Renewal and Cancellation news

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
SNORT!! :lol:

I can't imagine J or J wanting to do it for that long, but hey, who knows, they could do spinoffs a la L&O, but they would have to get Actors with the same broad appeal as them.
I did hear rumors of a Green Arrow Spinoff for Smallville a year or so ago, but nothing has come of that as yet that I know of.

G

Graybrew1

SNORT!! :lol:

I can't imagine J or J wanting to do it for that long, but hey, who knows, they could do spinoffs a la L&O, but they would have to get Actors with the same broad appeal as them.
I did hear rumors of a Green Arrow Spinoff for Smallville a year or so ago, but nothing has come of that as yet that I know of.

Yes, I believe Justin Hartely was on board for it. There was also talk of a Aquaman spinoff at one point too. I think that the ratings for the last year for Smallville changed their minds.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I believe Justin Hartely was on board for it. There was also talk of a Aquaman spinoff at one point too. I think that the ratings for the last year for Smallville changed their minds.

I actually enjoyed the last season of smallville, better arc than a few other seasons. :)

G

Graybrew1

It was a disappointment to me in many ways. They took far too long to get to him flying. That was downright annoying. I believe he flew while still in Smallville in the comics not after he got job in started wearing the glasses.

I was just referring to the ratings for my case in point though.;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It was a disappointment to me in many ways. They took far too long to get to him flying. That was downright annoying. I believe he flew while still in Smallville in the comics not after he got job in started wearing the glasses.

I was just referring to the ratings for my case in point though.;)

Clark never flying was part of the original setup of the series though, it was supposed to be about CK, not Superman.
As for him flying when growing up in Smallville, I'm not sure, I don't think he learns that until after he goes to the fortress of solitude for the first time, but I could well be wrong (I'm not actually a big Superman fan, I think he is one of the worst DC hero's)

G

Graybrew1

Yes, the whole timeline sounds a bit off or drug out to extend the series. This says he flew at 18. I think that should have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. LOL.

Let us not forget Superboy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
is it weird that I have to ask my daughter what network the shows I like are from? I watch just about everything On Demand so I just look the show up alphabetically!

S

Stonelesscutter

Another show I followed and will never know the ending of. F*CK that sh*t! I'm soo done with that crap.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Another show I followed and will never know the ending of. F*CK that sh*t! I'm soo done with that crap.

Which one? Alcatraz? I suspected as much before the show even aired so I didn't bother watching it.

S

Stonelesscutter

Which one? Alcatraz? I suspected as much before the show even aired so I didn't bother watching it.

Yes that's the one. I know it's not top class action but I was enjoying it. It's not like how I felt about the cancellation of Threshold.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Family Guy has been renewed again. Which means it will air 2 more seasons at least. American Dad got the same treatment.

Parenthood is coming back for 15 episodes while 30 Rock has got a 13 episode final season.

Cougar Town got moved over to TBS (from ABC) for a 15 episode 4th season.

S

Stonelesscutter

Family Guy has been renewed again. Which means it will air 2 more seasons at least. American Dad got the same treatment.

Parenthood is coming back for 15 episodes while 30 Rock has got a 13 episode final season.

Cougar Town got moved over to TBS (from ABC) for a 15 episode 4th season.

As long as it's boring regurgitated junk it gets renewed.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Every time I see this thread, at first glance, it reads, "Renewal and Cannibalism News".

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
What happened to "The River"? Did they cancel that sucker?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nothing on Sanctuary yet? :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Nothing on Sanctuary yet? :(

Nope, the door is still open on all 3 fronts (actors/money/network) however, and they ALL still want sanctuary, it's just a matter of getting it work for all people involved. The MAD crew are all but willing to do it for a song (from how I see it), but the money gets involved eventually and the "investment corp", and the Network, have to make at least even or a best for fans "acceptable losses for PR reasons"

Personally, I want more, I really enjoy Sanctuary. :)