Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What does the picture have to do with Andor? When was that picture even taken? Is it a real picture or is it photoshopped together?
here,doubter! why in the hell does modern tech create so much doubt? tech is supposed to complement are knowledge and appreciation of history, etc NOT cause us to call everything into doubt

i think you all are getting too old here :)

look man.. ALL you had to do was right click the pic, do a "search google with lens" search and get results like this. a article from 2017

the text:

I love seeing vintage pictures of the cast of the original Star Wars trilogy goofing around. It’s like watching history in the making. This vintage photo from the ’70s is just to damn cool. It features Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford trying to recreate the iconic poster art for A New Hope.

Fisher improvises her hair buns with a pair of pastries. Hamill is ready to strike with his non-existent lightsaber, and even though Ford wasn’t in the actual poster for A New Hope, he does a great job hamming it up here anyhow. They had way too much fun working together on this movie and it shows.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's been busy times for us. We're finally moved into our new house. No longer in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Now in Leeds, England. @Quetesh moved in a week before I did. We moved all our stuff over in a rental van. Took it on the ferry from Belfast to Liverpool. After unloading, I took the van back to Belfast to return it. Then I stayed in Belfast for a week to do final cleaning in our former rental home. That was a lot of work. Eventually I took our personal car over on the ferry, filled to the brim with whatever stuff was left over since the move, and a bunch of leftover cleaning supplies. I got here about a week ago. Of course, plenty to do in the new house as well. Today was spent for a large part hooking up our new internet and home network. Unfortunately it appears that the builders didn't wire up the two Ethernet ports in the living room correctly, so I guess they'll have to come over and fix that at some point. Not that we need those right now, but I want them fixed obviously.

View attachment 35723
Congratulations on completing the move! Now that you're in the UK itself (near York IIRC?) the next time I'm over it is more feasible to come up and say hi!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Congratulations on completing the move! Now that you're in the UK itself (near York IIRC?) the next time I'm over it is more feasible to come up and say hi!
Cool! Let us know when you're in the area. We're in Leeds, West Yorkshire, so yeah, not far from York. That's Old York, not New York. :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
1671168410314.png

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
It's been busy times for us. We're finally moved into our new house. No longer in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Now in Leeds, England. @Quetesh moved in a week before I did. We moved all our stuff over in a rental van. Took it on the ferry from Belfast to Liverpool. After unloading, I took the van back to Belfast to return it. Then I stayed in Belfast for a week to do final cleaning in our former rental home. That was a lot of work. Eventually I took our personal car over on the ferry, filled to the brim with whatever stuff was left over since the move, and a bunch of leftover cleaning supplies. I got here about a week ago. Of course, plenty to do in the new house as well. Today was spent for a large part hooking up our new internet and home network. Unfortunately it appears that the builders didn't wire up the two Ethernet ports in the living room correctly, so I guess they'll have to come over and fix that at some point. Not that we need those right now, but I want them fixed obviously.

View attachment 35723
We now have a full cabinet over this whole area. Lord Baal built it.

We have no type of special limitations on our gas, we can use our heat as we wish, but the house is a new build and very well insulated, so we don't need to put it very high at all. We have a smart meters that tells use what we are using, so that is helpful, but has no blocks on it. This being said, heating over here is quite expensive.

We are a half hour train ride from York in city centre, and our house is 10 minutes from there, so not too far. We visited York when we first starting looking at moving here and it is quaint. Leeds is much large with wider streets and feels much more roomy in general and more modern in some ways. I like it very much. The people here are beyond nice and very laid back. They say that is what Yorkshire is known to be like, so no complaints there.. The builders have some snags hubby is dealing with, but overall we are quite happy with the move and happy to own our place. The city is known to be the foodie city of the North of England, so looking forward to that!

We now have a smart washer and dryer , and maybe getting a smart fridge at some point too! We want to make all floors in the house cork, except kitchen and bathroom to make us green and smart.

Just call us Kermit. LOL

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
It is that time of year again. I am doing my third Dry January in a row.
It does not even seem like that much of anything anymore, but it is only the 5th of Jan. LOL.

Let's see how well work goes this month and then I will know how much I want a glass of something more than soda or decaf. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
We have no type of special limitations on our gas, we can use our heat as we wish, but the house
thats good! is it a detached house or one of the many constructions the English seem to love where everyone is connected in some way; duplex's etc?

i have watched a few UK news specials on energy costs there and how some people either living on estates or other non Govt arrangements but still managed, cannot use their gas as they want to, despite the fact they are paying for it

we refrain from buying anything 'smart' anymore as our past purchases of the things proved them to be very 'dumb' and not made to last :) but YMMV

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
thats good! is it a detached house or one of the many constructions the English seem to love where everyone is connected in some way; duplex's etc?

i have watched a few UK news specials on energy costs there and how some people either living on estates or other non Govt arrangements but still managed, cannot use their gas as they want to, despite the fact they are paying for it

we refrain from buying anything 'smart' anymore as our past purchases of the things proved them to be very 'dumb' and not made to last :) but YMMV
It's an end-terrace, as they call it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's an end-terrace, as they call it.
so would that be you are in a multi family/tenant structure but you are at the end with only one shared wall?

its not terrible, we lived like that when I was in the army in army family housing. takes getting used to for many americans

i could never get used to it at this time in my life though after living like we do now. But it does seem to be the European way - glad you guys like it and are happy :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
QUESTION for @Joelist and @Overmind One

YT channels THE QUARTERING and Chrissie Mayr, are they part of the broader "fandom menace" when they do speak on entertainment issues?

i think i have seen THE QUARTERING guy speak on shows and movies before

these vids came up on my YT feed, seems that these 2 and maybe a few others from that group have been banned on TWITTER for calling out this woman who claims to be a sex trafficking victim (why they feel she is a fraud explained in videos)

they posted on TWITTER screen shots from a YT video from about 10 yrs ago that she appeared in 'scantily clad'

she and now it seems Elon Musk and his team, are claiming this is a unauthorized use of her image.. NOW, 10 yrs later

others have found (also n video) info that shows she may not be a victim but may be more like a sex worker who came to regret her decisions and is now trying to rehab her name via a massive campaign of PR and lies

they seem to think she is personally connected to Musk as well

you would expect this from 'woke' types, but most of the "gang" has been very supportive of Musk's takeover of twitter and, often to my irritation, very anti woke vis a vis sci fi and other shows/movies

wondering if either of you had seen any of this drama unfolding?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggD8mT8R9Ps&t=705s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtx1ipIgZNc&t=32s