Renewal and Cancellation news

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Fantastic. Fox is getting some serious browny points for this. Ratings wise it shouldn't have come back last year, so another season really is a gift.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
still waiting for ABC's list.....:P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If your thinking about Castle and Once Upon a Time, I'd be shocked if they didn't get renewed. OUAT is one of the highest rated shows on ABC, while Castle still seems to be doing well in its timeslot.

Do you happen to know any more news on Sanctuary?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
If your thinking about Castle and Once Upon a Time, I'd be shocked if they didn't get renewed. OUAT is one of the highest rated shows on ABC, while Castle still seems to be doing well in its timeslot.

yep those are what I am curious about...i figure they will be renewed but I just want it carved in stone.

also NBC's awake-- I understand the ratings have tanked :( but I love the show and hope it continues.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Do you happen to know any more news on Sanctuary?

Apart from that article that was posted here the other day, I haven't heard anything. Well Amanda Tapping tweeted this on 3rd April:

Not sure when we'll be back. Crossing everything! Ouch. RT@Jamal_Borhot: @amandatapping is ther gonna be a new season for sanctuaryy?????

and the official santuary twitter feed posted this on 25th April:

Sorry-no news to share today. But again, we sure love that you guys are all still hanging out with us! /RT @jenihajas any news on season 5??
so it would appear the show isn't totally dead.

yep those are what I am curious about...i figure they will be renewed but I just want it carved in stone.

also NBC's awake-- I understand the ratings have tanked :( but I love the show and hope it continues.

Me too but at the moment it's the longest of long shots. Here's to hoping though.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is there really a rabid Sanctuary fan base that is salivating for more of this show? It just doesn't strike me as being one that many people would miss if it ended its run. Time for AT and DK to move on to a new project, one more realistic and believable and that doesn't involve trips to Middle Earth. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is there really a rabid Sanctuary fan base that is salivating for more of this show? It just doesn't strike me as being one that many people would miss if it ended its run. Time for AT and DK to move on to a new project, one more realistic and believable and that doesn't involve trips to Middle Earth. ;)

The original Men In Black-esque storylines involving abnormals was working well for the show. Middle Earth and the Super Abnormals sorta ruined a lot of that for me. At least they did not have space aliens in it (did they?). Now, all they have to do is find the Stargate and.......:)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm hoping on a renewal for Castle. It hasn't helped that they've been jerking it around, putting other stuff in the timeslot and not really keeping viewers notified about when new episodes air.

There are four more episodes this season, I believe, and we (the Castle/Beckett loving fans) have been promised something GOOD for a change by the end of the season. Four seasons in, I don't think anyone's jumping a shark.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Netflix might be resurrecting jericho

Apocalypse now? TV Guide Magazine confirms that Netflix has approached CBS about reviving cult fave Jericho — and the network, through its CBS TV Studios production arm, is considering it. The drama, which followed the residents of a small Kansas town in the wake of a nuclear attack, has been off the air since 2008.

Repeats of Jericho remain popular on Netflix's on-demand service, even four years after the show's cancellation. Insiders say Netflix execs would love to emulate the revival of Fox'sArrested Development, which is expected to return on Netflix with new episodes in 2013, seven years after the show ended its run. LikeArrested fans, Jericho's are a passionate bunch: CBS renewed the post-apocalyptic show for a second season in 2007 after viewers bombarded the network with cases of peanuts.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Netflix-Jericho-1046804.aspx

Never watched so I can't comment whether it's good or not...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was "ok". Definitely better than Terra Nova and The Walking Dead because it was not as soapy.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
It was "ok". Definitely better than Terra Nova and The Walking Dead because it was not as soapy.

There was only so much post-apocalyptic Theo Huxtable and Dylan McKay I could take.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think it's fair to say that SPN will make 10 seasons now, CW seems to be VERY loyal to it's long term shows such as SPN and Smallville.