The Walking Drama season 3

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, Overmind, I wouldn't put such a scene past their writers. Would you?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Be careful, we'll probably get a torrid love scene between Rick and zombie Lori...

Rick: Oh Lori!!! Oh Lori!!!

Lori: Grrrrrr...moan......Grrrr....moan

Rick: Honey, are you trying to give me a hiccy? OUCH!!!!

I'm sure they would spend all their time arguing over Lori's zombie lover:

"How could you let him eat your ring finger?!" Rick would hiss (like all effete twats do).

"Grrr...You let me get turned into a zombie...grr...it's your fault Rick...grrr...Where's Carl?...grrr..."

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
My Pollyanna attitude is just based upon the last two episodes. I’m not jaded yet.

We sooooooooo need to stage an intervention. :neglected:

If you see a window-less black van driving through your neighborhood in the next couple days don't think anything about it. It's probably just the Publishers Clearing House folks looking for their next winner. Really, I swear.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well the last episode, the third one, was an improvement on the series mostly because it was totally sans Rick and Lori. Seriously, it was much better because those two weren't in it.

As for the second episode, it wasn't horrible but Rick's incessant hesitation to handle business even though he's been living in a zombie-filled world for a year now is just lame. I know they do it to highlight his "goodness" and all that crap but really it's just annoying. Plus they had 2 scenes with Lori/marriage drama where they expected us to actually care that they are having marital problems. Boo hoo. :facepalm:

They really need to just kill off Rick and Lori and let Daryl step up as the lead in the show.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Tonight's episode was a turning point.

Let's all say bye to Token. He was a real trooper, playing background furniture or a bed post and sometimes had a few lines, occasionally participating in action scenes displaying true courage, before returning into the background to play a tire or a stool. Token will be missed.

Let's all laugh at Lori's departure. She sacrificed herself for her baby. She died instantly from a c-section in what should actually have been hours of torment sitting there with your lower abdomen cut open. However, for the sake of brevity, she died the moment she felt the cold blade touch her skin. Cowboy kid shot his mother in the head to make sure she didn't turn. The really bad news is that there's now a baby in the series. How quaint.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Still doesn't make the show watchable. Now they'll just ship Rick with someone else - probably Andrea.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Tonight's episode was a turning point.

Let's all say bye to Token. He was a real trooper, playing background furniture or a bed post and sometimes had a few lines, occasionally participating in action scenes displaying true courage, before returning into the background to play a tire or a stool. Token will be missed.

Let's all laugh at Lori's departure. She sacrificed herself for her baby. She died instantly from a c-section in what should actually have been hours of torment sitting there with your lower abdomen cut open. However, for the sake of brevity, she died the moment she felt the cold blade touch her skin. Cowboy kid shot his mother in the head to make sure she didn't turn. The really bad news is that there's now a baby in the series. How quaint.

Shame I can't green you again so soon as this spoiler is perfect! So true, so true!!!

I will say I did feel some disappointment in Lori's passing though as I wanted it to be horrible and painful and anguishing -- a modicum of the pain she's put us through for 2+ seasons now. We deserve that much at least. Hell, we didn't even get to see the kid put a bullet in her ugly, misshapen head.

Don't get me wrong, beggars can't be choosers and I've been begging for this for a looooooooooong time now, so I'll take it. A win is a win. Plus we got the added bonus of watching Andrew Lincoln over act with exaggerated grief when he gets the news. His pretend keening was rather delicious I must say.

Looks like next week is gonna be exciting as the gang goes off in search of baby formula and Rick seeks revenge on some mindless zombies. I can't wait for the terse, tense moments of finding some baby formula. Do you think they'll find some? Talk about nail biting intrigue!

Oh -- and they didn't show Carol as dead, they just found that head scarf thing she was wearing so she may pop back up...which will be pointless as she's kind of a 5th (or 6th or 7th) wheel.

As for Token, I almost feel bad for the guy. As a character he got a raw deal and as an actor he got a raw deal ("Stand in the back ground Token -- look confused and menacing too -- What's that? -- No, no lines for you this week."). Apparently they can only have one black guy that stands around in the background and with the black prisoner getting background screen time now obviously one of them had to go. Bye bye Token, we hardly knew ye! (Seriously dude, we didn't know you at all)

One thing that bugs the ever living poop out of me this season is how everyone in the Governor's town just walks up and down the sidewalks. The town is what, maybe one square block long, two at the most, so why is everyone always walking from end to end, holding hands, whistling, window shopping, etc? It's annoying.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Shame I can't green you again so soon as this spoiler is perfect! So true, so true!!!

I will say I did feel some disappointment in Lori's passing though as I wanted it to be horrible and painful and anguishing -- a modicum of the pain she's put us through for 2+ seasons now. We deserve that much at least. Hell, we didn't even get to see the kid put a bullet in her ugly, misshapen head.

Don't get me wrong, beggars can't be choosers and I've been begging for this for a looooooooooong time now, so I'll take it. A win is a win. Plus we got the added bonus of watching Andrew Lincoln over act with exaggerated grief when he gets the news. His pretend keening was rather delicious I must say.

Looks like next week is gonna be exciting as the gang goes off in search of baby formula and Rick seeks revenge on some mindless zombies. I can't wait for the terse, tense moments of finding some baby formula. Do you think they'll find some? Talk about nail biting intrigue!

Oh -- and they didn't show Carol as dead, they just found that head scarf thing she was wearing so she may pop back up...which will be pointless as she's kind of a 5th (or 6th or 7th) wheel.

As for Token, I almost feel bad for the guy. As a character he got a raw deal and as an actor he got a raw deal ("Stand in the back ground Token -- look confused and menacing too -- What's that? -- No, no lines for you this week."). Apparently they can only have one black guy that stands around in the background and with the black prisoner getting background screen time now obviously one of them had to go. Bye bye Token, we hardly knew ye! (Seriously dude, we didn't know you at all)

One thing that bugs the ever living poop out of me this season is how everyone in the Governor's town just walks up and down the sidewalks. The town is what, maybe one square block long, two at the most, so why is everyone always walking from end to end, holding hands, whistling, window shopping, etc? It's annoying.

Okay, after laughing my ass off at this post, I gotta know...Lori is truly dead? If so, then the photo of her as a zombie cant be true, can it? Or, did they bury her? Token is gone, good. Carol SHOULD be gone, but "away" is still cool. They need to get rid of the baby. Sorry to say, but it needs to be done. If I see Rick trying to nurse him with his man-nips, I will puke. I still have not been able to bring myself to catch up on this show. But without Lori slowing it down, I may come back. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Maybe he'll discover his feminine side.

Andrea like bad boys, not weepy single daddies who have spent most of their time with the singularly most annoying woman left on earth after a zombie apocalypse. Besides, isn't that Shane's baby?

Bluce Ree

Okay, after laughing my ass off at this post, I gotta know...Lori is truly dead? If so, then the photo of her as a zombie cant be true, can it? Or, did they bury her? Token is gone, good. Carol SHOULD be gone, but "away" is still cool. They need to get rid of the baby. Sorry to say, but it needs to be done. If I see Rick trying to nurse him with his man-nips, I will puke. I still have not been able to bring myself to catch up on this show. But without Lori slowing it down, I may come back. :)

I liked Token. He's been replaced by Prison Token because having two tokens on the show no longer makes them tokens.

We heard "bang!" behind a closed door so we're not really sure if Lori can still be zombified. Maybe the Cowboy Kid missed his mom's forehead. I agree that baby needs to go. This is a show about man's last stand against a zombie apocalypse. We don't need yet another melodramatic drag to fill episode orders in lieu of good writing.

The pace is not bad this season. So far, no significant melodrama to speak of and that's made the show somewhat more watchable for me.

Bluce Ree

Andrea like bad boys, not weepy single daddies who have spent most of their time with the singularly most annoying woman left on earth after a zombie apocalypse. Besides, isn't that Shane's baby?

Oh, right! The chick from "The Mist". I wonder if she's typecast as the blondie-turned-tough woman who goes for the recently widowed husband with child? Replace Thomas Jane with Rick and there you have it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I liked Token. He's been replaced by Prison Token because having two tokens on the show no longer makes them tokens.

We heard "bang!" behind a closed door so we're not really sure if Lori can still be zombified. Maybe the Cowboy Kid missed his mom's forehead. I agree that baby needs to go. This is a show about man's last stand against a zombie apocalypse. We don't need yet another melodramatic drag to fill episode orders in lieu of good writing.

The pace is not bad this season. So far, no significant melodrama to speak of and that's made the show somewhat more watchable for me.

I will be so freakin' pissed if this is a red herring with Lori.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I will be so freakin' pissed if this is a red herring with Lori.

It has to be. If there is a picture with her being a zombie, then she will return, albeit as a zombie. :facepalm:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
To me the show gets dumber and dumber.

Rick's stupid idea from 2 weeks ago comes back and bites them big time. Meanwhile the soap opera in the governor's town continues...

The whole premise is breaking down anyway. Supposedly this season is several months after last season. By now the walkers would have decomposed - after all they are dead unembalmed bodies. Especially in the heat of the Southern climate. Plus the unrelentingly negative view of people gets annoying. By now we should be seeing a story of survivors starting the long struggle to rebuild some civilization with walkers being only a very minor threat if even that.

Of course, this is the whole problem with making a zombie apocalypse story a weekly series. At some point the progression of time in the show will mean the zombies should be gone and civilization rebuilding.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To me the show gets dumber and dumber.

Rick's stupid idea from 2 weeks ago comes back and bites them big time. Meanwhile the soap opera in the governor's town continues...

The whole premise is breaking down anyway. Supposedly this season is several months after last season. By now the walkers would have decomposed - after all they are dead unembalmed bodies. Especially in the heat of the Southern climate. Plus the unrelentingly negative view of people gets annoying. By now we should be seeing a story of survivors starting the long struggle to rebuild some civilization with walkers being only a very minor threat if even that.

Of course, this is the whole problem with making a zombie apocalypse story a weekly series. At some point the progression of time in the show will mean the zombies should be gone and civilization rebuilding.

Its just kills me that they blew up the CDC in Season 1. Im sick of seeing these particular individuals in THEIR struggle. How about lets change the locale and show others in say...England or Russia? How about showing the cracking, struggling broadcast from some faraway INTELLIGENT group who is trying to create a survival haven?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That too. Plus like I said by now (in the show it is now over 18 months after the zombie apocalypse) the zombies would have decomposed for the most part - you might still have smaller bands of the recently bitten but the big bulk of zombies would be gone. The show should be shifting into a "find other survivors and rebuild" mode both for that reason and because you can only maintain the "Romero" type survival story for so long.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It has to be. If there is a picture with her being a zombie, then she will return, albeit as a zombie. :facepalm:

Might be a dream sequence. You know how dramas like to have crap like that occur.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That too. Plus like I said by now (in the show it is now over 18 months after the zombie apocalypse) the zombies would have decomposed for the most part - you might still have smaller bands of the recently bitten but the big bulk of zombies would be gone. The show should be shifting into a "find other survivors and rebuild" mode both for that reason and because you can only maintain the "Romero" type survival story for so long.

The whole decomposition aspect is really what kills the suspension of disbelief for this show. It's a no-brainer. It would happen, period. They tried to explain this away though when they had the Governor's "tea scientist" say that the zeds decay slower than dead bodies or something like that. It was a lame waving-off of this blatant premise flaw by the writers. To be honest it's shocking that so few people have questioned this aspect of the show.

The Governor mentioned that he has a daughter but we have yet to meet her. Wonder why? She's no doubt a zed.

Bluce Ree

The whole decomposition aspect is really what kills the suspension of disbelief for this show. It's a no-brainer. It would happen, period. They tried to explain this away though when they had the Governor's "tea scientist" say that the zeds decay slower than dead bodies or something like that. It was a lame waving-off of this blatant premise flaw by the writers. To be honest it's shocking that so few people have questioned this aspect of the show.

The Governor mentioned that he has a daughter but we have yet to meet her. Wonder why? She's no doubt a zed.

They had a similar explanation for the zombies in Resident Evil. I think it was in the Apocalypse sequel where the corporate scientists stated that the zombies could survive for about 20 years.