Star Wars: Ahsoka series

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so I get the IRL need for YT'rs to keep making content

other than that--- and, is there anyone still here to discuss? :icon_cry:
======================================

Why does it matter where she was? She COULD HAVE been an active member of the Rebel alliance the whole time OR she could have been in the cave on Malachor the whole time.

Remember Maul was marooned there for awhile as well, so obviously the place can sustain life.

But she could have easily been in the Alliance, it was a Big Rebellion with many cells and units in a HUGE galaxy. We know Hera Syndulla was part of the war, we didn't see her in the OT either (yes barring the IRL fact the character did not exist yet and it was made over 40 yrs ago)

And, have we actually been TOLD , on screen, that she does not know about Luke Skywalker? Remind me, I may have forgotten. Maybe she does know of him and does not think him a threat or have any need in meeting him, knowing that he had been partially trained by Yoda and Kenobi?

I say, lets keep speculating without being "damning" (because has Filoni and crew given us a reason to be?) and just see what plays out and LET'S REALLY HOPE that somehow, someway, the SEQUELS are "erased"

Hoping for a full exposition of Thrawn in a character meshing between the books and from REBELS. One where he is the "LESSER EVIL" as in the book than Sheev Palaptine: Revenant or the First Order: Morons :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_VCQZAWW8

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree. Where Ahsoka was during the OT is actually irrelevant. Just like asking where the Mandalorian was or where Bo Katan was. The simple reality is Ahsoka lives when before Ezra's act she was dead at least five years before the Battle of Endor.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I agree. Where Ahsoka was during the OT is actually irrelevant. Just like asking where the Mandalorian was or where Bo Katan was. The simple reality is Ahsoka lives when before Ezra's act she was dead at least five years before the Battle of Endor.
Exactly!

actually where were ALL the Mandalorian during the OT? again, excepting for IRL considerations. Even with Mandalore and Concordia being ruled by the Empire, there were many Mandalorians elsewhere and would have been of great technical and combat expertise to the Rebel military-- where were they? Doesn't matter

it would make a good show though :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
O dear. Fans are making unreasonable demands? What kind of world do we live in! :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So they were upset about small details of her head? I am generally sympathetic to fan concerns but this is in the realm of silly nitpicking. Dawson did a great Ahsoka on Mando.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Official Ahsoka trailer

looks entertaining... most of the Big Characters from REBELS revealed in the trailer- Sabine Wren, Hera, Thrawn, and image of Ezra, Lothal

interesting Thrawn is shown not in hyperspace. wondering if they are just going to Fast Forward past all of that and have him and Ezra being where ever they ended up at from their Purrgil experience?

August this year; don't know how many episodes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnzNZ0Mdx4I

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Official Full trailer dropped today begins 28 August

Looks like this will be action centric like REBELS was / also following the HEIR TO EMPIRE books? View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1EXWNETiI
1689135398016.png
1689135230835.png

1689135193232.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll know soon enough. Maybe they will but they might also only be appropriating names and such from Heir to the Empire but following a different story.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
appropriating names and such from Heir to the Empire but following a different story.
oh I think that is a definite going to happen, thing

its what has basically been happening with all of these shows, going back to at least REBELS, with Filoni and gang bringing in bits and pieces- characters, equipment, ships, weapons, ideas- from the EU/ LEGENDS

We saw in REBELS how the Thrawn story was already changed - not too much from the books, but just enough to make the story more 'tellable' for TV; shorter and cleaner. Keep short attn spans on track ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
watched the first 3 eps, i have nothing bad to say, liked everything so far

pretty seamless transition of REBELS characters into live action as well. and the planet of Lothal looked nearly identical as it did in animation, great things modern SFX can do

like I find myself often doing, I am going to guess that the two "We are not Jedi" but they don't say what they are, Baylan and Shin. though they were Jedi once, were actually members of the Jedi Explorer corps. Would give a great reason how they were missed if they were out in deep space during Order 66, and how they seem to have no real deep hatred for Jedi
"it would be a shame for Ahsoka to die, there are so few Jedi these days"

but watch, we probably won't get any answer on where they were or what they were doing

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
EP5 was indeed a very very good one, especially for those who love -- Anakin and light saber duels

It was also one more way we now know that Anakin was indeed redeemed through his actions in EP6

@Joelist have you seen it?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Been tied up, need to catch up.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Keeps getting better and better

live action Thrawn in effect...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I am sorta caught up on Ahsoka. Some things have been good (Ahsoka herself for one). Others had me shaking my head ( like how Thrawn seems to have lost his intelligence). Overall it's okay.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am sorta caught up on Ahsoka. Some things have been good (Ahsoka herself for one). Others had me shaking my head ( like how Thrawn seems to have lost his intelligence). Overall it's okay.
a lot of Thrawns intelligence is kept sharp from his having dueling with near peer adversaries. so far, we haven't seen that he has had any for 10 yrs

also, he has fallen under the spell of believing in witchcraft-- dathomiri science portrayed by those who control it as some sort of voodoo

as we know for real life/history many a sharp mind has been dulled by such nonsense

I never understood why so many other viewers automatically assumed that his troops were all undead// I asked online and people would say "because the night sisters" "because marroc"

then we see troopers be taken out and .......