Falling Skies Gets Fourth Season

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually we learn that Lexi's real name is "MacGuffin"......

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

LOVED these quotes from that article: "In 2013, NASA decided to take time out from creating spectacularly useless climate models, and reactivated their Near-Earth Object Wide-field Survey Explorer programme. " and this one "Its nice to know that NASA occasionally takes a break from climate bothering, long enough to do something space related..."

:rotflmao:

Thing is, if they find a way to monetize this "threat", we are in trouble. :( Maybe NASA will ask for billions in grant money for "researchers" to study the future impact of meteors falling on earth. What if they force everyone to buy meteor protectors for their roofs (after billions are spend developing them), and perhaps a few new satellites to watch for threats?

ChickenLittle.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And....here goes the last season!

So far....Lexi is still dead. Tom is now a psycho who butchers skitters at the drop of a hat and is probably under the influence of unknown aliens. They are linking up with resistance groups worldwide to take the war to the aliens.

BOOYAH!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, a bit heavy handed with Tom discovering his inner-warrior. Not that I mind him finding a backbone finally, but it is kind of an eye roll at times.

And the love triangle with the brothers is just lame. :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well this week the focus was finding food after wild skitters destroyed their food store. They also discovered pretty graphically that skitters are not edible and that the Isveni have new biotechnology to replace the mechs and floaters disabled by losing their power source.

Felt sort of like a place filler to me while they gear up for the finale.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well this week the focus was finding food after wild skitters destroyed their food store. They also discovered pretty graphically that skitters are not edible and that the Isveni have new biotechnology to replace the mechs and floaters disabled by losing their power source.

I have not seen this episode yet, but I will watch it tonight. I don't understand them ramping up the action if the Ishveni power source has been destroyed. Does that not pretty much make the Ishveni totally vulnerable? Ill know when I see it, I guess. :)

I agree, they are going to be setting the show up for the finale. That is pretty much the entire purpose of this last season. At least we get an ending! And Continuum is coming later this month. :)

ecgordon

Star's Hero
Are you guys masochists? I gave up on this show halfway through the third season, and had thought about abandoning it long before that.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are you guys masochists? I gave up on this show halfway through the third season, and had thought about abandoning it long before that.

I have been watching from the beginning, but groaning along the way. I did not expect them to add in NEW issues for this season. This is the last season and they all know it. So, why aren't we seeing things wind down? This last episode added in new problems that need to be solved. And what about answering some of the questions which have gone unanswered up to now?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

WHY did they add in this new problem at this point in time? I want to see them gaining ground EVERY episode leading up to a victory. I want questions answered, like why the Volm are not taking advantage of the Ishveni lack of power? Why do the spikes still activate?

If they end this show without the earth people winning the war for good, I will never forgive myself for watching this season!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I skipped last season as soon as I saw that they were doing the "super fast growing alien love child" thing. As for this season, I can tune in but not for long. I find many of the plots to be lame, like the love triangle between brothers or the murderous psychopath who found love amongst the ruins. :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least they blew up Lexi.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not so fast...she blew HERSELF up, for the love of Humanity and her father. It was very touching (snore).

The important thing is that, in the end, she got blown up. :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well this week Mira Sorvino's character died (eaten by bugs). And it was pretty overtly Tom's fault. End result - our resident psycho is now psycho again. Oh, and they got rid of the "neverending skitter factory". Meanwhile Tom is becoming a worldwide leader (why is open to discussion) and they are headed off to a couple of areas where the Volm cannot see what is going on. Oh, and we now know the alien Tom saw in the premiere - it is the race the Isveni wiped out by turning all of them into the skitters.

:jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02:

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Never did this show before, just did all 4 season plus new ones. I like it more than 1rst season but I feel a bit like "24" syndrome with it. You can only go so long with this premise or it gets boring. They need to win at some point and that will end the show. I would say they should call it in season 6 and give way to a prequel or sequel and stop the weekly almost die/almost win, which is getting annoying.

I have coined a new phrase from this show, I call it my "falling skies" hug. You know where you were supposed to be dead again and I get you back again, and I give you a huge hug again and say how happy I am you are alive....again? yeah, that one. You could almost make a drinking game out of it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Wow was this episode maudlin....

Between Anne mourning Lexi and Cochise mourning his father the only thing missing was an ongoing violin soundtrack. Oh, and psycho Pope is back. More like this and I'll start rooting for the Isveni...