Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Drs Baltar and Bashir in the same place and pic at one time! PROOF they are not the same men for those hard core nimwits out there who swear they are!

now, just pick out who is who? :) :)

1674874269119.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Obviously, Bashir is at the left side of the picture.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
absolutely, I never confused them, i know plenty who have though

always those 'casual fans'. when you say something to them its either a fight to the end OR "Some of us work and can't watch TV all day" :)

Mulligan to the Nimwits though, when Callis had longer hair, they did look more alike of course. always the eyes to me where the difference is, Callis has those Roddy McDowell eyes

1674945314264.png
1674945455821.png
1674945491787.png
1674945556402.png

Attachments

• 1674945400898.png
    1674945400898.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i remember this guy from SG1, seems he lost his legs in a hit and run in 2019 while leaving a grocery store

""As of December 2019 he has been hosting a GoFundMe fundraiser to pay for prosthetic legs and work to make his home wheelchair-accessible.""

I mean,, he didn't save any money?

1674960324291.png
1674960342549.png

Attachments

• 1674960313099.png
    1674960313099.png
    280.4 KB · Views: 39

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
i remember this guy from SG1, seems he lost his legs in a hit and run in 2019 while leaving a grocery store

""As of December 2019 he has been hosting a GoFundMe fundraiser to pay for prosthetic legs and work to make his home wheelchair-accessible.""

I mean,, he didn't save any money?

View attachment 35739View attachment 35740
Aren't those the sort of things health insurance should cover?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Aren't those the sort of things health insurance should cover?
not unless you have really good health insurance

I would think though that those are the things that a decent acting career, and some saved money, could have covered

IDK... no one ever plans enough I guess

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Homophones...

One is a fictitious creature from a different world, heavy on make-up, and latex and with an over-inflated sense of superiority and the other is a Cardassian..
1675050945129.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hi!

I admit to not being up to speed on current internet controversies. As such, I don't really know anything to speak of about the Eliza Bleu stuff. Sorry but the same overload at work that has had me scarce here has had me scarce in other venues too.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol!

Welcome to Gatefans! I've been around not quite since the beginning but not long after, or, since before the beginning, depending on how you look at it. I met the creator/administrator of Gatefans in person, a bunch of years ago.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Lol!

Welcome to Gatefans! I've been around not quite since the beginning but not long after, or, since before the beginning, depending on how you look at it. I met the creator/administrator of Gatefans in person, a bunch of years ago.
dude, the Worship is real!

I nearly forgot I was still a member over there; the less you participate the less you get notified of stuff.

I hadn't been there for over a year, so I just got a notification for the first time in like 8 months. I went to my inbox and had about 50 notifications. The place still has a lot of activity, but its all silly stuff. So much of it still about old school Gate. which is fine, but there ARE other shows

which they allow to talk about but some ppl are cultish there and the "WORSHIP" of this Darren guy is near Biblical

like there is a kind of Darren sighting thread! its old, but i guess someone used to post when he would be at certain events :) :)

anyone here know who this Darren guy is? Like anyone actually "important" to SG production or anything? You'd think he was Richard Dean Anderson or Michael Shanks!! @Joelist @Overmind One

there set up is kind of impressive though,, shhhh, dont tell OM1 i said that :) The way they have stuff linked fromthe forums into videos, in forum and off site, totheir own YT page and facebook page. the have like a blog spot diff fromthe forums

a lot of dedication and someone is still maintaining it too

but its FRACKING BORING!!

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Lol!

I did too!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Any of you here drive SUV or trucks? :D They are evil!

This is a pretty interesting video. I think it'd be hard for anyone to come up with good counter arguments.

View: https://youtu.be/jN7mSXMruEo
1- I too agree that there are many SUV's that are completely ridiculous and have about zero reason for their existence- like an ESCALADE or a TITAN ,etc

2- Crash Compatibility. Sorry but BS! It is NOT incumbent upon me to ensure that my vehicle (I do not own a SUV or truck at the moment) is "small enough" so that if my vehicle collides with yours then our injuries will be equitable

that is, what do the kids say these days? "Woke garbage" :)

3- Fuel efficiency, which he didn't really get into (and Ihave seen sev of this gu's other videos on city planning and inner city regreening, etc, good vids) is defi an issue, but there are several options out there in both full size pick ups and stupid sized SUV's in both hybrid and full EV form

Personally, I would love to have a EV pick up. great for local trips to pick up large items, would not use it for long trips as we do not have much of any EV charging along the way in this part of PA