The Quote Thread

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
"…or the Chevy Tahoe which is ugly, big, slow, and completely flummoxed by snow, mud, gravel, soil, grass clippings, drizzle, or even a light breeze. It's rubbish."
-Jeremy Clarkson

God I love his snark. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"…or the Chevy Tahoe which is ugly, big, slow, and completely flummoxed by snow, mud, gravel, soil, grass clippings, drizzle, or even a light breeze. It's rubbish."
-Jeremy Clarkson

God I love his snark. :D

"Still, it beats a FORD any day of the week."

-shavedape :D

S

Stonelesscutter

"When you drive a Lamborghini... It's like you're operating a horse with some mustard stuck up it's bottom." - Jeremy Clarkson

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
"A conservative is someone with two perfectly good legs, who has never learned to walk forward."
-Franklin Delano Roosevelt

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Loosely...

"Those of us that have no futures get fucked by those that do..." - Man From Nowhere

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
boy that takes me back....;) those were very purty cars! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
A real classic but the high point of Pontiac came to a steep end a short time after that when they started putting out plastic cars.

I love my car. :smiley_squee: I will drive it until it falls apart, and that might not happen in my lifetime! This baby gets pampered, and everything is original except the brand new transmission I put in it. Its a 1991, making it a genuine classic. :)

20120404_112425.jpg

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I love my car. :smiley_squee: I will drive it until it falls apart, and that might not happen in my lifetime! This baby gets pampered, and everything is original except the brand new transmission I put in it. Its a 1991, making it a genuine classic. :)

View attachment 7096

I can't complain about Mercs. I'd be squeeing, too, with that particiular car. They were smooth, luxurious and comfortable. IMO, they started to go downhill with the recent models. My buddy just leased a 2012 320C and it really doesn't feel like a Merc.

I miss my BMW 535xi. :( Maybe I'll get my hands on another one next year.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can't complain about Mercs. I'd be squeeing, too, with that particiular car. They were smooth, luxurious and comfortable. IMO, they started to go downhill with the recent models. My buddy just leased a 2012 320C and it really doesn't feel like a Merc.

I miss my BMW 535xi. :( Maybe I'll get my hands on another one next year.

LOVE that car too. Great engine in it. Hopefully you replaced it with something as satisfying!

bmw_5-Series_535xi-08-04.jpg

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
LOVE that car too. Great engine in it. Hopefully you replaced it with something as satisfying!

View attachment 7097

My financial picture changed a few years back (long story) so I was forced to downgrade. Mine had the M5 sport package which gave me everything the M5 had except the 507 hp engine. I drive a 2011 Acura TL-SH AWD now but I'm planning to upgrade again to another BMW 5 next year. I love the new design of the 5 series and the i-Drive on-board computer was a joy to use.