Road trip!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"Peter Pan" should ALWAYS be a part of us, without him, who will challenge Hook?

Almost 37, and I am PROUD to still be a kid.

Peter Pan is a middle-aged woman. :winking0052:

220px-PeterPan1.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I prefer neither. :anim_59:

What DID you learn in those 8 years????

Tell me, have you considered that the reason you enjoy red wine so much is due to some deep seated desire to smell the brothers of your youth??

:lol: :lol:

Bluce Ree

Enjoying some good Panamanian beer in the city. It's about 90 degrees here right now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bluce Ree

Why didn't my photo upload? Grrrrrr shitty tapatalk!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
For no particular reason I'll just leave this right here:

Overcrowding Continues in Panamanian Prisons

Saturday, May 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
Views: 1,910
topic_crime.gif
20100529140942930_1.jpg
Yesterday the head of the Directorate of Judicial Investigation (DIJ), Javier Carrillo, said on the television program Trocha Abierta that in Panama there is a prison population of 11,400 inmates, that there are not enough prison cells to house them all, which greatly exacerbates the whole issue of the national prison system. Just yesterday, said Carrillo, another 111 people were arrested for various criminal acts, and that these people had to be put in an area designed for only 60 people, that in some way the human rights of these people are being violated because they are being held in inhumane conditions, and that there is a lack of infrastructure compared to the realities of crime in this country. "It's getting one job done, but this is a social problem. We have to work with our youth so that this situation does not get out of hand, not as policemen, but rather as a society, which is more important," he said. (La Estrella)
Editor's Comment: The administration of Ricardo Martinelli has plans to build new prison facilities, but these things don't just come on line overnight. Prison overcrowding in Panama is not a new issue - conditions in jails and prisons have been subhuman for many years. The administration of Martin Torrijos did absolutely nothing to fix the problem in five years, except talk about the issue. And consider this - most of the people who commit crimes in Panama don't get caught. And, most of the people who do get caught don't get punished. The "justice" system is broken in so many ways that it's ridiculous. Prisons should not be "nice" places, but at the very least there should be minimum standards of living conditions for the inmates, which in many cases are not being met in Panama.

Bluce Ree

For no particular reason I'll just leave this right here:

Overcrowding Continues in Panamanian Prisons

Saturday, May 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
Views: 1,910
topic_crime.gif

20100529140942930_1.jpg

Yesterday the head of the Directorate of Judicial Investigation (DIJ), Javier Carrillo, said on the television program Trocha Abierta that in Panama there is a prison population of 11,400 inmates, that there are not enough prison cells to house them all, which greatly exacerbates the whole issue of the national prison system. Just yesterday, said Carrillo, another 111 people were arrested for various criminal acts, and that these people had to be put in an area designed for only 60 people, that in some way the human rights of these people are being violated because they are being held in inhumane conditions, and that there is a lack of infrastructure compared to the realities of crime in this country. "It's getting one job done, but this is a social problem. We have to work with our youth so that this situation does not get out of hand, not as policemen, but rather as a society, which is more important," he said. (La Estrella)
Editor's Comment: The administration of Ricardo Martinelli has plans to build new prison facilities, but these things don't just come on line overnight. Prison overcrowding in Panama is not a new issue - conditions in jails and prisons have been subhuman for many years. The administration of Martin Torrijos did absolutely nothing to fix the problem in five years, except talk about the issue. And consider this - most of the people who commit crimes in Panama don't get caught. And, most of the people who do get caught don't get punished. The "justice" system is broken in so many ways that it's ridiculous. Prisons should not be "nice" places, but at the very least there should be minimum standards of living conditions for the inmates, which in many cases are not being met in Panama.

Bah, it's nothing a little bullying and a good shiv couldn't fix.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:ronnon_whistling:

trash-1-medium.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Bluce has gone quiet. Hmm, I guess Panama doesn't have wifi in their prison system (or maybe just not in "The Hole").

Bluce Ree

Bluce has gone quiet. Hmm, I guess Panama doesn't have wifi in their prison system (or maybe just not in "The Hole").

Prison, Day 3 -

The warden has been kind enough to allow me some Internet time today, although this Internet "terminal", as they refer to it, in the prison library feels more like an old cash register.

images

I have yet to figure out what the hell they put in my prison gruel ration. It tastes like foot although I'm sure that's just my imagination playing tricks on my mind due to seeing so many inmates with a missing left foot.

Ape warned me about the prison system here. It's too damned crowded. I'm unsure if he actually spent time here or was part of the international prison penpal exchange program. Either way, I should have listened to him.