You know you are mature...

Tropicana

Council Member
When you begin to pay more attention to State pension reform proposals on the news. :icon_eek:

Not that I didn't pay attention before, but it never really phased me since I'm only in my early 20s. Plus, I do have another 40 years to go until I can receive State pension... OMG, I'm heading to a quarter-life crisis.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
you know you are mature when the kid's you used to babysit have kids graduating from high school! :eek:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You know you are mature when...

You know you are mature when....

• You suddenly realize that it IS what's inside a person that counts more than the outside.
  • You start color coordinating clothes to include your gray hair.
  • You start referring to 20-year olds as "kids"
  • Those same 20-somethings call you "Sir"
There's more, Ill add as they come to me! :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
when your kid is older than 25! :eek:

G

Graybrew1

You use the following phases (and mean it) "Back in my day" "These kids today" and " Someday I hope you have a child that treats you the way , you treat me. "

Awesome Thread.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You need one of these:

ccc02.jpg

Before going to bed with your "significant other" :eek:
Now get youor mind out of the gutter............

So mine can float past :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
of course my hair is the same color it always was- L'Oreal is great!

you know you are mature.....when most of your friends are grandparents---*gets on knees and thanks the monkey gods that snookie is still single with no kids*!

S

Stonelesscutter

You use the following phases (and mean it) "Back in my day" "These kids today" and " Someday I hope you have a child that treats you the way , you treat me. "

Awesome Thread.

Ooooooooh.
I feel so mature now. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Awesome Thread.

I use those and mean it! :) I also use "I remember when" and "I cant believe how much [insert reference] has changed since I was growing up", and "Its nothing like it used to be".

you know you are mature.....when most of your friends are grandparents---*gets on knees and thanks the monkey gods that snookie is still single with no kids*!

Mine too! I use Just For Men, but I do leave gray at the temples. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
when you avoid the use of the word "mature" at all costs! ;)

--as a "kid" you want to be considered "mature" but then you grow up and realize that just means you have lived long enough to know that being mature means being "old". :P:P

@OM1- men look distinguished with a bit of gray---women just look OLD! :P my hubby has a single silver hair here and there....until he is gray I will cover mine! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
when you avoid the use of the word "mature" at all costs! ;)

--as a "kid" you want to be considered "mature" but then you grow up and realize that just means you have lived long enough to know that being mature means being "old". :P:P

@OM1- men look distinguished with a bit of gray---women just look OLD! :P my hubby has a single silver hair here and there....until he is gray I will cover mine! :P

Well, men with a whole head of mostly gray look more EXTINGUISHED than distinguished! Old women win with personality, and wise men value that over looks when he is mature, trust me. :)

Lilith

GateFans Noob
you know you are old when AARP sends you birthday cards. One of my friends said that I now can get into any national park for $1. Just not a national kindva park girl so I think I'll save my dollar. Their is also a breakfest special for senior-low cholesteral.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You know you're "mature" when you can legally date someone half your age.

You know you're even more "mature" when you realize you went to high school with that person's father. :icon_eek:

Tropicana

Council Member
There's a saying for that over here in a friendly banter sorta way, for someone who dates someone younger or half their age (legally speaking 18+). A cradle snatcher.

G

Graybrew1

There's a saying for that over here in a friendly banter sorta way, for someone who dates someone younger or half their age (legally speaking 18+). A cradle snatcher.

Across the pond, we call it "Robbing the Cradle"

Tropicana

Council Member
Bless the English language, lol.

I'm in my early 20s but already I use, "Kids these days..." My ex use to say to me - "You're like a 40 year old guy in a 20 year old body".

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Bless the English language, lol.

I'm in my early 20s but already I use, "Kids these days..." My ex use to say to me - "You're like a 40 year old guy in a 20 year old body".

Well, at least thats better than being a 20 year old in a 40 year old looking body. :)

G

Graybrew1

When you have to wear a knee brace at night, not from injury just because my joint is aching. Especially , when it rains. As in ....my arthritis is acting up again. Uggh. :facepalm: :P

Tropicana

Council Member
Well, at least thats better than being a 20 year old in a 40 year old looking body. :)
Some 40 yo men are hot, I can only hope I look just as good as them when I reach 4-0 (assuming I didn't get electrocuted from a faulty toaster in my 30s).

Salt n Pepper hair, a few fine lines, gorgeous overall complexion, defined and that bit more wiser and sophisticated, charming... mmm... *daydreams*

I dated a couple of 40 yo guys before, sadly they are far from mature and ever so stupid, it got boring fast. You just knew it won't last when their idea of a good time was spending it in a twinkie nightclub, and not in a nice quiet restaurant.