Anything goes 1

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Aaaaaaah!!
A fellow Scotch enthusiast! :)
Too bad I can't have any at the moment.
I think there ought to be a thread about whiskey somewhere around here.

There is somewhere, perhaps it's still in the beer discussion?

S

Stonelesscutter

Aye, it was a show produced for UK's Channel 4. Absolutely loved it, the American version "Junkyard Wars" was awful.

Indeed that American version sucked. I never watched that one much.
The concept of the challenge was kinda cool and perhaps at this moment even applicable with most of the world in economical recession/crisis. :)

Couple years ago on I think TLC they did a couple shows on car repossessions. They were actually quite interesting mostly because they were real and not staged. Well, didn't take long for them to come up with a "reality" version which replaced the real version. Now we have "Repo Wars" or some such nonsense. It's so incredibly fake and ridiculous that I can't believe anyone watches it.

Leave it up to "reality" television to kill off that which is real, sigh.

I haven't seen them repo programs because they REALLY didn't attract me. But you probably know what you're talking about and so I have to agree with you that faking a reality show is complete and utter bullshit. Though you've gotta appreciate the talent of people that take crap and make it even crappier. :)

G

Graybrew1

I have over the course of the last 6.5 hours consumed Aporox Half a bottle of 42% Scotch in order to forget the shithouse day I have had. I should be passed out drunk by now.

Is that clearer my love?

Yes, LOL. Now that would indeed be a sight to see. :biggrin:

I do hope you have a better day today. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yes, LOL. Now that would indeed be a sight to see. :biggrin:

I do hope you have a better day today. :)

Not likely, I need to be up and fully cogent in 5 hours to do more family stuff.

(oh, you don't want to see me really really pissed, married or not, none of you "ladies" would be safe) :D :laughing:

G

Graybrew1

Not likely, I need to be up and fully cogent in 5 hours to do more family stuff.

(oh, you don't want to see me really really pissed, married or not, none of you "ladies" would be safe) :D :laughing:

Certainly is a different side of you. :biggrin: It is impressive that you can have gotten so rocked and still be able to hold down intelligent conversations, let alone, Well you know......TYPE! LOL

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Yeah I thought it was pretty good during its first few seasons but then it got a bit crappy, IMO. Though now that you mentioned Scrapheap Challenge, I came to think of another Discovery Channel show (originally it was on Sky in the UK, but whatever), Brainiac. Now that was a fun show, but come on, since when is blowing up caravans for no reason at all, not fun!? :D Though it wasn't as good after Richard Hammond left the show.
Richard Hammond FTW! :P

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Couple years ago on I think TLC they did a couple shows on car repossessions. They were actually quite interesting mostly because they were real and not staged. Well, didn't take long for them to come up with a "reality" version which replaced the real version. Now we have "Repo Wars" or some such nonsense. It's so incredibly fake and ridiculous that I can't believe anyone watches it.

Leave it up to "reality" television to kill off that which is real, sigh.

are you reffering to operation: Repo? if so i enjoyed that show for the first couple of eps then i checked it out online and learned that it was UBER fake and i cant watch it after that... great concept for a show tho if it were REAL.

S

Stonelesscutter

are you reffering to operation: Repo? if so i enjoyed that show for the first couple of eps then i checked it out online and learned that it was UBER fake and i cant watch it after that... great concept for a show tho if it were REAL.

I guess if it had been real them morons would have gotten a bullet in their head somewhere along the way.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Aaaaaaah!!
A fellow Scotch enthusiast! :)
Too bad I can't have any at the moment.
I think there ought to be a thread about whiskey somewhere around here.

Yes, indeed. Scotch whiskey is great, so is bourbon. When it comes to scotch I'm happy with a simple, mild Glenlivit instead of an overly "smokey" high end single malt. How about you?

ETA: Maybe this thread drift should go in the "Anything goes" thread?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Certainly is a different side of you. :biggrin: It is impressive that you can have gotten so rocked and still be able to hold down intelligent conversations, let alone, Well you know......TYPE! LOL

He's an Aussie. Just another typical Ozian "dinner" I'm sure. ;)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Yes, indeed. Scotch whiskey is great, so is bourbon. When it comes to scotch I'm happy with a simple, mild Glenlivit instead of an overly "smokey" high end single malt. How about you?

Single malt is essential.

S

Stonelesscutter

Anybody seen the dance group perform at the Eurovision contest while they were busy counting the vote yesterday?
They were so good it was insane!

Tropicana

Council Member
Anybody seen the dance group perform at the Eurovision contest while they were busy counting the vote yesterday?
They were so good it was insane!
Hip hop meets Classical Music. It was very good! But got annoying after a while cos I wanted to see who made it through to the Finals. :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I just ate 2 cans of Cento Tuna packed in olive oil with lemon juice and a protein shake as my 4th meal of the day. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

S

Stonelesscutter

Hip hop meets Classical Music. It was very good! But got annoying after a while cos I wanted to see who made it through to the Finals. :D

I haven't been able to find a youtube video of it yet.
Can you locate one?

S

Stonelesscutter

I just ate 2 cans of Cento Tuna packed in olive oil with lemon juice and a protein shake as my 4th meal of the day. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

That kinda sounds disgusting. But to each his own right.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Now I'm off to the gym for a couple hours then back later for a nice big 1lb steak fillet on the grill with a romaine lettuce and roma tomato and sliced bocconcini salad.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Now I'm off to the gym for a couple hours then back later for a nice big 1lb steak fillet on the grill with a romaine lettuce and roma tomato and sliced bocconcini salad.

Mmmm steak! I've got my filet all set to go for tomorrow. Saturday night is steak night for me. Having a fish fry tonight, but also making a meatloaf at the same time -- don't ask. ;)

That reminds me, I've gotta get a new outdoor grill and smoker. This summer is going to be delicious!

S

Stonelesscutter

shavedape said:

I love me a nice single malt. I think I have a mild preference for the smokey kind but it's dependant on the moment I guess. I can also appreciate the less sturdy whiskeys and also bourbons. At home I usually had a Jim Beam white bottle because they're relatively cheap and I think it tastes good. But sometimes if I can afford it I'd go for a Scotch. I really liked Ardmore for one.