Star Wars #7 Character Details

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i thought the Jedi were to have no romantic relationships- wasn't that why Padme and Annakin had to hide their marriage (or was it just because they had NO chemistry?)? i hate it when new writers throw out the past information! :P just confusing that is all!

And THAT, Sweetie, is a perfect setup for these new grandchildren. Obi Wan could have been married and hid his relationship too. :) Even if he did not get married, he could have done a few one-nighters with locals and had children. They will come up with something to work with. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
i thought the Jedi were to have no romantic relationships- wasn't that why Padme and Annakin had to hide their marriage (or was it just because they had NO chemistry?)? i hate it when new writers throw out the past information! :P just confusing that is all!

The Jedi order was pretty much decimated and non-existent when "Old Ben Kenobi" took up residence on Tatooine. Looks like he decided to give up the monastic life since he was the only one left. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget the whole "Jedi can't love" schtick came from Lucas in the horrid prequels.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don't forget the whole "Jedi can't love" schtick came from Lucas in the horrid prequels.

Didn't Anakin tell Padme that the Jedi "Are encouraged to love"?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually they both kept saying they were forbidden to love. Just one small pebble in three of the worst screenplays ever written.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually they both kept saying they were forbidden to love. Just one small pebble in three of the worst screenplays ever written.

Padme was saying that. :) But the quote I posted from Anakin was spoken dialogue between Padme and Anakin. But yeah, I get it about the Jedi rules and such. Worst screenplays written? Not even close!

tank_girl_ver1.jpg

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I didn't say they were THE three worst ever written, just three OF the worst ever written - which they are.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Here is the whole quote:

Padme: It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi, not being able to visit the places you like, or do the things you like.
Anakin: Or be with the people I love.
Padme: Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi.
Anakin: Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love.

In English - yes Jedi are forbidden to love in the sense of the term we are speaking of. He says it right up front - attachment is forbidden.

Just another logical corner Lucas horrid scriptwriting painted them into. I hope Kasdan enjoys the challenge of screenwriting his way out of some of the idiocy created by the prequels.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Here is the whole quote:

Padme: It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi, not being able to visit the places you like, or do the things you like.
Anakin: Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love.

In English - yes Jedi are forbidden to love in the sense of the term we are speaking of. He says it right up front - attachment is forbidden.

Just another logical corner Lucas horrid scriptwriting painted them into. I hope Kasdan enjoys the challenge of screenwriting his way out of some of the idiocy created by the prequels.

I think it's safe to say that most people wouldn't have a problem with Kasdan simply ignoring the horseshit that Lucas plopped all over the place. I, for one, would welcome it.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is the whole quote:

Yep, that is the scene. :) The more I watch things Star Wars, the less cool the Jedi seem to be. :biggrin: In the first three films, and kind of even in the last three, the Jedi seem naive and gullible.
--- merged: Jun 7, 2014 4:20 AM ---
I think it's safe to say that most people wouldn't have a problem with Kasdan simply ignoring the horseshit that Lucas plopped all over the place. I, for one, would welcome it.

Most definitely! We should get a reboot, not a rehash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually in the original trilogy the Jedi WERE cool. Their role was hinted at in the original film and then in The Empire Strikes Back we learned a lot about them through the lens of Yoda training Luke, and they were rather deeper than we had originally been led to believe. We learned about the Force and how their training really focused on being able to summon and control it while not falling prey to temptation to use it wrongly (the dark side). Then in Return of the Jedi we got to see what a fully trained Jedi Knight was actually like. And it worked very well, as Luke in RotJ is much different than Luke in either prior film - he is serious, calm, focused and perceptive.

If only Lucas had left what Kasdan wrote alone for the prequels. But instead he showed that while he directed the originals he did not actually understand what was going on in them story wise. So we got the Jedi turned into a silly monastic order who say and do incredibly stupid things, going from Qui-Gonn Dumb in The Phantom Menace through Yoda himself being portrayed as a dolt. And then there is Yoda using his baby lightsaber trying to fight people several times his size, undoing his wise sayings in Empire about the nature of the Force.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Harrison Ford injured on the set of 'Star Wars'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ord-injured-on-the-set-of-star-wars/10380445/

Harrison Ford has sustained an injury on the set ofStar Wars: Episode VII.

The 71-year-old actor injured his vagina on Thursday and was taken to a local hospital.

"Harrison Ford sustained a vagina injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates," said a statement from Disney released to USA TODAY.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ford, who reprises his role as Han Solo from the original franchise, was injured by the door of the Millennium Falcon, the spacecraft that his character pilots in the original films.

*Correction: HF injured his ankle during filming, not his vagina.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually in the original trilogy the Jedi WERE cool. Their role was hinted at in the original film and then in The Empire Strikes Back we learned a lot about them through the lens of Yoda training Luke, and they were rather deeper than we had originally been led to believe. We learned about the Force and how their training really focused on being able to summon and control it while not falling prey to temptation to use it wrongly (the dark side). Then in Return of the Jedi we got to see what a fully trained Jedi Knight was actually like. And it worked very well, as Luke in RotJ is much different than Luke in either prior film - he is serious, calm, focused and perceptive.

If only Lucas had left what Kasdan wrote alone for the prequels. But instead he showed that while he directed the originals he did not actually understand what was going on in them story wise. So we got the Jedi turned into a silly monastic order who say and do incredibly stupid things, going from Qui-Gonn Dumb in The Phantom Menace through Yoda himself being portrayed as a dolt. And then there is Yoda using his baby lightsaber trying to fight people several times his size, undoing his wise sayings in Empire about the nature of the Force.

As a "devils advocate" on this (not saying I agree with it or that the prequels were my all time favorite movies or anything)

The shear size of the Jedi Order (there is like 3 levels" full Jedi-the ones we see/ Jedi staff and admin-like the librarian lady in Clone Wars/ and the Jedi security and the other "ash and trash" personnel of such a large organization. Anyone on any of the levels were supposed to be force sensitive and had been at least considered for Jedi training) with so many ppl involved, many ppl would have escaped Order 66-remember only the ppl in the temple and those on mission with their clone units were killed-maybe it was their day off? Anyhow, they were also spread out across the galaxy, we see in Clone Wars (established once again as official canon per the recent Disney "purge") how the bulky Republic/Imperial system was duped or plain out just missed things, easy for them to miss a few padawan on a field trip to an asteroid or some tech support ppl re-working some routers on an orbiting platform :icon_lol:. It would be very easy for a few to survive through the yrs in obscurity.

Remember we are only shown the lives and doings of a relatively small group of ppl in the movies, this galaxy is a big place, could have been many lost Jedi stories throughout the galaxy

And then there is the matter of the dismissed student of Anakin-Ahsoka Tano--the new canon also says she survives order 66 (bureaucracies; "ONLY KILL WHO IS ON THIS LIST TROOPER"). After so many Jedi are killed, would anyone be picky about someone's membership status?

AND THE BIGGEST "THING/BUT IF" Is the fact that Lucas/Disney can write in whoever or what ever they want...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There really is no way to get around how incredibly badly the prequels were written. And one of the biggest problems was completely altering the depiction of the Jedi from the originals. The way Lucas wrote them in the prequels was as a monastic order of dolts where love leads to the dark side of the force. Kasdan wrote them far differently (and better) in the originals. Also, having any other Jedi survive the purge contradicts Jedi where Yoda (who would know) specifically tells Luke that when he passes on Luke will be the last of the Jedi.

Hopefully even though they said Clone Wars was canon they choose to just ignore it. And ignore the prequels too - it may be the only real way out of the screenwriting black hole Lucas created.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
There really is no way to get around how incredibly badly the prequels were written. And one of the biggest problems was completely altering the depiction of the Jedi from the originals. The way Lucas wrote them in the prequels was as a monastic order of dolts where love leads to the dark side of the force. Kasdan wrote them far differently (and better) in the originals. Also, having any other Jedi survive the purge contradicts Jedi where Yoda (who would know) specifically tells Luke that when he passes on Luke will be the last of the Jedi.

Hopefully even though they said Clone Wars was canon they choose to just ignore it. And ignore the prequels too - it may be the only real way out of the screenwriting black hole Lucas created.

Supposedly they are casting a guy to play a villain that is introduced in the upcoming REBELS series-so I am guessing that CLONE WARS is all in

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Supposedly they are casting a guy to play a villain that is introduced in the upcoming REBELS series-so I am guessing that CLONE WARS is all in

They said The Clone Wars is canon. http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/star-wars-new-media-set-as-official-canon-only/

As of now the only canon media in the Star Wars franchise are the first six films and the animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars which started airing in March 2008. The six movies were what set the frame for the television series which tells the events that transpired during the clone wars between the Republic and the Separatists .The popular animated television show served as a filler for events that took place between Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Characters such as Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kinobi, Yoda, Mace Windu, and other well known heroes and villains alike, were prominently featured in many episodes in the series .

They need Ahsoka in the live action movies! I hope we do not see the witches of Dathomir or anything resembling zombies, vampires, werewolves, orcs, elves or wizards. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I still wish they would forget about everything but the original trilogy - just don't think that will happen though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I still wish they would forget about everything but the original trilogy - just don't think that will happen though.

No it wont happen :(. The new canon is (in order):

The Prequels, The Clone Wars, The Original Trilogy (and Rebels when it comes out). Nothing else.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sneak peek at the X-wing Fighter: