Star Wars #7 Character Details

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not a bad move by them. Edwards is a talented up and comer. Godzilla did a LOT right and the stuff that did not work is likely just inexperience. By the time he starts working Star Wars he will have more studio film experience under his belt.

Did you see the writer? The 2 movies they credit to him weren't exactly stellar...let's hope he is a SW fan at least

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Book of Eli was a decent effort. After Earth could have worked had Will Smith and Son not turned it into a hamfest. Granted I would much rather have seen the name Lawrence Kasdan there as writer - but it is far from hopeless.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

At least it's not this stupid thing:

Watto_EPI_TPM.png

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Was gonna post some pics, but think yongjin beat me to it, ah what the hell:

View attachment 29989 View attachment 29990

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the urge to slap the shit out of J.J. Abrams when they look at him? My God he looks like an insufferable prick. I feel sorry for the people that have to work with him everyday.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the urge to slap the shit out of J.J. Abrams when they look at him? My God he looks like an insufferable prick. I feel sorry for the people that have to work with him everyday.

Its your built-in Hipster Hate gene. All normal people are born with this gene. :) He is one of those type of hipsters who is taking his status to Super Duper Hipster Dude. All his best buds are hipsters too. Especially Lindelof. Orci is not a hipster, but he really wants to be one.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Pretty goofy looking creature. However, in its defense....

a) At least it isn't CGI. Practical effects return!

b) Damon Lindelof has nothing to do with this film (YAY!!!! He's like the reverse Midas - everything he touches turns into lead).

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
TMZ (yes, I know, that slimepit) got some more set photos, 45 of em:
http://www.tmz.com/photos/2014/06/02/star-wars-episode-7-set/images/2014/05/31/sw-7-15-jpg/

Also, two more women joined the cast, Lupita Nyong'o(girl from 12 Years a Slave) and Gwendoline Christie (Brienne from Game of Thrones):
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-cast-lupita-nyongo-gwendoline-christie/

Ok, but how does Obi Wan have a granddaughter? (mentioned in the linked story on Nyongo and Christie)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The mention was a rumor, so we have to wait and see.

That said, to have a granddaughter only 50 years after Revenge of the Sith he would have needed to have had a son/daughter pretty quickly after the end of that film.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The mention was a rumor, so we have to wait and see.

That said, to have a granddaughter only 50 years after Revenge of the Sith he would have needed to have had a son/daughter pretty quickly after the end of that film.

Wouldnt it have been pretty easy to slip in love children in Star Wars? Obi Wan was not the focus of any of the movies, at least his personal life. He could easily have had a fling somewhere and had children from it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well he died in Star Wars, so that puts a pretty definite limit on it. And he arrived on Tattooine to watch over Luke when Luke was a baby, so said begetting had to occur during Luke's childhood.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well he died in Star Wars, so that puts a pretty definite limit on it. And he arrived on Tattooine to watch over Luke when Luke was a baby, so said begetting had to occur during Luke's childhood.

I agree. And if we are to believe that Obi Wan lived out there in the desert alone for all those years Luke was with his adopted mother and father on Tatooine, with no companionship whatsoever...there is our plausible gap in time right there.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll probably find out that his secret child was Lando Calrissian....

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
i thought the Jedi were to have no romantic relationships- wasn't that why Padme and Annakin had to hide their marriage (or was it just because they had NO chemistry?)? i hate it when new writers throw out the past information! :P just confusing that is all!