THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Between this and the other announced DISNEY + shows announced, there are near half dozen shows coming

Not a big fan of Boba Fett, but I am sre many are. More interested in what part of the overall Galactic story they will tell alongside it. Like, how in THE MANDALORIAN we are getting the story of the Imperial Remnant times

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll have to see. Part of the problem will be if they do this they are retconning Return of the Jedi a bit.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
We'll have to see. Part of the problem will be if they do this they are retconning Return of the Jedi a bit.
in s2e1 we see just how sturdy mandalorian armor is when Din went into the Krayt Dragon. the armor allowed him to survive both the dragons acid and the explosion. so, guessing Fetts armor would have done the same for him with the Sarlacc

it may be, Fett got tired of his lifestyle- picked for him by his father by his fathers early death. maybe the near death experience and the dealings with the empire and the hutts just made him decide 'enough',and he sold his armor to the jawas - probably where he got the Tusken Raider weapons from

so, events in Mando are definitely setting up things for other shows-- both in plot and characters as well as with issues like Mandalorian armor capabilities

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That is possible indeed, and plays a little into what we saw on Mando with Bo Katan - they are setting Mando up to play into a story of how Bo Katan gets the Darksaber back and takes her place as ruler of a liberated Mandalore.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i think the mandalorian may turn out to be launch vehicle for several series

an Ahsoka one-- i mean, they dont snag a actress like Rosario Dawson- who i always confuse with Roxann Dawson (who is 62 this year!!)

a Bo Katan/ general mandalorian series-- most likely prior to Mando. filling in the space between end of rebels and "now". there is probably no other race in SW's so prominent as Mandalorians who we don't yet know JUST WHAT EXACTLY they did during the War

a Cara Dune one-- already said to be in pre pro. set in the time before MANDO

They could even pull off a mini series only based on Cobb Vanth- the timothy olyphant character. there is materia lon him in AFTERMATH describing how he got fetts armor (he left stuff out when telling Din for good reason)

Dont know if they will tie it to Mandalorian- but there is no way that DISNEY,LUCASARTS are going to just let the story of Ezra Bridger and Admiral Thrawn just sit. That too would be better as a show than a movie. actually i think all SWs should be a series

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I admit I liked the post credit scene where Fett just blows Bib Fortuna away and chucks him off the throne like so much garbage.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Favreau confirms BOOK OF BOBA FETT as a separate project from MANDALORIAN S3

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Boba Fett's "brother"? another member of the Fett clan?

Definitely, maybe... but some rumors are never played out as true

1619235482664.png
1619235590203.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
With the Mandalorian hanging out there a bit it will be interesting to see what happens with the Boba Fett show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
A great start in the First Episode

Seems that for at least an ep or two we are going to get backstory via flashback along with the current story

I like it!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So we find out how he got out of the stomach of the Sarlacc?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So we find out how he got out of the stomach of the Sarlacc?
also, one of his flashbacks is back to the arena on Geonosis when he picks up his father's helmet

thinking they only show this to foreshadow the inclusion of a certain someone in the series?

though, personally, I could really do without having any of "them" in a show

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I got to see Episode 1 tonight. Not bad.

The storytelling is good and the Bacta Tank as a device for him to recall memories to fill in the gaps between RotJ and Mando is clever. I also liked how they left us with the Tusken owing Fett a mortal obligation. I do hope that next episode we start telling more of the story of the present now that we have most of the missing parts of Fett's past.

The main bad point was some of the visuals were frankly bad, like the cantina band and the Gamorreans. But I liked the two Gamorreans as characters - having them intervene to save Fennec and Fett when they were under attack worked well and having them kick butt like they did upgraded them from the somewhat buffoonish image they had from RotJ.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
like the cantina band and the Gamorreans
i thought that too

but than it came to me why they may have left them with their 1970's appearance; avoiding the criticisms that things like nuTrek and Trek Enterprise got in making their new "Old" shows look and have more advanced tech than the original series had

avoiding a type of visual over correction

so, just let it be I suppose, they are not major characters

and if SW's ever got around to really correcting character design flaws, well, a lot would need to be upgraded from the shortcuts they took in the 70's-- the entire Stormtrooper uniform for one thing :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
device for him to recall memories to fill in the gaps between RotJ and Mando is clever
i am guessing we will get the fill in from ROTJ all the way up to when he rescues Fennec after her 'death'

i am guessing as they are both in the Guild of Bounty Hunters that they have a past relationship as well, he may be that they were could have been working or at least in touch with each other before Fennec was shot. Boba may have contacted her to help him get his gear and ship back- plotting their takeover

one of the trailers shows the two of them sneaking into Jabba's hangar and finding slave 1

just hope tptb's did a good job with the other eps as they did with Mando

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
i thought that too

but than it came to me why they may have left them with their 1970's appearance; avoiding the criticisms that things like nuTrek and Trek Enterprise got in making their new "Old" shows look and have more advanced tech than the original series had

avoiding a type of visual over correction

so, just let it be I suppose, they are not major characters

and if SW's ever got around to really correcting character design flaws, well, a lot would need to be upgraded from the shortcuts they took in the 70's-- the entire Stormtrooper uniform for one thing :)
I wasn't so much disappointed in their 70s appearance but they looked cheap and poorly done - they could have kept the exact same overall look just improved the texturing to account for 4K and such.

That said, having the two Gamorreans save Fennec and Fett AND kick butt in the process was nice - like I said it elevated them from the buffoonish RotJ image.