Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Balls are overrated. :P

heisenberg

Earl Grey
They are trying to pump new blood into a dead franchise.

Defiance 'Silicon Valley' expansion will launch free on August 5

The newly free-to-play MMO Defiance will get a new expansion on August 5, and in keeping with the whole free theme, you won't have to pay for it. Entitled 'Silicon Valley', it will be the first to introduce whole new areas to the shooter. It also introduces a new 'Encryption' mechanic, which is a new modifier for weapons and shields.

According to the studio, Encryption is "a status which buffs damage or capacity while preventing rarity upgrades via the Salvage Matrix." Storywise, the expansion will run parallel with the second season of the TV series Defiance.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/31/defiance-silicon-valley-expansion-will-launch-free-on-august-5/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They are trying to pump new blood into a dead franchise.

Defiance 'Silicon Valley' expansion will launch free on August 5

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/31/defiance-silicon-valley-expansion-will-launch-free-on-august-5/

Blecch....who cares? :( The game is so dead...I payed full price for it when it came out and now it is free to play. Plus, about 6 months after the game came out gamers realized that this game was a lot like Rift or Borderlands. Basically the SAME as Rift, only with Nolan and Irisa and scenery changes. Its lame. Adding Silicon Valley is probably something that was started in anticipation of a "runaway hit" for Defiance which never materialized. :) Thanks for this bit of news! I may check it out.

NOTE: I have not forgotten that you get two more balls. :) I have to make a quad ball, because the system will not allow me to give you the double twice. You will have the first!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sorry guys but I keep forgetting this show is even on and that we're making ratings predictions. They really should just cancel this turd already. I mean, who is actually watching it still? :daniel_new004:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sorry guys but I keep forgetting this show is even on and that we're making ratings predictions. They really should just cancel this turd already. I mean, who is actually watching it still? :daniel_new004:

I stopped watching after episode 2 of this season. At least it got more than Dominion got. I stopped watching that after the premiere. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I stopped watching after episode 2 of this season. At least it got more than Dominion got. I stopped watching that after the premiere. :)

You know the sequel to sharknado got more views? LMAO!
'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Draws Record Setting 3.9 Million Total Viewers
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ord-setting-3-9-million-total-viewers/289112/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Predictions for Defiance Season 2 Episode 6
Heisenberg - 1.65M
Jim of WVa - 1.5 million
Tripler - 1.43M

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Why is that friggin game so huge ?. Why does it need 32 gigs or more of space on my puter ? Actually I can't seem to remember how huge it was but it was lots . I haven't touched the game since last year and probly never will again .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why is that friggin game so huge ?. Why does it need 32 gigs or more of space on my puter ? Actually I can't seem to remember how huge it was but it was lots . I haven't touched the game since last year and probly never will again .

I liked both Rift and Borderlands, so I dabbled in Defiance a bit more than I would normally. But because it was "directed", it was ruined for me. You can move around in the game but getting powerful weapons and other stuff was a chore.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Borderlands was more fun. Tiny Tina was a pretty funny NPC too.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Borderlands was more fun. Tiny Tina was a pretty funny NPC too.

Yep, Borderlands WAS more fun than Rift. :) The game feels mostly like Rift, but the way it is played is similar to Borderlands. But in the Defiance game, it all just feels enough familiar to get boring quickly. Now, you can play the game I paid money for when it came out. Give it a go...it is good for the first few hours or so. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yep, Borderlands WAS more fun than Rift. :) The game feels mostly like Rift, but the way it is played is similar to Borderlands. But in the Defiance game, it all just feels enough familiar to get boring quickly. Now, you can play the game I paid money for when it came out. Give it a go...it is good for the first few hours or so. :)
Borderlands is fun with friends, but I found the SP story to be boring.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Haha! Thanks! I got to see how silly this movie is though.

Well, the problem was that I was afraid to try and make the new award with Pinta in Linux because it wasnt Fireworks (my favorite graphics editor). But low and behold, I made it in about 10 minutes. :) This forum will not allow you to award the same item twice, cause I would have given you two doubles. What am I gonna do if you get FIVE? :jackanime14:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Most MMOs are huge, but I have yet to get into these mmos. I much rather play co-op or SP

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Most MMOs are huge, but I have yet to get into these mmos. I much rather play co-op or SP

The last three times I fired up this game, there were less than 200 people in there. This is a NSMMO (not so massively online) game. :) Those numbers = dead.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Well, the problem was that I was afraid to try and make the new award with Pinta in Linux because it wasnt Fireworks (my favorite graphics editor). But low and behold, I made it in about 10 minutes. :) This forum will not allow you to award the same item twice, cause I would have given you two doubles. What am I gonna do if you get FIVE? :jackanime14:
I can continue to post funny shit. Like this picture for example.

https://www.facebook.com/Defiance/p...13461.211869792160404/913291928684850/?type=1

One of the reply which has photoshopped the image, is priceless. Ben's reply. I had to google what it was...and then well I got my answer lol