OMNI's Art Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well it was a little joke, but it could have become truth.
You must understand that I like you bro (no homo though :P) and so your sudden outlash kinda shook me up.

Im only used to those "sudden outlashes" because I recognize it as a trait of great artists. My brother and OMNI appear to be wired the same at the core (artist's wiring), so I think I am more used to it than you are. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Im only used to those "sudden outlashes" because I recognize it as a trait of great artists. My brother and OMNI appear to be wired the same at the core (artist's wiring), so I think I am more used to it than you are. :)

What kind of art does your brother do?

G

Graybrew1

Yes, Please OMNI show us more............................................:D

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
More...

M1 Abrams Tank

"big bertha 666"

this is a rejected comission believe it or not thankfully no money or files were transfered during the back and forth and finally i just said forget it as im not going to bust my hump doing more custom stuff without being payed more MONEY!

and as ive put in a fair amount of work into it so far i figured i might aswell post it here before i up it on renderosity. (textures will recieve an an update before doing so)

Note that neither texture or modeling is 100% complete in these images.

you may see some scenes which features it in the future.

Modo501.
Lightwave10.

Enjoy!

G

Graybrew1

M1 Abrams Tank

"big bertha 666"

this is a rejected comission believe it or not thankfully no money or files were transfered during the back and forth and finally i just said forget it as im not going to bust my hump doing more custom stuff without being payed more MONEY!

and as ive put in a fair amount of work into it so far i figured i might aswell post it here before i up it on renderosity. (textures will recieve an an update before doing so)

Note that neither texture or modeling is 100% complete in these images.

you may see some scenes which features it in the future.

Modo501.
Lightwave10.

Enjoy!

Nifty. :biggrin:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What kind of art does your brother do?

Graphics artist, mostly for advertising agencies. He lives in Koln Germany and has been living there for the past 20 years. He does some CGI but not on OMNI's level. My brother has been doing it since before CGI existed. OMNI is so much like him (at least his internet persona) that I feel like I have known him for many years. :)

OMNI

Graphics artist, mostly for advertising agencies. He lives in Koln Germany and has been living there for the past 20 years. He does some CGI but not on OMNI's level. My brother has been doing it since before CGI existed. OMNI is so much like him (at least his internet persona) that I feel like I have known him for many years. :)

I C an old fox in tha game then eh? id love to pick his brain as the old ones have so much knowledge younglings like me lack.

and im pretty much the same online as i am offline so i think your assesment is decent.

OMNI

So here is a peek at some atmospheric landscape stuff ive been tinkering with after going through some rescently purchased tutorials.

mountain lighting and materials test.. (not to bad imo just needs to spiced up some)

vue_scrap_by_alxshipyards-d46cqa6.jpg

and here is the first thing i created after doing one of the tutes i purchased (didnt come out too good imo and i know i can do better.. top half looks moderatly ok tho i think..)

Click for fullsize!

S

Stonelesscutter

I asked some questions about that vuescape on the Alpha site.

OMNI

yes and i told ya to google it :P

but since you want to know it is a relistic 3d enviroment creator that works like any normal 3d app but it focuses on nature.

it has been used in AVATAR and many many many other films.

S

Stonelesscutter

yes and i told ya to google it :P

but since you want to know it is a relistic 3d enviroment creator that works like any normal 3d app but it focuses on nature.

it has been used in AVATAR and many many many other films.

Aaaaaaah. I don't think I ever saw that response.
Also, I don't like googling things if there's a person around who could give an easy and good explanation about them. Call me lazy, I don't care.
It's good to have such information on the board too by the way. ;)

OMNI

well you did now and i guess its good to have on here but im equally lazy so explaining thigs in detail isnt my fort'e