Random Banter

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
@admin Is there any way to make the "Latest posts" section on the forum home page to display more than 10 threads? I remember in the past it used to show more threads. That was great. To be honest, the way I interact with this site is only through the "Latest posts" section. I literally don't use anything else, except for those somewhat rare moments that I start a new thread. Seeing as the forum these days has relatively little going on, most of the time it is alright, as there are only a handful of threads being updated, so they all show within the last 10 updated threads. That said, there are moments, such as right now, that suddenly more than 10 threads get updated. Just now I had to run a search to find this particular thread for example, because it wasn't shown in the latest posts anymore. If that section showed the latest 20 or perhaps even 30 last updated threads, it would be so much more convenient.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
funny stuff

way it is around here, or i guess most areas where you go from rural, slow suburban to urban

in town, we have a SHEETZ 24 hr gas station/ store/ hot sandwiches, etc. Locals and ppl travelling from Canada to everywhere

we open and hold doors for everyone

do it for them and some look at you like "what do you want from me?" like you want a tip or something! got to sometimes gesture for them to walk in!

go even 2 hours down the road to asmall city State College, try to hold a door open for someone, and then get nearly pissed at you! "What's your angle! trying to rob me?"

funny people watching is great

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yeah.. but weight on the shelf...

mortising looks cool if you are going to have fluff and poof on the shelf, but if you have any weight- books, CDs, plants, etc.. you are going to want screws; from out to in, flush mount

i prefer the star drive :)

1678846915659.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
yeah.. but weight on the shelf...

mortising looks cool if you are going to have fluff and poof on the shelf, but if you have any weight- books, CDs, plants, etc.. you are going to want screws; from out to in, flush mount

i prefer the star drive :)

View attachment 35754
How science fiction of you.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
funny stuff

way it is around here, or i guess most areas where you go from rural, slow suburban to urban

in town, we have a SHEETZ 24 hr gas station/ store/ hot sandwiches, etc. Locals and ppl travelling from Canada to everywhere

we open and hold doors for everyone

do it for them and some look at you like "what do you want from me?" like you want a tip or something! got to sometimes gesture for them to walk in!

go even 2 hours down the road to asmall city State College, try to hold a door open for someone, and then get nearly pissed at you! "What's your angle! trying to rob me?"

funny people watching is great
My dad told me he had a woman cuss him out once because he held the door open for her sometime he was in the states.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
He (Marc Alaimo) played Commander Tebok, a Romulan.

well add the Romulan AS WELL, :) because he did play the first ever character appearing as a Cardassian in TNG

I just checked

its the one where the Cardassian look changed after
1680654073040.png

======

Cardassian Gul Macet (Marc Alaimo)
"

"The Wounded": 1991[edit]​

The emblem of the Cardassian Union, as devised for The Next Generation
The Cardassians were invented by the writers of Star Trek: The Next Generation for the show's fourth season episode "The Wounded", written by Stuart Charno, Sara Charno, and Cy Chermak, with teleplay by Jeri Taylor. It was first screened in January 1991

View: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardassian#:~:text=%22The%20Wounded%22%3A%201991,-The%20emblem%20of&text=The%20Cardassians%20were%20invented%20by,first%20screened%20in%20January%201991