Renewal and Cancellation news

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Isn't this Stone's favorite show right now? I wonder how he's taking the news? Probably barricaded himself in his windmill and is drowning his sorrows in a liter (he's in Europe after all) of some sort of grain alcohol. Poor, bloody sot. :culpability:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Isn't this Stone's favorite show right now? I wonder how he's taking the news? Probably barricaded himself in his windmill and is drowning his sorrows in a liter (he's in Europe after all) of some sort of grain alcohol. Poor, bloody sot. :culpability:
indeed it is... told ya it was bad...

but yep it is and it is also the reason he got his panties in a bunch and had to F off so now hearing that it has been canceled id say he'd be liable to off himself seeing as he took it all so personal whne we commented on it so a suicide due to cancelation not unlikly imo...

:smiley-laughing024:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Wow. The puns just write themselves with that one.
"It's not pining, it's passed on. This program is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. It's a stiff, bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't have nailed it to the perch it'd be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-television show!”
(with apologies to the good folks who wrote for Monty Python's Flying Circus)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Oh well, Last Resort has been cancelled. that has been an interesting show with Andre Braugher as the lead Captain Chaplin. Not enough sex and gore I guess. :P

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Oh well, Last Resort has been cancelled. that has been an interesting show with Andre Braugher as the lead Captain Chaplin. Not enough sex and gore I guess. :P

Well it was up against The Big Bang Theory/2 1/2 Men on CBS and The X-Factor on Fox. The show never had much of a chance to begin with. A few of the later episodes even got beat out by The CW's Vampire Diaries in the 18-49 demo. But it's a shame since I enjoyed the show (though I stopped watching when the writing was on the wall), and I think it could've done better in a more friendly timeslot.

In related news, I thought I'd post this list of genre shows and their current renewal/cancellation status for reference purposes:

ABC
Once Upon a Time - Renewal all but confirmed
666 Park Avenue - Cancelled

CBS
No genre shows

NBC
Grimm - Renewal all but confirmed
Revolution - Renewal all but confirmed

FOX
Fringe - Final season

CW
The Vampire Diaries - Renewal all but confirmed
Arrow - Renewal all but confirmed
Supernatural - Renewal all but confirmed

Cable
The Walking Melodramatic Dead - Renewal all but confirmed
American Horror Story - Renewed for 3rd season
Game of Thrones - Renewed for 3rd season
True Blood - Renewed for 6th season
Teen Wolf - Renewed for 3rd season
Alphas - Tossup
Haven - Renewed for 4th season
Lost Girl - Renewed for 3rd season
Warehouse 13 - Tossup
Falling Skies Quality - Renewed for 3rd season

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
what is interesting is that now it's been cancelled Last Resort is getting more and more interesting and getting into the "whys" of what's happening! :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
what is interesting is that now it's been cancelled Last Resort is getting more and more interesting and getting into the "whys" of what's happening! :P

That drives me nuts. I remember really being into Surface and also Invasion but both shows were cancelled and everyone was left hanging. :disturbed: Ever since then I've gotten more cautious (and cynical) about investing my time into new shows.

poundpuppy29

Scifi & Fantasy Junkie
I am happy about Once Upon A Time I love that show I have seen some of season 1 and all of season 2 glad a fantasy show on a network show is doing well in the ratings it a nice feeling that you don't have to worry about a show.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well the ratings did tank in season 2 so its not a shock.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Did I or did I not say that Summer Glau was the kiss of death for most TV shows??? :grumpy:

Believe it or not this show actually grew on me. I thought at first that it would be a Xmen ripoff and total turd but it was fairly well scripted and fairly well acted. I wonder what the production budget was because they did over 1 million for the season finale. That isn't too shabby for SyFy so all I can assume is that it was costing too much to produce in terms of return on investment. As it is the cast was very large and they did tons of location shooting.

Oh well, I'm sure Ghost Mine will more than make up for any disappointment we feel towards losing a scripted show on SyFy. :stung:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am happy about Once Upon A Time I love that show I have seen some of season 1 and all of season 2 glad a fantasy show on a network show is doing well in the ratings it a nice feeling that you don't have to worry about a show.

this is my favorite show. the only one i make time for. others I will catch on on-demand "whenever".

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
not by much- it's still considered a"winner". :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So I know FRINGE is airing its final ep tonight (this is a show I want to watch though I know little to nothing of it).

Was this a "natural" ending for a show that ran its course or was it cancelled?

I plan on watching it whenever it comes up on amazon prime or netflix. Its on the science channel but hard to keep up with their scheduling

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
So I know FRINGE is airing its final ep tonight (this is a show I want to watch though I know little to nothing of it).

I plan on watching it whenever it comes up on amazon prime or netflix. Its on the science channel but hard to keep up with their scheduling
Yes, it was cancelled.

However...

They were given the opportunity to bring the show to an actual close, and as I understand it, that's exactly what happens here. Too bad some other networks aren't so thoughtful.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, it was cancelled.

However...

They were given the opportunity to bring the show to an actual close, and as I understand it, that's exactly what happens here. Too bad some other networks aren't so thoughtful.

Well, syfy was thoughtful for a bit (farscape, sg1 sga) but then lost their nerve(it appears)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

You should watch it, it's pretty fun once you get into it. While the science may be pseudoscience, it's really the arc storytelling and characters that are the driving force behind the show.