Predictions for 2012

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I prefer countries that prepare their citizens to take my orders in English when I go there on vacation. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

I prefer countries that prepare their citizens to take my orders in English when I go there on vacation. ;)

I predict Stranger will have to spend a lot of time waiting on his food while on vacation outside the US in 2012. :P

G

Graybrew1

I predict all the other countries will speak English but pretend not to if you are annoying when vacationing. :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I predict all the other countries will speak English but pretend not to if you are annoying when vacationing. :P

You've been to France, I see. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
For 2012 I predict I'll continue to have mind-blowing sex with uber hotties that should really be wayyyyy above my ability to bed. :P

SciphonicStranger

Yes, but I did butcher the language to be honest. ;)

Don't feel bad. I took French classes for 6 years. It is an easy language to butcher. :P

G

Graybrew1

For 2012 I predict I'll continue to have mind-blowing sex with uber hotties that should really be wayyyyy above my ability to bed. :P

Geez, I guess it is amazing that we ever even get to have your presence at all. I consider myself blessed. :biggrin:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Geez, I guess it is amazing that we ever even get to have your presence at all. I consider myself blessed. :biggrin:

Well, I do need an outlet for my intellectual dalliances, n'est pas? ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yeah they're all pretty much the same. :P

yep they are known as the Romance languages...for descending from Rome-- ie Latin...which I took three years of! :P English, alas is a germanic language...a very gutteral and real bastardized language with elements of latin/norman french and old norse; which has continued to add words from widely varied areas like west africa and china, thus it is a truly evolving language. I knew one linguist who described English as the only world-wide language because it continues to incorporate other languages in it.

You've been to France, I see. :icon_lol:
:facepalm: their academie francaise is the official arbiter of the language...:facepalm: how dare you use the word email! :rolleyes: Yep i know it is advisory only but the very idea boggles the mind. will french become as dead as latin someday? if the academie has their way, yep! :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Marching orders? What country(ies) are you looking to crush in 2012?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
So as the year has almost drawn to a close, what do you all think will happen during those twelve months of 2012? Will we finally achieve world peace? Or maybe world war? (seems more likely at the moment, doesn't it?). Will aliens invade in order to steal all our beer? Will all the world's water supplies mysteriously turn into fudge? Whatever you think will happen, post your thoughts here.

Anyways, here are some of my predictions.

Since 2012 is soon about to draw to a close in less than a month, I thought it'd be fun to revive this old thread and go through the predictions to see what we got right and what we didn't get right. :)

-North Korea will promise to crush all the capitalist swine swiftly and decisively.

Unless you count a bad remake of Red Dawn, nah. Though they've still got a month left, so maybe they'll step up their game...

-Queen Elizabeth II will celebrate her Diamond Jubilee and live to see the end of the year.

Year's not over yet, but I think there's a 99.999999...% chance that she'll be alive and kicking come New Years Day.

-Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will give birth to a cute and adorable little heir to the throne.

Uhuh.

-Nicholas Sarkozy will get his arse kicked in the French presidential election.

Yep.

-A politician with fiery anti-gay rhetoric will be caught in bed with a male prostitute. Sure, it happens almost every year, but the question is just who it'll be this time.

Honestly I haven't really checked up on this, but it's probably happened somewhere since there are a lot of bigoted hypocrits in the world. Also, Rick Santorum is probably in the closet. He can't possibly be so fixated at gay sex without being a little bit in denial. Just sayin'. :winking0052:

-As usual, everyone will be very disappointed by the Oscars and the Emmys.

John Noble didn't even get nominated. AGAIN. :facepalm::cylon-pancarte04:

-Cryogenically frozen dinosaurs will awaken and go on a rampage across the earth.

There's still time, and it'd look pretty damn cool...

-Apple will once again release an extremely underwhelming new product.

iPad Mini, iPhone 5, iMeh. :jonasanime02:

-'The Dark Knight Rises' will become the highest grossing film of the year, with 'The Avengers' in at a close second'

Yeah I was wrong on that one. Not that I'm not dissatisfied with the outcome since I enjoyed The Avengers just a bit more.

-Most surprisingly, the world does not come to an end on 21/12/12.

...maybe this is where the dinosaurs come in... :tyrannosaurus:

-North Korea will fail to deliver on their previous promise.

Still time. Come on Kimmy, no pain no gain!

SciphonicStranger

Great topic ESA! Here are mine. :D

1. "Stargate Universe the Musical" will open on Broadway to rave reviews
2. GateFans will surpass 300,000 posts
3. Tim Tebow will lead the Denver Broncos to the Super Bowl. :P

1) Alas, no musical - however we did see the production of Stargate Universe - Distant Hope which got 12,260 views and 198 "Likes" on you tube. :beckett_thanks:

2) You guys are a bunch of slackers. :P

3) Tim Tebow did shock the Steelers in the playoffs, but no trip to Disney World. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
1) Alas, no musical - however we did see the production of Stargate Universe - Distant Hope which got 12,260 views and 198 "Likes" on you tube. :beckett_thanks:

2) You guys are a bunch of slackers. :P

3) Tim Tebow did shock the Steelers in the playoffs, but no trip to Disney World. :(

That is sad too. It is so horrible, no story, hokey premise, and a Major running around in a LT uniform. Please let that one be their last!

SciphonicStranger

That is sad too. It is so horrible, no story, hokey premise, and a Major running around in a LT uniform. Please let that one be their last!

Those folks are currently working on an SG-1 fan movie (I think with the same young Major), but if the world explodes on 12/21 we will be spared just in time. :eagerness:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Those folks are currently working on an SG-1 fan movie (I think with the same young Major), but if the world explodes on 12/21 we will be spared just in time. :eagerness:

Evidently, the person behind all of this is an avid collector of memorabilia which is where the uniforms, props (and most of the footage) comes from. The video guy does some decent compositing with green screen, which is the best thing about the project. But there is NO story at all. You cannot have an "episode" which is basically violated footage from the original show, and expect to be convincing. Why SG-1? Is it because there is a premiere episode and the guy has some staff weapons and perhaps a uniform or two? Cant wait to see who they get for Teal'c!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Evidently, the person behind all of this is an avid collector of memorabilia which is where the uniforms, props (and most of the footage) comes from. The video guy does some decent compositing with green screen, which is the best thing about the project. But there is NO story at all. You cannot have an "episode" which is basically violated footage from the original show, and expect to be convincing. Why SG-1? Is it because there is a premiere episode and the guy has some staff weapons and perhaps a uniform or two? Cant wait to see who they get for Teal'c!

I bet it'll be one of his buddies with his face painted brown.