Predictions for 2012

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
OOOH I like this!!!

My predictions for 2012:
1. The winter will be COLD with snow in the northern regions of the USA.;)
2. The summer will be HOT with a drought in Texas. (sad but true) :(
3. There will be hurricaines, tornadoes, earthquakes, and flooding somewhere at sometime!
smiley_emoticons_irony2.gif

4. There WILL be a USA election in November with a winner (the winner will be Romney ;) )
5. North Korea will threaten and whine until the West sends them food (for their troops :P ). :rolleyes:
6. The world WILL still be turning after the 21st of December.
smiley_panic.gif

7. The president of Iran (I can't spell the terrorist's name) will threaten Israel and Obama will say/do nothing per usual!
10409.gif

8. There will be a huge scandal with the Obama adminstration (fast and furious anyone?) resulting in a couple of resignations of insignificant underlings. :facepalm:
9. The Supreme Court will covene the first monday of October.
thbell_winner1.gif

10. Aliens will NOT invade because we are not environmentally responsible!
abducted.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Predicting "status quo" is always a safe bet. :icon_lol:
Yeah, but 2012 gives us a new President (or the current one for another 4 years), we have an unstable EU, possibly a nuclear capable Iran, and an ambitious China investing in Africa and the EU. I think that thinking that none of that will change anything is sorta funny.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Yeah, but 2012 gives us a new President (or the current one for another 4 years), we have an unstable EU, possibly a nuclear capable Iran, and an ambitious China investing in Africa and the EU. I think that thinking that none of that will change anything is sorta funny.

Precisely. Besides, I think that if we have learned anything from this year, it's that some things just can't be predicted. I mean honestly, who would've predicted something like massive revolts in several north african and arabic countries back in 2010? If 2012 continues to be as surprising as 2011 has been, I think we're in for a hell of a ride.

S

Stonelesscutter

Someday we'll all have to learn to speak Chinese. But not in 2012. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I have the impression we've been living those changes already.

S

Stonelesscutter

:icon_lol:

It's either Mandarin or Cantonese. But "chinese" is not a language. Nobody speaks "chinese".

Go to a Chinese restaurant, stuff your mouth full of noodles, chew a bit but don't swallow, say "Peter Piper picked a peck of peppers" and then come back and tell me it is not a language.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Go to a Chinese restaurant, stuff your mouth full of noodles, chew a bit but don't swallow, say "Peter Piper picked a peck of peppers" and then come back and tell me it is not a language.

That's just nasty. :icon_lol:

S

Stonelesscutter

Oh, not to me. I really really suck at French. I am pretty decent with Spanish, and get try to get by in Italian. But French I really stink at.:facepalm:

How can you be of Italian descent and speak better Spanish than you do Italian?

G

Graybrew1

How can you be of Italian descent and speak better Spanish than you do Italian?

Easy.
I am a American Italian, not off the boat. And not brought up by the Italian side. Plus they did not offer Italian in my school, only Spanish and French. I picked Spanish. I took four years of that. So, that is all I can really remember much of, but with a good book I can get by in Italian because of the similarities of the two. Book, or not I crashed in burned in French.

I am speaking of the times I spent in Mexico, Italy or France. When the locals get fed up and tell you..."Just speak English", you really suck. They did that a few times in Rome and Venice and lots in Paris but never in Cancun, Riviera Maya or Acapulco. I am also talking about the bartenders and waiters that I was tipping which just makes it all the more embarrassing.