Road trip!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
It's in the upper range. A 2bd/2ba at the Trump Ocean Club right on the point facing the ocean is only $1100 more. The price to buy is even more ridiculous. Trump condos start at the $300k range. In Miami, the same type of Trump condo is closer to a $1m.

If one were to live here, decent apartments can be found in the $500 to $700 range in the city. The fully furnished stuff tends to be more aimed at tourists.

I just came back from the supermarket and brought back about a dozen bags full of groceries for about $130. Among my groceries is a 3 lb filet mignon for $30. This place really is affordable.

Oh, check this. I got myself a Digicel 4G network prepaid chip with a month of unlimited data at full speed for $15. Dude, you can't even get 4G limited at 1GB of data in the US with a fat minute bundle for anything close to that. Everyone carries a phone here and there are 5 mobile stores on every corner. Suddenly, North America feels like a 3rd world country when it comes to telecom.

I didn't bother getting a minute package. I got my 4G data and Google Voice # hooked through my Groove IP app for voice calls over IP and I'm all set.
dude it is.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Tomorrow morning we're headed to the Playa Blanca all inclusive resort to spend a few days ocean-front.

http://www.panamaplayablanca.com/amenities/hotel/

It's actually a large scale hotel, residence and resort project with a town center, the 2nd largest pool in the world and pristine beaches.

Playa-Blanca-Hotel-and-Resort-Panama1.jpg

playa_blanca2_pt.jpg

playa-blanca-Laguna%20PB%202.jpg
la-segunda-piscina-mas-grande-estara-en-playa_566a90e_3.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why are you dithering here when there is so much to do there?

Im not Romney rich like Bluce! Sure, I could afford the places but not the time! Not working for myself anymore. :(

Bluce Ree

Did I mention we're being chauffeured? :D

Awesome drive to Playa Blanca. This country is absolutely gorgeous.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did I mention we're being chauffeured? :D

Awesome drive to Playa Blanca. This country is absolutely gorgeous.

I assumed as much. :anim_59: Kinda hard to shag and drive at the same time, huh?

playa-blanca-Laguna PB 2.jpg

*sigh*....someday soon. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
man, are you certain you are not on the run from the authorities? :icon_razz: You seem to be staying quite a while in this backwater...:)

Backwater? :anim_59: Very clear, blue, peaceful backwater for sure. Not too long ago, I was working for myself. When you close a big deal, sometimes you can coast on it for months, since all the bills are paid and there is no need to solicit more business. Makes more sense to me than not, but I understand it. :)

Bluce Ree

Backwater? :anim_59: Very clear, blue, peaceful backwater for sure. Not too long ago, I was working for myself. When you close a big deal, sometimes you can coast on it for months, since all the bills are paid and there is no need to solicit more business. Makes more sense to me than not, but I understand it. :)

Bro, as a single dude, you would be like a kid in a candy store at this place.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The kid in the candy store checks the use-by date.
The candy just wants to get bought.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The kid in the candy store checks the use-by date.
The candy just wants to get bought.

No one told me we had to reply to posts in this thread using haiku. :biggrin:

Bluce Ree

My only disappointment so far is the ocean. It's not the same clear turquoise I'm used to seeing in the Caribbean. Typical pacific coast water.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
My only disappointment so far is the ocean. It's not the same clear turquoise I'm used to seeing in the Caribbean. Typical pacific coast water.

My God! :icon_e_surprised:

Why didn't you tell us things were so bad down there? Don't worry though, we'll pass the hat here at GateFans and get enough money to have you and your wife extracted from that hell hole. Stay strong, bro! :D

Bluce Ree

My God! :icon_e_surprised:

Why didn't you tell us things were so bad down there? Don't worry though, we'll pass the hat here at GateFans and get enough money to have you and your wife extracted from that hell hole. Stay strong, bro! :D

Thanks! I knew I could count on my friends. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I got your texts, I was just too busy at the time to respond. But the images you conjured up in my mind kept me going for the night!

Bluce Ree

People are already having mixed drinks and beer by the pool at this hour. The swim up bar opened at 10 am. It's only 10:40 am. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
People are already having mixed drinks and beer by the pool at this hour. The swim up bar opened at 10 am. It's only 10:40 am. :icon_lol:

I wonder if anyone has ever drowned from getting drunk at a swim up bar? :icon_lol:

Bluce Ree

My wife loved it so much we're considering the possibility of going back for the month of June. :D