THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
very well could be true

however.. there have been no announcements on any S2 production and for now BOBA is a "limited series" only

in contrasts- the new Series ANDOR already has 12 episodes completed and ready to air--- DISNEY is not going to make it one season though, but a s1 and 2 --the cursed 6 ep season seems to be a "thing" among streamers! -- S3 production is scheduled to begin this yr although it will not air for some time

Ahsoka and Kenobi are also Limited Series

Kenobi will probably stay that way given the confines of the story, Ahsoka could go on since we don't know how her story ends or when

so, they may have made some interesting bits to try and get interest up and see if it justifies a S2
This series is getting very mixed reviews. I have not yet seen it so I can't personally weigh in, but I am getting that it appears to be woke. Boba never uses his weapon to kill? This is what is going around. I guess I will have to take a look first.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It isn't woke. And Boba did use weapons in the first installment.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This series is getting very mixed reviews. I have not yet seen it so I can't personally weigh in, but I am getting that it appears to be woke. Boba never uses his weapon to kill? This is what is going around. I guess I will have to take a look first.
you are watching and /or twittering with people with anti-woke agendas--- of course woke= bad// anti- woke to the point of blurred vision = bad too :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and to those BOBA FETT sucks ppl.. saying its woke or whatever... we had 6 minutes of Boba Fett on screen prior to Mandalorian

in those minutes just WHAT EXACTLY did he do that made him so bad ass? he over saw Han being frozen and he got his assed kicked

people with agendas of any type should not be listened to

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I hate woke as much as anyone here including OM, and to me it is not woke. The first episode was basically about giving us the history of Boba Fett between being in the belly of the Sarlacc and his appearance on Mandalorian. And he had his share of badass moments, including defeating a very large desert creature without his armor or weapons - all he had was the chain he had been bound with by the Tusken when they encountered him after the Jawa's looted his unconscious body and left him for dead.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
what is it YOU used to see about not accepting things at "face value"? :)

this IS an issue with the hive mind of social media-IT- doesn't want people to think for themselves; just accept the values and assignments of the mob or, the "algorithm"

if the hive- algorithm wants you to hate a show, than you'd better, or be cancelled yourself

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and to those BOBA FETT sucks ppl.. saying its woke or whatever... we had 6 minutes of Boba Fett on screen prior to Mandalorian

in those minutes just WHAT EXACTLY did he do that made him so bad ass? he over saw Han being frozen and he got his assed kicked

people with agendas of any type should not be listened to
He did not show up in The Mandalorian to be a badass. He was there to tease his presence in the already planned Book of Boba Fett series which is now out.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
what is it YOU used to see about not accepting things at "face value"? :)

this IS an issue with the hive mind of social media-IT- doesn't want people to think for themselves; just accept the values and assignments of the mob or, the "algorithm"

if the hive- algorithm wants you to hate a show, than you'd better, or be cancelled yourself
If you have been looking at my Twitter, then you will notice that I have not tweeted for at least a month. :winking0052: I have a new paradigm for my life, and it is not guided by what I see and hear in social media. I am not going to rag on the show or praise it until I have actually seen it. but I was commenting on the videos I have been watching about the show. Do you like the show?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you have been looking at my Twitter, then you will notice that I have not tweeted for at least a month. :winking0052: I have a new paradigm for my life, and it is not guided by what I see and hear in social media. I am not going to rag on the show or praise it until I have actually seen it. but I was commenting on the videos I have been watching about the show. Do you like the show?
yes, so far, it is one ep

i too, am commenting on the commenters who have been whining about it on YT

they say things like "this is not the Boba we know"

i ask "ok genius, who and what exactly IS the Boba we know based on the 6 minutes of screen time we have had of him?" -- discounting his time on CLONE WARS as a young teenager

did they watch the same OT that I did?

and they cannot really say "well we want to see him the way he was in Mandalorian!" either, because that time ,in the course of events, is in between his flashbacks and what we are seeing him and Fennec doing now

so, in MANDO he was even weaker than he is in 'current time' on Tatooine as he probably didn't have access to a bacta tank then. probably not until he took over Jabbas palace did he get the bacta tank - i guess he could of had it on SLAVE 1 during MANDO and we didn't ee it. But just looking at his pale skin and scars shows he probably didn't

--------------------------------------------

looking fwd to what/who else they may bring into the show. it is a limited series, so they may have well gone big and brought in as many characters as they thought makes sense to in the attempt to get good ratings and maybe get a S2

there is spec/ rumor that we may see CPT Rex or another surviving clone. there are leaked test shots of Morrison wearing portions of clone armor and it would make sense. if any one like Rex is still alive-and we know he was 5 yrs earlier, if he has heard that Boba is alive, he may well want to see his "brother"

Boba's sister may want to see him as well. She also has a connection with Fennec

and all the other standard bounty hunters we already know- the "crowd pleasers"

and the "biggie"- the one some are saying the reason the one flashback Boba has of himself on Geonosis is only to serve as the passive intro for bringing in one of those shiny light sword guys

always with the shiny light sword guys! :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
He did not show up in The Mandalorian to be a badass. He was there to tease his presence in the already planned Book of Boba Fett series which is now out.
I am NOT the one claiming he was a bad ass in his limited on screen time-- the cry babies are though

IRL in hindsight, yes, it was to foreshadow the BBF show

but, for the Mando, it was for the purpose and need of MANDO needing an ally who owed him and a ship. Also, Boba wanted his armor back

and Fennec, for as much as some "he men" out there despise female characters, is important connective tissue for this show to other SW's stories. For Boba, she is his connection to the bounty Hunter guild and the Galactic underworld, like Crimson Dawn and the other criminal clans

we dont know exactly how long Boba was either in the Sarlacc or a prisoner of the Tuskens. so how long has he been out of touch with his connections?

we do know in Mando he has a Gaderrfi staff and a tusken cycler rifle-- did he earn them through tusken ritual or just steal them? He could be one of few humans who have been admitted into a Tusken clan-- that could make things interesting later

earning would take up some time from those 5 yrs he has been gone, stealing wouldn't

anyhow.. i talk too much

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Boba Fett is essentially a blank piece of paper. We saw him briefly in Empire and even less in RotJ.

What was interesting is he was portrayed in Empire not so much as a badass but a smart bounty hunter. He figured out how Han Solo fooled the Imperials and instead of just telling them he let Solo drift away with the trash then followed him (to ensure he alone got the bounty). And so far in Book of Boba Fett he is again showing smarts in trying to build a firmer foundation for his syndicate than what Jabba had built.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Boba Fett is essentially a blank piece of paper. We saw him briefly in Empire and even less in RotJ.

What was interesting is he was portrayed in Empire not so much as a badass but a smart bounty hunter. He figured out how Han Solo fooled the Imperials and instead of just telling them he let Solo drift away with the trash then followed him (to ensure he alone got the bounty). And so far in Book of Boba Fett he is again showing smarts in trying to build a firmer foundation for his syndicate than what Jabba had built.
wow, a reply while i am still on! THAT hasn't happened in a while :)

yes exactly! but some ppl, those YT complainers, they just want pew pew and ass kicking

if they watched the OT they would know what you said. if they watched CLONE WARS they would have known that this was the MO Boba was developing,, nearly exactly like his father's and of many of his father's associates

there is an unfinished ep of CLONE WARS that Filoni didn't use for whatever reasons. in it, we would have seen one of the only times that Boba was ready to go to violence first against Cad Bane. In it though, Boba had put himself in danger to keep civives out of danger

its how he got the dent in his helmet- a blaster bolt from Bane that would of hit a civvie- the civvies and other details are not in this rough version though

even back then, Filoni and crew were mapping all of this out

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwTkhVQj-g

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
EP 2, even better than 1 IMO

had more killing and ass- whomping by Fett, so I am sure the disgruntled Fett-boi's are happy now :)

Pykes and Hutts --- he is attracting attention

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nice!

Now Fett's behavior in both Mando and here is explained and makes sense. In a real sense he IS a Tusken. And he may have an agenda for elevating them in Tattooine society. This also means he has an ace in his pocket the others in this series are unaware of - he can command help from the Tusken.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Also, no one can rightly say this show is not going to new places in the Star Wars universe - this story where we are learning the reality of the Tusken as well as seeing a character who before had no details now is fleshed out to a point where his actions are understandable. This series has only had a few member berries and they are well placed.

And the trick they pulled with the Rancor chamber was funny too!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Also, no one can rightly say this show is not going to new places in the Star Wars universe - this story where we are learning the reality of the Tusken as well as seeing a character who before had no details now is fleshed out to a point where his actions are understandable. This series has only had a few member berries and they are well placed.

And the trick they pulled with the Rancor chamber was funny too!
so, i know how it sounds, but still

way back when we saw the feet of who we later found out was Boba walking up to Fennec, I had two thoughts- 1- its Fett or 2 it could be a Tusken

at the time i was leaning more to a Tusken and that Fennec was the one we would see with the Tuskens. I knew they didn't hire Ming Na Wen to be killed off in one episode

in Canon we know the Tuskens humans, defi women, as slaves. In legends, there are Human Tuskens. Like Mandalorians where anyone can be a Mandalorian if they adopt the Way, in LEGENDS, This is true for humans and a few other species capable of living as a Tusken on Tattoine

So, we have seen Filoni and others use liberally much from Legends, I would not be surprised if we saw this idea used in this show

we saw him ceremonially dressed as a tusken and awarded a gaffi stick. the next step- from LEGENDS, would be for him to accept being "wrapped", shrouded as Tuskens are

I mean, WHERE was he for 5 years? As far as we know, when he walked up to Fennec, he could have been wrapped as a Tusken

also, they could intro from LEGENDS into the KENOBI show, with his new story to fit canon, A'Sharad Hett. A Human Tusken born to a human mother and father Tusken who had been adopted by a Tusken clan. In LEGENDS he becomes a Padawan then Darth Krayt. if he is used at all, doubt he would anything more than just a human Tusken

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I really enjoyed episode two. The Tusken stuff is very interesting. Love the credit tune too.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so after i made the above reply it made me think of other stuff

again--its winter.. i am retired--i can do these things :)

So i rewatched Mandalorian S1 GUNSLINGER episode

this is the one with Fennec and where we see the "boots" at the end walking up to her

the boots that we find out were Boba's

I was wondering what was Fennec doing on Tatooine?

Coolican or Calican- -the wannabe 'gunslinger' tells Din Djarin in the cantina when he turns on her tracking fob, that "she is heading out across the Dune Sea" as in across it

then when we see her talking with him before he shoots her, she send something like "i am headed to mos espa to meet my contact"

so, couple things
Boba's tribe is in the Dune Sea- as are many other people and places

did Boba-after 5 yrs as a Tusken(?) find a way to contact her? he may well have known her through the guild-- saw she was wanted and thought to call her there as she had no better choices-- maybe he saw or heard of Cobb Vanth wearing his armor and wanted help getting it back?

or- did Fortuna, or maybe the Pykes, both most likely knowing Fett was there after what we saw him do in ep2, hire her to come and kill him?

which, if true- is she still trying to kill him but also helping to establish his criminal empire first only to then kill him and take it over for herself?

hmmmm... Filoni and crew do not put these things in scripts for no reason

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and WHY does he need the bacta tank so much now 5 years after the Sarlacc-- was he reinjured getting Slave 1 back? Is his Clone physiology failing?