans than older cats who are adopted. I dunno about that! Kittens are so darned cute though...

View attachment 29220

This is my cat Dante snuggled in under my arm whilst I watch a movie. He gets there all by himself, through a complicated series of adjustments and positioning, until his head is nestled "just right" under my arm. I know he is done when he puts his paw across my chest. Then he starts purring until I notice he stops (because he has fallen asleep). He also does this at night.:)

View attachment 29219

Today the kitten was playing with her ball then went full wide eye nutzo as kittens do, did 10 full throttle tail circle chases, ran up the couch jumped in the air twisted came down head first, ran onto the hardwood floor broke traction did a slow motion 360 spread eagle spin, sprang up to a no traction 1 minute spinout. All that was missing was the cartoon sound effects.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I do the same. The kitten time is when you can train them, now I'm training this one to play tog-o-war and fetch.

Mine are all hunters................

Not good when they want to bring their prize inside the house however :lol:

B

Backstep

Mine are all hunters................

Not good when they want to bring their prize inside the house however :lol:

The nephew want her to be an indoor car, but not getting it declawed. she is bound to get out and bring back presents. :cat: Right now she is 13-14 weeks old, kitten hellion time is near.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The nephew want her to be an indoor car, but not getting it declawed. she is bound to get out and bring back presents. :cat: Right now she is 13-14 weeks old, kitten hellion time is near.

That's when you have to crack down on them HARD, which is really sad in a way :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

THIS. I could never allow my cats to roam freely outdoors. I allow them supervised outdoor excursions, but only Siete has earned the privilege. Fisher got out and panicked. Dante got out and nobody saw him get out, and an hour tater a neighbor told me to open the door and there was Dante, terrified. He dashed in the door and ran under the bed where he stayed for two hours. :anim_59: He was outside for too long before he met me, so he is not gung ho about it. But the main thing is parasites, dogs, and cars. Not to mention weirdos who hate cats. One excursion outdoors resulted in a flea attack on Siete, and then worms (gotten by eating the fleas whilst grooming). I have them all treated with Revolution now, but still the benefits of having a 100% indoor cat outweighs every other option.

GateFan has more land to work with. I live in an apartment so I dont really have another choice either. But I still feel much better having my boys all indoor cats. I know they are safe and healthy and I can keep my fat Dante on his diet! I just had him groomed, because his fur was forming little mats on the hindquarters and sides because he is too fat to groom those areas. Now he is a slick as a seal, and I have to brush him with the slicker brush every night.
--- merged: Jan 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM ---
I do the same. The kitten time is when you can train them, now I'm training this one to play tog-o-war and fetch.

What breed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I do have more area to work with, plus I live on a quiet cul-de-sac, so we let the cats roam freely during the day when they wish to as we don't see a lot of traffic. Personally, I think the cats are healthier for being able to roam, but I completely understand OM's position of not letting them out in his environment. I guess we are lucky "out here" to an extent that we have so much urban sprawl that letting the cats wander is not that much of an issue. Funny thing is, where you have too much space is where the cats really become an issue as they are far, far more efficient predators than our native animals, and they (cats) will quite happily rip up the more placid native animals, even the larger ones.

B

Backstep

THIS. I could never allow my cats to roam freely outdoors. I allow them supervised outdoor excursions, but only Siete has earned the privilege. Fisher got out and panicked. Dante got out and nobody saw him get out, and an hour tater a neighbor told me to open the door and there was Dante, terrified. He dashed in the door and ran under the bed where he stayed for two hours. :anim_59: He was outside for too long before he met me, so he is not gung ho about it. But the main thing is parasites, dogs, and cars. Not to mention weirdos who hate cats. One excursion outdoors resulted in a flea attack on Siete, and then worms (gotten by eating the fleas whilst grooming). I have them all treated with Revolution now, but still the benefits of having a 100% indoor cat outweighs every other option.

GateFan has more land to work with. I live in an apartment so I dont really have another choice either. But I still feel much better having my boys all indoor cats. I know they are safe and healthy and I can keep my fat Dante on his diet! I just had him groomed, because his fur was forming little mats on the hindquarters and sides because he is too fat to groom those areas. Now he is a slick as a seal, and I have to brush him with the slicker brush every night.
--- merged: Jan 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM ---

What breed?

Charcoal Grew Russian Blue

Last edited: