So how was your day?

lady_maneth

Transmural feline
I've been following Hurricane Sandy most of the day today, during a quiet day at work. Stay safe if you're in its path!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
cold, hot, scratchy throat, tired, coughing...methinks winter is here! It's a nice day to stay inside- cold and windy- remnants of Sandy! gotta get some herbal tea.....

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
cold, hot, scratchy throat, tired, coughing...methinks winter is here! It's a nice day to stay inside- cold and windy- remnants of Sandy! gotta get some herbal tea.....

Vitamin D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
drano....

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
been loading up- the problem is I get to be with a bunch of 3 & 4 year olds every sunday and they are very huggy & cuddly! It seems one always has a runny nose! so I have been catching more colds this year- like a kindergartener does! but I love my "kids" so won't stop teaching them!

gee thanks joelist- what did I ever do to you? :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
been loading up- the problem is I get to be with a bunch of 3 & 4 year olds every sunday and they are very huggy & cuddly! It seems one always has a runny nose! so I have been catching more colds this year- like a kindergartener does! but I love my "kids" so won't stop teaching them!

gee thanks joelist- what did I ever do to you? :(

I'm telling ya, high dose vitamin D works wonders for preventing the cold. Seriously. Google it!:thoranime12::beguiled::crazy homer face:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
you keep saying that- i do take a lot of vitamin D in general but this time it caught me! probably has a lot to do with lack of sleep recently!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
you keep saying that- i do take a lot of vitamin D in general but this time it caught me! probably has a lot to do with lack of sleep recently!

You don't take enough, don't even try to play me! :tealcanime23:

I'm talking like over 2000 iu a day, more in times like these, up to 4000 iu. It will work!

As for sleep, well, no one said being a sniper for the CIA was going to be a picnic, m'kay. :congratulatory:

G

Graybrew1

Ireland is cold and damp but the people here are great. I stayed in room today and lost internet for a while but I have it back now. The TV options here are not the best but now I can stream again. Yippie.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
You don't take enough, don't even try to play me! :tealcanime23:

I'm talking like over 2000 iu a day, more in times like these, up to 4000 iu. It will work!

As for sleep, well, no one said being a sniper for the CIA was going to be a picnic, m'kay. :congratulatory:

you are in such troiuble......:sinner:....you outed me! :wink-new:

G

Graybrew1

Do you know if your return to the US will be affected by Sandy? I noticed your location says East Coast...
I don't leave till Sunday, my area got hit on Mon-Tues. I am pretty sure I should be fine by then. Thanks for the well wishes. :cool:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
okay feeling like crap STILL! (yes I have been pushing Vit. D :P ) I have one meeting today Iin about an hour) but then taking the rest of the week off. Wish i could do more than sleep. Need to be in good health for the election next tuesday- it will be a LONG day at the polls! But I admit I enjoy running the polling place in the precinct- makes me feel good about our democracy. I had my choice of which polls I wanted to run- I am known as no-nonsense and very efficient. :) I may just "sit" hre over the next few days- all I can seem to do is stare! -- ok enough whining- I'm starting to sound like a dem- might have to slap myself for the annoyance! ;) have a great few days all! :glee:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
okay feeling like crap STILL! (yes I have been pushing Vit. D :P ) I have one meeting today Iin about an hour) but then taking the rest of the week off. Wish i could do more than sleep. Need to be in good health for the election next tuesday- it will be a LONG day at the polls! But I admit I enjoy running the polling place in the precinct- makes me feel good about our democracy. I had my choice of which polls I wanted to run- I am known as no-nonsense and very efficient. :) I may just "sit" hre over the next few days- all I can seem to do is stare! -- ok enough whining- I'm starting to sound like a dem- might have to slap myself for the annoyance! ;) have a great few days all! :glee:

Remember: Vote early and vote often! :wink-new:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
already voted (because I'm working tuesday at the polls) and Indiana's ID law precludes the "often" part- so the lake county area (gary- abuts chicago) will have to rely on the dead vote only! Zombie rights and all that! :distracted:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
already voted (because I'm working tuesday at the polls) and Indiana's ID law precludes the "often" part- so the lake county area (gary- abuts chicago) will have to rely on the dead vote only! Zombie rights and all that! :distracted:

Oh, ye of little imagination! I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a girl who has an uncle who knows a guy who knows a guy ... anyway, the end of that line concludes with a type of "ID". :D