You know you are mature...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I tend to live very close to the idea of "I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!", and I find that I like people who also have that same kind of playfulness to their personality.

That doesn't mean that I tolerate idiots, however.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How dare you accuse me of being mature!

I challenge you to a paper football duel at seven paces!

When you met me for the first time in person, did I seem like I was over fifty? :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hell, no!

I hope I don't look like I'm 47.

Actually, OM1, your smile could light up a room.

Awwww....*hug* :) You dont look like you are 40-ANYTHING. You look like you are in your 30s!

Lilith

GateFans Noob
When you met me for the first time in person, did I seem like I was over fifty? :)

Okay, we are running a tight race here. State the number of days since your last birthday because this just might be the only thing I win here is being the oldest. 1960 was a good year. I'm at 363 days since my last birthday.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, we are running a tight race here. State the number of days since your last birthday because this just might be the only thing I win here is being the oldest. 1960 was a good year. I'm at 363 days since my last birthday.

Im a February Pisces...less than 90 days. :)

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Im a February Pisces...less than 90 days. :)

Okay you win by a hair.. grey hair that is. I'm second and no longer have a desire to more forward from the age of 50. I'm going to be 50 for a long time. If I had known at some point that I was at the best I was ever going to look, I'm sure I would have done more with it. I gotta stop doing visual aerobics, it looks good and I watch it with comments of course but I don't do them. I just cram real hard two weeks before my stress test because I'm an over achiever and I wanna pass with high marks then I take the next two years off.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay you win by a hair.. grey hair that is. I'm second and no longer have a desire to more forward from the age of 50. I'm going to be 50 for a long time. If I had known at some point that I was at the best I was ever going to look, I'm sure I would have done more with it. I gotta stop doing visual aerobics, it looks good and I watch it with comments of course but I don't do them. I just cram real hard two weeks before my stress test because I'm an over achiever and I wanna pass with high marks then I take the next two years off.

Do like I do....have your 41st birthday EVERY year until you cant pull it off anymore!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Like Pres. Ronald Reagan i celebrate the anniversary of my 29th birthday each year. this year will be my 20th anniversary! :D

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Do like I do....have your 41st birthday EVERY year until you cant pull it off anymore!

Yeah, when they age my age I'm going to say vintage. That will work. Going to celebrate with fine dining and drinks, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Boy I sure can milk a birthday. Then again at the end of the month with other friends to celebrate all the May birthdays. Not to bad.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I just try not to think a lot about the whole age thing (though when I am looking in the scrapbook and see myself posing in front of the Titanic it's kind of difficult)....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Stay that way.

I just try not to think a lot about the whole age thing (though when I am looking in the scrapbook and see myself posing in front of the Titanic it's kind of difficult)....

KEEP DOING THAT. It keeps you young and greatly reduces stress. It allows you to be HAPPY! Many adults lose touch with the kid inside. But without even realizing it, you reach that kid when you spend time with...kids! I mean spend REAL time with them like getting into their adventures (or getting them to tell you what adventure they are currenly involved in :)). But the key is remembering that you are NOT a kid, and applying all the lessons you have learned in life whilst becoming an adult. Just my personal philosophy. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
KEEP DOING THAT. It keeps you young and greatly reduces stress. It allows you to be HAPPY! Many adults lose touch with the kid inside. But without even realizing it, you reach that kid when you spend time with...kids! I mean spend REAL time with them like getting into their adventures (or getting them to tell you what adventure they are currenly involved in :)). But the key is remembering that you are NOT a kid, and applying all the lessons you have learned in life whilst becoming an adult. Just my personal philosophy. :)

I wholeheartedly concur with OM1
The day the child dies is the day you really start getting older. I swear it is a major contributing factor in the lifespan difference between men and women.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wholeheartedly concur with OM1
The day the child dies is the day you really start getting older. I swear it is a major contributing factor in the lifespan difference between men and women.

Its measurable. :) There is a huge connection between stress and aging. Mental stress and physical stress. There is good stress and bad stress, but the kid inside needs to be able to play and release that stress. Laughing is important too. :)