Renewal and Cancellation news

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I've just done a major update to this as I had some free time. The week of May 14th is when everyone should expect the majority of news to come out so stay tuned then. It's looking like I might actually be free that week so I should be able to keep this updated then as per last year.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Blood & Chrome the TV series is cancelled. Instead crappy syfy is opting for a webbased version. :facepalm:

http://collider.com/battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome-cancelled/154170/

I dont mind as long as it is well produced. Sanctuary started like that. :) Speaking of which, I haven't watched it in months! Is it still on? Doing well? This show needed to have a successful Caprica behind it to have been considered viable for mainstream cable. Caprica killed that, but since it was already in pre-production, B&C still breathes. It is wheezing, but it still lives!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I dont mind as long as it is well produced. Sanctuary started like that. :) Speaking of which, I haven't watched it in months! Is it still on? Doing well? This show needed to have a successful Caprica behind it to have been considered viable for mainstream cable. Caprica killed that, but since it was already in pre-production, B&C still breathes. It is wheezing, but it still lives!

This really did piss me off.Like as in big time. I am not a big die heart BSG fan but, the trailer played a big of a psychological role in reviving my interest in the franchise. Then, a few hours later, one of my friends messaged me that the series won't be renewed and I felt totally gutted.Syfy IMHO have made a HUGE mistake over cancelling the series. I can only predict what will happen on other science fiction forums across the globe. There will definitely be a lot of nerd rage exchanged and the hate towards the syfy channel will grow to even higher than ever before. This trailer did raise a lot of curiosity and "OMG" moments in the syfy world but going web can only mean that syfy wants to play conservative and continue renewing corny drama shows...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sanctuary is in its offseason. Still awaiting word on Season 5. Season 4 had quite the good ending, almost bringing the show full circle.

And yes SyFy is notorious for treating its shows poorly.

S

Stonelesscutter

I can't remember, has there been any news on Alcatraz yet?

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I can't remember, has there been any news on Alcatraz yet?

No, not yet. tvbythenumbers has it as 'certain to be cancelled' but I'm not so sure. With the state Fox drama's are in it'll likely be based on various deals we never get to hear about.

Short story: The decision will probably come in May at the upfronts.

S

Stonelesscutter

No, not yet. tvbythenumbers has it as 'certain to be cancelled' but I'm not so sure. With the state Fox drama's are in it'll likely be based on various deals we never get to hear about.

Short story: The decision will probably come in May at the upfronts.

I'll be keeping my balls crossed until then.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Isn't the Glee fad over yet?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
It amazes me that complete BS like Glee is still on the air and going strong, while brilliant shows like Fringe are struggling to survive. :facepalm:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It amazes me that complete BS like Glee is still on the air and going strong, while brilliant shows like Fringe are struggling to survive. :facepalm:

I personally dislike Glee
HOWEVER
Glee tells very good, relevant stories, and That is why it is on the air still. It produces ratings, it generates cash, unlike other shows ("good" or not) that are out there.
Sorry, thats just the way it is.