"The Walking Dead" Season 2 premiere breaks records

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
sooo anyone see last nights ep? if you did would you be so kind to tell me if it is worth wasting my bandwidth on? (keep in mind i thought the premiere sucked monkey balls and if this ep has more of the same NO arc progress and forced draa BS i wont be intrested...)

so?

Yes I saw it and no, it's not worth your bandwith. Just being honest here. I will try to be vague as to not spoil anything. There were some seriously bad dramatic scenes that made little sense. The "wife" is painfully un-emotive whenever she's given bad news. There was a good scene between Rick and Shane early in the show but then they repeated that scene in a slightly different fashion and it got lame. I was sitting there yelling at the TV screaming "WHY DON'T YOU STOP TALKING AND GO DO SOMETHING???!!!"

Plus there were a few other moments that were poorly done. In one scene the group in the woods is walking together then within one second one of them engages a zombie but is a good 100 yards away from the rest of the group. Very poor direction in that scene.

So, there's some good drama in the beginning of the episode but then there's some lame drama that follows. Also, it really felt like the writers were stretching out the episode. Oh -- and there was a gratuitous flashback that was really poorly acted. I mean really poorly acted. It was like they were just reading lines.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm in the process of downloading it right now so I'll be watching it in about three minutes. And after that it's time for dexter which looked really interesting in last weeks promo with all those dead horsemen riding through the streets. I suspect it has something to do Edward James Olmos' character.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Yes I saw it and no, it's not worth your bandwith. Just being honest here. I will try to be vague as to not spoil anything. There were some seriously bad dramatic scenes that made little sense. The "wife" is painfully un-emotive whenever she's given bad news. There was a good scene between Rick and Shane early in the show but then they repeated that scene in a slightly different fashion and it got lame. I was sitting there yelling at the TV screaming "WHY DON'T YOU STOP TALKING AND GO DO SOMETHING???!!!"

Plus there were a few other moments that were poorly done. In one scene the group in the woods is walking together then within one second one of them engages a zombie but is a good 100 yards away from the rest of the group. Very poor direction in that scene.

So, there's some good drama in the beginning of the episode but then there's some lame drama that follows. Also, it really felt like the writers were stretching out the episode. Oh -- and there was a gratuitous flashback that was really poorly acted. I mean really poorly acted. It was like they were just reading lines.

thanks man! then i know not to waste y time with it!

could you do me a favor and lemme know if and when there is an ep worth watching?

and as for bolded DAMN STRAIGHT!

OMNI

I'm in the process of downloading it right now so I'll be watching it in about three minutes. And after that it's time for dexter which looked really interesting in last weeks promo with all those dead horsemen riding through the streets. I suspect it has something to do Edward James Olmos' character.
ok :)

as for dexter i kinda lost intrest early last season and after Rita was killed off the story and everything kinda went a bit limp imo..

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
ok :)

as for dexter i kinda lost intrest early last season and after Rita was killed off the story and everything kinda went a bit limp imo..

So did I but I decided to go back and found that the season did start to pick up some steam eventually and the show got back on its A game towards the end.

OMNI

So did I but I decided to go back and found that the season did start to pick up some steam eventually and the show got back on its A game towards the end.
i see maybe ill have another look at it eventually (if i suffer from complete and utter boredom that is) ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
thanks man! then i know not to waste y time with it!

could you do me a favor and lemme know if and when there is an ep worth watching?

and as for bolded DAMN STRAIGHT!

Yeah, I can deal with some scenes that are exposition as I understand that's just how it is. But when they start to insert talking scenes just to slow down the pace and to fill up time then it gets bad. It was pretty egregious in this episode.

OMNI

Yeah, I can deal with some scenes that are exposition as I understand that's just how it is. But when they start to insert talking scenes just to slow down the pace and to fill up time then it gets bad. It was pretty egregious in this episode.
okidoke that settles it im skipping this one and saving myself 500+mb on my prepaid!

lemme know WHEN something that actually takes the story forward happens and if its worth watching (if you havnt given up completly yet yourself and intend to watch some more)

there's green init fer ya :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hmmm....I like this show. I know, I know....but its still very entertaining to me!

I guess Im in the minority, but I like this show! It could be the kid in me, or perhaps just seeing so much overt gore and unexpected twists is just....entertaining to me! I watched all of Season 1 (6 episodes) yesterday in a marathon. :) It's on Netflix, streaming. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I downloaded the premiere and the second episode of this season and will be watching that after I post this. I will come back later and see if I like it less after watching the premiere.

Nothing redeeming about this show for you guys? Its entertainment, not soap! Well, there are a few suds in there....

OMNI

I guess Im in the minority, but I like this show! It could be the kid in me, or perhaps just seeing so much overt gore and unexpected twists is just....entertaining to me! I watched all of Season 1 (6 episodes) yesterday in a marathon. :) It's on Netflix, streaming. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I downloaded the premiere and the second episode of this season and will be watching that after I post this. I will come back later and see if I like it less after watching the premiere.

Nothing redeeming about this show for you guys? Its entertainment, not soap! Well, there are a few suds in there....
YES season one ie the "mini series" was entertaining even tho it had a few overly drawn out drama moments it was quite enjoyable as a mini series but GOOD GOD is S2 diffrent so far and understandably so as they have most likly made material that would only cover 4-6 episodes on to a 13 episode season so EVERYTHING is VERY drawn out and overly dramatic with characters you really dont give a F about beyond how STUPID they are behaving. :facepalm:

honestly if you like season 2 im REALLY surprised you couldnt stand SGU as this is WORSE MUCH WORSE..

heisenberg

Earl Grey

I love it! :icon_e_smile:. I thought the premiere for season 2 was strong and the second episode was pretty nail bitting stuff. The characters are lovable(to an extent). I haven't been this entertained since Prison Break season 1-2 which was a jaw dropping stuff(best drama show of the decade IMHO). Shame that hollywood can't use a simple storyline and tell like like the walking dead more often. It's a quality show no doubt about it.

Here is the thing though, the Show is still following the book in season 2 so it will be entertaining to those who haven't read the comic :icon_e_smile:

YES season one ie the "mini series" was entertaining even tho it had a few overly drawn out drama moments it was quite enjoyable as a mini series but GOOD GOD is S2 diffrent so far and understandably so as they have most likly made material that would only cover 4-6 episodes on to a 13 episode season so EVERYTHING is VERY drawn out and overly dramatic with characters you really dont give a F about beyond how STUPID they are behaving. :facepalm:

honestly if you like season 2 im REALLY surprised you couldnt stand SGU as this is WORSE MUCH WORSE..
I disagree
SGU had bad actors from the start(sorry SGU fans).It got even worse as the season progressed. This show is damn good. :)

OMNI

I love it! :icon_e_smile:. I thought the premiere for season 2 was strong and the second episode was pretty nail bitting stuff. The characters are lovable(to an extent). I haven't been this entertained since Prison Break season 1-2 which was a jaw dropping stuff(best drama show of the decade IMHO). Shame that hollywood can't use a simple storyline and tell like like the walking dead more often. It's a quality show no doubt about it.

Here is the thing though, the Show is still following the book in season 2 so it will be entertaining to those who haven't read the comic :icon_e_smile:

I disagree
SGU had bad actors from the start(sorry SGU fans).It got even worse as the season progressed. This show is damn good. :)

Bolded = seriously? you are dead to me know...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bolded = seriously? you are dead to me know...

Me too? :redface:

Name one good drama show that is this good in the past decade?

I like the show still, and I just watched the premiere for season 2. :) Not for a long time have I seen a movie which made me squirm with "oh no, its gonna get her!" or laugh at scenes like this:

walkingdead.png

This show is FUN! It's not meant to be that serious, but it's just serious enough not to be cheesy like Night of the Living Dead, or the dreaded C.H.U.D. I find the zombies more entertaining than the dinos in Terra Nova or the creatures in primeval. They are people, but not...they are scary and funny at the same time. The characters are so delineated as to be self-contained. The way they can easily add a guest character and then have them eaten/bitten in the end is brilliant.

This show still doesn't beat Sanctuary for me, but right now it has to be my second favorite show. It makes me laugh, jump, squirm and gross-out...FUN! :)

OMNI

hehehe :icon_e_smile: It's good dude ;)

Name one good drama show that is this good in the past decade?
as GF76 said Boston Leagal is one i enjoyed ALOT but it wasnt pure drama and was more toward the funny side of things.

as for my personal prefference BREAKING BAD THAT IS DRAMA at its finest and they have the awards to back that up aswell as acting that blows crap like prison break which was a nast teen fad imo and people who liked it at all should imo be stripped of their rights and sent to gitmo... (jk but still...)

what else...

cant fail to mention the Sopranos and Sons of anarchy...

i can type up a MASSIVE list of shows better then the walking dumd and especially prison break if you so desire.

OMNI

Me too? :redface:

I like the show still, and I just watched the premiere for season 2. :) Not for a long time have I seen a movie which made me squirm with "oh no, its gonna get her!" or laugh at scenes like this:

View attachment 6220

This show is FUN! It's not meant to be that serious, but it's just serious enough not to be cheesy like Night of the Living Dead, or the dreaded C.H.U.D. I find the zombies more entertaining than the dinos in Terra Nova or the creatures in primeval. They are people, but not...they are scary and funny at the same time. The characters are so delineated as to be self-contained. The way they can easily add a guest character and then have them eaten/bitten in the end is brilliant.

This show still doesn't beat Sanctuary for me, but right now it has to be my second favorite show. It makes me laugh, jump, squirm and gross-out...FUN! :)
YES YOU aswell if you enjoyed prison break...

as for "the walking dumb" are we even watching the same show? as this thing takes itself WAY TOO SERIOUS and i dont see the "fun" in it at all...

also jump squirm and "gross out"?? really? wow you must have a weak stomache... as it does neither for me..