Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The last three times I fired up this game, there were less than 200 people in there. This is a NSMMO (not so massively online) game. :) Those numbers = dead.
Wow is the only game that has managed to keep its game subscription based. I think most of it is down to pop culture and it being the one that ventured into the subscription model. I played warcraft 3 which was fun, but the massive disincentive for wow was the 15 bucks a month on top of a 60-80 dollar game which is completely unreasonable for me. That to me just seems like they were trying to gouge as much money from the warcraft franchise as possible. I saw it as highway robbery.

The new Diablo game was a similar story. They took money from the Online auction housing they had, and I believe those are now shutdown? Not to mention, they gave PC gamers the shittiest port imaginable. It was broken from the start because they liked to have always on drm. The console version doesn't have that.

Today, people want to play Dota 2 style games called MOBAs, which don't interest me at all. They are free to play, but are popular for whatever reason that maybe. I tried dota 2 and quit 30 minutes after. It's not the game for me. I'll stick to my story driven games(RPG/acton/sci-fi/fantasy/puzzle).

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Borderlands is fun with friends, but I found the SP story to be boring.

I quickly grew tired of Borderlands. It was just so boringly repetitive. I have zero interest in getting the others in the series.

Conversely I was a freak about Fallout 3 and rushed out to get Fallout New Vegas. If you haven't played Fallout 3 you must! It takes a little while to get into the game but then suddenly it gets rolling. I loved it!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I quickly grew tired of Borderlands. It was just so boringly repetitive. I have zero interest in getting the others in the series.

Conversely I was a freak about Fallout 3 and rushed out to get Fallout New Vegas. If you haven't played Fallout 3 you must! It takes a little while to get into the game but then suddenly it gets rolling. I loved it!
OMG.....I love this game! I never tried it before, even though I downloaded it a while back. WOW! The beginning you need to watch to get the "backdrop" for the game. :) THANK YOU Ape!

heisenberg

Earl Grey

I played FO3, but bethesda/zenimax games are always buggy and the constant crashes put me off from visiting the game ever again. I was looking forward to playing it, but skyrim/oblivion/fo all were mediocre on PC. If you see how skyrim looks now on PC compared to how it looks stock i.e. without the mods, you'll realize that the game isn't worth the price tag. The fact that modders have to fix their own buggy games is pretty damn ridiculous.

Skyrim without the mods looks so damn ugly. I know graphics aren't everything, but this is an open world game. It needs to look good.

This is how skyrim looks on PC now...All done by bedroom nerds for FREE! takes some effort to get it looking this good, but this is why PC is superior to consoles. You can't fix the horseshit performance/graphical issues on consoles since it's all locked down.

This is stock(how it looked when it was shipped)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I played FO3, but bethesda/zenimax games are always buggy and the constant crashes put me off from visiting the game ever again. I was looking forward to playing it, but skyrim/oblivion/fo all were mediocre on PC. If you see how skyrim looks now on PC compared to how it looks stock i.e. without the mods, you'll realize that the game isn't worth the price tag. The fact that modders have to fix their own buggy games is pretty damn ridiculous.

Skyrim without the mods looks so damn ugly. I know graphics aren't everything, but this is an open world game. It needs to look good.

This is how skyrim looks on PC now...All done by bedroom nerds for FREE! takes some effort to get it looking this good, but this is why PC is superior to consoles. You can't fix the horseshit performance/graphical issues on consoles since it's all locked down.

There has never been ANY console that could beat the PC as a gaming platform. Modding the games is impossible with a console unless you get some sort of modded disc. And console manufacturers can brick your backward compatibility by just changing the format a bit or putting a bit on the disc to make it not play. But using a moderately powerful PC, you can install console emulators and play the console games PLUS you can play PC games which can be modded to your heart's content. The community provides tools, files, you know the deal. :)

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
There has never been ANY console that could beat the PC as a gaming platform. Modding the games is impossible with a console unless you get some sort of modded disc. And console manufacturers can brick your backward compatibility by just changing the format a bit or putting a bit on the disc to make it not play. But using a moderately powerful PC, you can install console emulators and play the console games PLUS you can play PC games which can be modded to your heart's content. The community provides tools, files, you know the deal. :)
Yup I know. I could see why consoles are popular. I used to own a ps1 and played a crap load on the ps2 too. Both had great titles, but these I really do admire what the community does. My only problem is developers/publishers intentionally releasing a botched pc port. Ubisoft/EA are most guilty of this and they are getting away with it!

By the way, have you heard of a game called star citizen? Detracting here, but it looks way better than Defiance.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Oh and Tripler won this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG.....I love this game! I never tried it before, even though I downloaded it a while back. WOW! The beginning you need to watch to get the "backdrop" for the game. :) THANK YOU Ape!

The beginning chapter where you create your character is kind of lame but once you get out of the vault and into the wasteland it's amazing!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I didn't find FO3 too buggy but FONV did have plenty of them. I agree on the PC thing though for sure.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The beginning chapter where you create your character is kind of lame but once you get out of the vault and into the wasteland it's amazing!

I had the absolute WORSTEST birthday party, you know...and when I got my BB gun I wanted to go back and shoot the kid who wanted to take the sweet roll I got from the old lady. :) This game is fun because of the backdrop of the story and the vault and such. I always heard the name of Fallout in the game world, but Fallout 3 is the only one I have actually tried. Fun! The new ones are probably good too?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I had the absolute WORSTEST birthday party, you know...and when I got my BB gun I wanted to go back and shoot the kid who wanted to take the sweet roll I got from the old lady. :) This game is fun because of the backdrop of the story and the vault and such. I always heard the name of Fallout in the game world, but Fallout 3 is the only one I have actually tried. Fun! The new ones are probably good too?

I missed Fallout and Fallout 2, but I heard they were good in their time. Picked up Fallout 3 on a whim a couple years ago and was so disappointed when I first started playing it; I thought it was a lame RPG. But, once I got out of the vault and found my way around I really got into it. It's a HUGE "sandbox" environment with a ton of different quests and things to discover. Plus the karma system was kind of fun as I played both as good and bad.

Don't want to give any spoilers so I'll just say to get familiar with your Pip Boy and that will tell you most everything you need to know. Oh, and you don't have to do straight linear play, you can deviate from the story and go off and do side quests.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yup I know. I could see why consoles are popular. I used to own a ps1 and played a crap load on the ps2 too. Both had great titles, but these I really do admire what the community does. My only problem is developers/publishers intentionally releasing a botched pc port. Ubisoft/EA are most guilty of this and they are getting away with it!

By the way, have you heard of a game called star citizen? Detracting here, but it looks way better than Defiance.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Oh and Tripler won this week.

I still own and play games on my trusty PS2 (1st gen). :) My best buddy and I play Def Jam Fight for NY on it, Test Drive Eve of Destruction, Virtua Fighter Evolution, and a few others. But it is strictly a tradition and still fun as hell when we play. But the vast majority of my gaming is my private time.

New thread?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I missed Fallout and Fallout 2, but I heard they were good in their time. Picked up Fallout 3 on a whim a couple years ago and was so disappointed when I first started playing it; I thought it was a lame RPG. But, once I got out of the vault and found my way around I really got into it. It's a HUGE "sandbox" environment with a ton of different quests and things to discover. Plus the karma system was kind of fun as I played both as good and bad.

Don't want to give any spoilers so I'll just say to get familiar with your Pip Boy and that will tell you most everything you need to know. Oh, and you don't have to do straight linear play, you can deviate from the story and go off and do side quests.

Then, as wrong as it might sound...The Walking Dead game might just be to your liking. :) It actually plays a lot like Fallout 3, and you can either be cool or an asshole in it and the game will adjust to that (like karma). The game is better than the series. The Defiance game is a lot like the series, pointless and random. :drunk:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Then, as wrong as it might sound...The Walking Dead game might just be to your liking. :) It actually plays a lot like Fallout 3, and you can either be cool or an asshole in it and the game will adjust to that (like karma). The game is better than the series. The Defiance game is a lot like the series, pointless and random. :drunk:

I seem to recall TWD game has a child in it that you have to protect. Quite honestly the game would be over in the first chapter for me. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Predictions for Defiance Season 2 Episode 6
Heisenberg - 1.65M
Jim of WVa - 1.5 million
Tripler - 1.43M

1.5 - 1.477 = 0.023 Jim

1.477 - 1.43 = 0.047 Tripler

It appears that I have won.

Looks like it...so it was not Tripler? Is this for the last episode?