Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It was for Episode 7 (mistake in Original Post), which aired last Thursday, July 31, 2014.

Now Im back to having to make a Defiance triple. :( Ill get to it before the weekend is out. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It was for Episode 7 (mistake in Original Post), which aired last Thursday, July 31, 2014.

My bad!
--- merged: Aug 3, 2014 10:15 AM ---
I still own and play games on my trusty PS2 (1st gen). :) My best buddy and I play Def Jam Fight for NY on it, Test Drive Eve of Destruction, Virtua Fighter Evolution, and a few others. But it is strictly a tradition and still fun as hell when we play. But the vast majority of my gaming is my private time.

New thread?
New thread for star citizen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My bad!
--- merged: Aug 3, 2014 at 3:15 AM ---

New thread for star citizen?

How about a new gaming thread and we can talk about all of them. :) Star Citizen?

Last edited by a moderator:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Anyone got any idea how it's rated this well on RT?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/defiance/

Seriously,this can't be right. 100% and 88% for season 2? Bulllshit. Are these people paid to write good things about this show? I have yet to read bad things from a critic about this show. I get the feeling their standards are abysmally low, or they are have been paid to write good things about it, or the fact that these people will give 5 stars to everything that is given to them to review or those critics know the people working for the show or are working for them.

After watching the video below, I still got to wonder how this show even got the green light? It's no different than young and the restless. Even with the strong soapy backstory, the acting/script seems so low budget. I would expect this from a movie with a budget of 200 dollars.You know, those cheap ones on youtube; like who killed captain alex.

This looks more entertaining and has better acting than defiance. :roflmao:

loool...looks like there is something fishy. Extant got a 88
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/extant/

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
By the way, the game isn't dead. According to steam, there are over 5,500 people playing it at this very instant.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
By the way, the game isn't dead. According to steam, there are over 5,500 people playing it at this very instant.

More than when I check on there (about 10pm PST). I only usually see about 175 to 200 people on there. The game recently went "free to play" as well, which might explain this. I paid almos6 $60.00 for this crappy game. Wanna buy it from me? :) :P

heisenberg

Earl Grey
More than when I check on there (about 10pm PST). I only usually see about 175 to 200 people on there. The game recently went "free to play" as well, which might explain this. I paid almos6 $60.00 for this crappy game. Wanna buy it from me? :) :P
Nah! I am good lol. The game is a rip-off even if it's free.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nah! I am good lol. The game is a rip-off even if it's free.

Its lame. You have to play about 6 hours to get anything worth having as far as weapons. Plus, the "bad guys" are not satisfying to kill. Why cant we kill Datak or some of the real characters? I would waste Datak if I could. :(

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Its lame. You have to play about 6 hours to get anything worth having as far as weapons. Plus, the "bad guys" are not satisfying to kill. Why cant we kill Datak or some of the real characters? I would waste Datak if I could. :(

I never pay full price for games anymore. Too risky. I rather wait a massive discount or get it for free from friends through steam

Oh and Blastr(who is owned by syfy) has stopped promoting this entirely after the second season aired.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Anyone got any idea how it's rated this well on RT?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/defiance/

Seriously,this can't be right. 100% and 88% for season 2? Bulllshit. Are these people paid to write good things about this show? I have yet to read bad things from a critic about this show. I get the feeling their standards are abysmally low, or they are have been paid to write good things about it, or the fact that these people will give 5 stars to everything that is given to them to review or those critics know the people working for the show or are working for them.

After watching the video below, I still got to wonder how this show even got the green light? It's no different than young and the restless. Even with the strong soapy backstory, the acting/script seems so low budget. I would expect this from a movie with a budget of 200 dollars.You know, those cheap ones on youtube; like who killed captain alex.

loool...looks like there is something fishy. Extant got a 88
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/extant/

Definitely fishy. The only thing I can think of to make an 88 legit would be that the people who don't like these shows (DEFIANCE, Extant) don't care enough to waste the time to write bad reviews for shows that are obviously going to tank. They simply stop watching.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Jim has his Defiance Triple :), and Tripler's Defiance ball has been reversed :(

Somebody do the verifying next time! You guys just say who won. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Predictions for Defiance Season 2 Episode 7

Heisenberg - 1.28M
Tripler - 1.44
Overmind One - 1.35m

B

Backstep

Heisenberg - 1.28M
Tripler - 1.44
Overmind One - 1.35m