DEFIANCE game and TV show - sink or swim?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Actually, after watching the ep with BJS, its more like putting the 20 bucks back to keep the quarter, cause that ep sucked ass.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I saw the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes of last nights episode. That was more than enough.

yawn-380x540.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im watching this now...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WTH? What is with the pseudo primitive act with the Irathians? NOT WORKING. :facepalm:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Guns? A REVOLVER????

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The commercials are better than the show! This show is just a mess. But the game IS folliwing it. It just goes nowhere.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sheez! Dancing around the rocks chanting?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The old lady was smoking a filtered cigarette. How?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This episode was pure soap. The worst I have seen yet. :facepalm: Why are they not even trying?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait...the ending drilled my ass. :facepalm: Datak as Mayor, golfball face smoking, the boring old lady...damn.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So you were thinking.......................

LMAO! I really needed that after watching that last episode...Im at my computer now, but I was watching it and using the phone to comment. Im at a loss where they are going with this show. The game is a shooter...so how does the soap fit into this transmedia thing? What if they allowed the main characters to be shot and killed in the game? If enough people killed a certain character (mine would be Datak), they could remove that character from the show. Now THAT would be cool.

Something I noticed about Defiance...no video media. No screens, even though there are tons of them intact in the arkfalls. Why radio broadcasts? Is it supposed to lend an air of "olden times"?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
So you were thinking.......................

--- merged: Jun 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM ---
Now try and get that song out of you head :D

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Autotune! A piece of software running under Windows on conventional hardware that can turn ANYONE into a singer! It also works on live vocals as well as pre-recorded.

Loved it! Whomever put that video together has some serious musical talent. :icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think that whoever came up with the Irathian "Spritualism/stupidity" is the same "member of the BSG creative team" who dreamed up the Baltar adherents and their "love in religion".

All I could watch was near the end--Whitey as mayor and the old lady scheming with the doctor, then=="click"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think that whoever came up with the Irathian "Spritualism/stupidity" is the same "member of the BSG creative team" who dreamed up the Baltar adherents and their "love in religion".

All I could watch was near the end--Whitey as mayor and the old lady scheming with the doctor, then=="click"

You missed NOTHING my friend. :( The best analogy would be a sink with fresh sudsy water which in about 45 minutes time, the water is cold and the suds are basically gone...but the last few bubbles pop into oblivion...in that zone would be the entire episode. It was by far the soapiest, most ridiculous episode they have aired to date (IMO). The end with Mayor bids and the old lady being told by the golfball faced Doctor to stop smoking (her FILTERED cigarette), says "its bad for you" and then lights up something herself (probably weed). So the alien species smokes, and they get high from weed? Datak is probably in control of that too. :facepalm:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Since I mentioned Terra Nova earlier, I thought it would be interesting to also mention that Discovery Science is playing a Terra Nova marathon July 7th.

As much as I don't mind this, I still remember when Discovery was about science, not fictional TV series. :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2