DEFIANCE game and TV show - sink or swim?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I saw someone walking around the set yesterday and he shewed me away lol . Hmmmm . I will check again today .

Hey Overmind ? Do you have GateFan Tee shirt's ? Maybe I can get in if filming is taking place if I represent the forum . Maybe they'll let me in if I can state that our forum watches the show . Of course if they check out the forum I may be tossed out on my head :) :) :)

Are you interested in this? I can send you the shirt...I just need info from you. Continue in PM if interested. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Speaking of which, I tried catching the marathon yesterday, which played every single episode to date. All I remember is tuning in, closing my eyes for a sec and then it was 9:45pm. :(

Perhaps Syfy should find a way to supply wishful viewers with a supply of medical amphetamines prior

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I only watched about 2 minutes of last nights episode and then changed the channel. And the only reason I even tuned in for that long was because it was a Jaime Murray scene and she's stunning no matter how lame the show is. At any rate, I forgot the show was even on last night and just chanced across it while surfing channels. Sad that I'm more interested in watching the dropping ratings of this show as opposed to watching the show itself.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I only watched about 2 minutes of last nights episode and then changed the channel. And the only reason I even tuned in for that long was because it was a Jaime Murray scene and she's stunning no matter how lame the show is. At any rate, I forgot the show was even on last night and just chanced across it while surfing channels. Sad that I'm more interested in watching the dropping ratings of this show as opposed to watching the show itself.

My, that phrase sounds VERY familiar. :P Im there too...watching just to see it fail now.

Ill get around to watching it on Syfy Rewind tonight, as a sleep aid.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Funny, basically the same thing I did...

I really tried to "tune in" to it. but when the ugly alien in the lime green boa got shot and suddenly healed;then the angst ridden miner's son was babbling about some lost trinket thing or whatever-I just clicked away.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Today's episode was more drab. There was a thing that was falling out of the sky with a trajectory headed straight for Defecation! OH MY! What a COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, some shit happened and they saved the day.

So far, the only decent scene this entire season was the redheaded chick's side boob when she was banging the black dude.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Today's episode was more drab. There was a thing that was falling out of the sky with a trajectory headed straight for Defecation! OH MY! What a COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far, the only decent scene this entire season was the redheaded chick's side boob when she was banging the black dude.

The show is groan inducing. I saw a few seconds of a scene where the alien hipster guy is whining at his human girlfriend because she's not comfortable bathing with his whole family. :stung::rolleyes:

Bluce Ree

The show is groan inducing. I saw a few seconds of a scene where the alien hipster guy is whining at his human girlfriend because she's not comfortable bathing with his whole family. :stung::rolleyes:

Family bath? :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Family bath? :facepalm:

Yes, the alien family bathes together. It seems every time I tune into that show they're either bathing together en famile or they're talking about the importance of bathing together en famile. :rolleyes: It's just another example of the poor writing on that show.

Bluce Ree

Yes, the alien family bathes together. It seems every time I tune into that show they're either bathing together en famile or they're talking about the importance of bathing together en famile. :rolleyes: It's just another example of the poor writing on that show.

Why can't they just write a good story instead of trying to fish people in using their morbid curiosity. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

SOMEBODY has to bang the (token) black dude :rolleyes: ;) Cant just have him playing bushes and spare tires and empty bottles can we? The Walking dead has that one locked down. :biggrin: Nah, this time we have the hot white chick...um wait, I mean the hot alien/costumed/orphaned "white" chick? Not sure what that was for anyway. I could to bring myself to watch Ep 7 last night. Ill get to it tonight I guess. :wink-new:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan

They are merely exchanging long protein strings from one another, if you have a better way I'd like to here it.

Bluce Ree

SOMEBODY has to bang the (token) black dude :rolleyes: ;) Cant just have him playing bushes and spare tires and empty bottles can we? The Walking dead has that one locked down. :biggrin: Nah, this time we have the hot white chick...um wait, I mean the hot alien/costumed/orphaned "white" chick? Not sure what that was for anyway. I could to bring myself to watch Ep 7 last night. Ill get to it tonight I guess. :wink-new:

Oh, this show loves to play the sterotypes. There was an episode with some corrupt government bitch with two husbands on a bus that was hijacked. The hijackers asked her about money she had or supposedly had and she played dumb. So, the hijackers threatened to kill one of the husbands, one of whom was black and the other was white. So, the guy asked which was her favorite and he walked up to the black dude, grabbed his crotch and said "definitely this one" then shot him. :icon_lol: :happy0007:
--- merged: Jun 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM ---
They are merely exchanging long protein strings from one another, if you have a better way I'd like to here it.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I started getting into Asimov's Foundation series back around the same time but was too busy to plow thru all the books then. Been meaning to pick it up again. He's a good writer.
He was one of the true hardcore sci-fi writers that had a good vision of the future. Sadly, he died of one of the most horrible diseases known to man,that being AIDS :(. Some idiot, who gave him a blood transfusion,gave him that horrible virus.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, this show loves to play the sterotypes. There was an episode with some corrupt government bitch with two husbands on a bus that was hijacked. The hijackers asked her about money she had or supposedly had and she played dumb. So, the hijackers threatened to kill one of the husbands, one of whom was black and the other was white. So, the guy asked which was her favorite and he walked up to the black dude, grabbed his crotch and said "definitely this one" then shot him. :icon_lol: :happy0007:
--- merged: Jun 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM ---

I saw that :anim_59: Somehow, he got away with a full on, full hand crotch grab without it seeming at all gay. :worked_till_5am: And the alien girl jumping the brotha's bone in that same episode at the end...what was that? :facepalm:

Bluce Ree

I saw that :anim_59: Somehow, he got away with a full on, full hand crotch grab without it seeming at all gay. :worked_till_5am: And the alien girl jumping the brotha's bone in that same episode at the end...what was that? :facepalm:

I dunno but I like when a petite chick has real boobs that are at least a handful.

I guess this can truly be called an interracial scene since the black dude is human and the redhead is not. :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Yeah, like the attention grabber shot of the "nude" mom giving her son a backrub while dad looks on with a grin--that kind of poor writing?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, like the attention grabber shot of the "nude" mom giving her son a backrub while dad looks on with a grin--that kind of poor writing?

Yes, that kind of bad writing. For the life of me I can't figure out what audience these writers are trying to pander to by showing incestuous imagery. It's not interesting or titillating, it's just creepy. :sour:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, that kind of bad writing. For the life of me I can't figure out what audience these writers are trying to pander to by showing incestuous imagery. It's not interesting or titillating, it's just creepy. :sour:

perhaps they are just writing for themselves (?)

and

perhaps that is showing in the ratings?

I thought that the younger demographic would like this, but apparently they are not much amused either.