Star Wars: Ahsoka series

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Discussed in part in other threads- the character -Ahsoka, is getting her own live action series.

Many casting announcements have been made, some will overlap from other shows, and now, a casting call has been announced for the part of Sabine Wren

In Mandalorian S2, I was expecting to see Sabine with Ahsoka, but we didn't, and things do make more sense now after Mandalorian, chptr 13-the Jedi aired.

That is, the ending scene we saw in REBELS where Sabine gives a spoken epilogue for REBLES and its characters, and we see her meeting with an older (older then she appeared in REBELS as is Sabine) and hooded Ahsoka at a ship dock- Ahsoka's cloak now very similar to the one we saw her wear in Chptr 13

So, I am now also going with that ending scene IS from after Mando, CHptr 13. Right after Ahsoka left Corvus, she meets with Sabine, the scene we saw in REBELS. Ahsoka now knows where to find Thrawn and she needs help on her mission to find him and Ezra--Ezra and Thrawn have been cast as well

----
also mention in this video by SWs Meg is the notion that Filoni may have been given the "mission" to ERASE EPS 7-9 by using Ahsoka series? Perhaps by using the World between Worlds? Grogu and Luke (yes Luke for you Luke-a-philes :) ) may be involved as well. Will Ahsoka see Luke's fate with Ben Solo in using the World btn Worlds and prevent it thereby erasing the disaster of a trilogy?

video is copied in at Ahsoka part, 2:21

View: https://youtu.be/kjXl8lLiu8k?t=139

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how the Ahsoka series plays out - in the advertisements when it was announced the background was the World Between Worlds.

There is a theory that has been around for a few months that Ahsoka has already changed history. She did so when she directed Mando and Grogu to the site where Grogu sent out his call for a Jedi. Luke responded and in the finale of Mandalorian Season 2 takes Grogu as his first student. The theory posits the following changes have occurred:

1) Grogu is now Luke's first student not Ben

2) Instead of the Dark Troopers wiping out Mando and his party (which was about to happen) and Gideon having possession of Grogu the Dark Troopers were wiped out by Luke and Gideon is a prisoner and Luke is teaching Grogu.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It will be interesting to see how the Ahsoka series plays out - in the advertisements when it was announced the background was the World Between Worlds.

There is a theory that has been around for a few months that Ahsoka has already changed history. She did so when she directed Mando and Grogu to the site where Grogu sent out his call for a Jedi. Luke responded and in the finale of Mandalorian Season 2 takes Grogu as his first student. The theory posits the following changes have occurred:

1) Grogu is now Luke's first student not Ben

2) Instead of the Dark Troopers wiping out Mando and his party (which was about to happen) and Gideon having possession of Grogu the Dark Troopers were wiped out by Luke and Gideon is a prisoner and Luke is teaching Grogu.
-- the way the shows are playing out with the 'bigger picture' it almost seems better to have one thread :)

anyhow, my last post on bad batch thread goes with this--

yes, as you say per changing the timeline or erasing the new trilogies. on the "good guy" side, the actions of Mando and Ahsoka, luke, etc

on the 'bad guy' side- what looks to be shaping up as the potential for what Thrawn may be building up to-- if they follow up with him in ascendancy in Mando and Ahsoka, then a IMP remnant, ruled by thrawn, is a direct threat to stopping the First Order-which we know is Palpatines 'resurrection' plan for a new empire

even a smaller impact- like Boba taking over part of the Hutt's trade can have ripple effects on the outcome of things

"erasing" the new trilogy in this way rather then in some cheesy "time travel"- non SW's method trick, would be far better

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I am hopeful they do Thrawn justice - to me he ALWAYS should have been the antagonist of the sequel trilogy which should have been based the Zahn trilogy instead of the crap they came up with.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
-- the way the shows are playing out with the 'bigger picture' it almost seems better to have one thread :)

anyhow, my last post on bad batch thread goes with this--

yes, as you say per changing the timeline or erasing the new trilogies. on the "good guy" side, the actions of Mando and Ahsoka, luke, etc

on the 'bad guy' side- what looks to be shaping up as the potential for what Thrawn may be building up to-- if they follow up with him in ascendancy in Mando and Ahsoka, then a IMP remnant, ruled by thrawn, is a direct threat to stopping the First Order-which we know is Palpatines 'resurrection' plan for a new empire

even a smaller impact- like Boba taking over part of the Hutt's trade can have ripple effects on the outcome of things

"erasing" the new trilogy in this way rather then in some cheesy "time travel"- non SW's method trick, would be far better
This is where the idea that is current seems like a good one - that and it also has supporting evidence:

a) Per Rise of Skywalker Ahsoka died before the fall of the Empire

b) Ahsoka is alive in Mandalorian

c) Per The Last Jedi and TFA Ben was Luke's first student

d) Per Mandalorian Grogu is Luke's first student

As these changes directly affect Ben Solo turning to the Dark Side they also impact the rise of the First Order.

Now just get rid of the risen Palpatine and we are home free.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Star Wars canon is being dangerously shredded by Disney. They do not think past certain canon elements while inserting new things and characters and situations.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think the changes introduced by The Mandalorian are part of an attempt to repair the damage done to Star Wars by the sequel trilogy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They may have cast Sabine, no official news yet. Rumor is that Tati Gabrielle (SABRINA- netflix and THE 100) is the "front runner" and the other name in contention is Havana Rose Liu

From REBELS, it appears that the Wren family is either caucasian or asian, its going to be a hard sell to say they are african (or whatever those ethnicities would be in the SW's galaxy)

I dont know Liu, I do know Gabrielle as Gaia in THE 100 and from SABRINA where she played Prudence Blackwood, I like her as an actress, just dont know if she is SABINE though

I really hope that casting is not being dominated by real world social considerations :( :(

Liu
1630201454469.png
Gabrielle
1630201674473.png

View: https://youtu.be/BVOrgaoD_WY?t=445

The Wren family from REBELS

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mfkeHscxus

Attachments

• 1630201722352.png
    1630201722352.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 88

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
GOING TO KEEP IT HERE, as the theory focuses on Ahsoka and pivots on the day Filoni came out at a SW's day with that "AHSOKA LIVES" shirt on. referencing the scene from REBELS where Ezra used the world between worlds to save her

and, according to this theory- and I think what Joe was referring to as well, it is that scene, her life being saved by Ezra, in our past, is what will "cancel" the new trilogies (eps 7-9)

I like it.. the retcon has already happened-- it doesn't need to be done again, the World between Worlds need not be used again either

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvTQNu0zs4

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes this is the correct theory - Ahsoka was supposed to be dead but courtesy of Ezra is alive. She reentered time in a later episode of Rebels as we know and her actions in Mando changed everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a bit of a "Rebels retcon" which shows them looking at the future while they were in the World Between Worlds and Ahsoka went back knowing what she needed to do at the appropriate time.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They may have cast Sabine, no official news yet. Rumor is that Tati Gabrielle (SABRINA- netflix and THE 100) is the "front runner" and the other name in contention is Havana Rose Liu

From REBELS, it appears that the Wren family is either caucasian or asian, its going to be a hard sell to say they are african (or whatever those ethnicities would be in the SW's galaxy)

I dont know Liu, I do know Gabrielle as Gaia in THE 100 and from SABRINA where she played Prudence Blackwood, I like her as an actress, just dont know if she is SABINE though

I really hope that casting is not being dominated by real world social considerations :( :(

Liu
View attachment 35628 Gabrielle View attachment 35630

View: https://youtu.be/BVOrgaoD_WY?t=445

The Wren family from REBELS

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mfkeHscxus
@Joelist @Overmind One do either of these actresses fit the character for you?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes this is the correct theory - Ahsoka was supposed to be dead but courtesy of Ezra is alive. She reentered time in a later episode of Rebels as we know and her actions in Mando changed everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a bit of a "Rebels retcon" which shows them looking at the future while they were in the World Between Worlds and Ahsoka went back knowing what she needed to do at the appropriate time.
yeah.. SW ep 7 came out in what-2015?

Filoni walked out with the AHSOKA LIVES! shirt in 2017 before the release of EP8.. so "someone" at lucasfilm/disney apparently was ok with at least the premise of the "Ahsoka will undo the new trilogy" pitch that far back? they knew the story that "someone else" approved JJ to tell with the movies was crap and were willing to make moves against it that early on

sure, maybe they didn't have everything all worked out vis a vis Grogu and Mandalorian, etc, but I am willing to bet that Filoni and his crew had a lot of it down... i mean its not like they are RDM haphazardly producing the last 2 seasons of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA or anything :)

this team obviously has had a plan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually The Last Jedi premiered December 2017 and World Between Worlds on February 26, 2018. But yes.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually The Last Jedi premiered December 2017 and World Between Worlds on February 26, 2018. But yes.
yeah.. what i said :) ep 8 did not release until dec 2018, yet they greenlit whatever Filoni's plan was at the time way before.. they new it was shit before it was even done and released but went through with it anyhow

money.. contract fulfillments, harm to the franchise rep -- what a waste

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
@Joelist @Overmind One do either of these actresses fit the character for you?
Meh, earth ethnicities dont figure in to my thoughts about which actors should be chosen for the characters. I do think appearance counts with them, but not to the point where we are referring to a SW character in a galaxy far far away as being "Caucasian" or "Asian" or "African". I think if we had to choose an actress to play her, she should look as much like the original character as possible. I think that mixed-race actors make the best choices. I think a hapa asian/white female would work very well.
1630879846348.png
1630879867435.png

Somebody like Isa Briones maybe?
1630879979442.png

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Meh, earth ethnicities dont figure in to my thoughts about which actors should be chosen for the characters. I do think appearance counts with them, but not to the point where we are referring to a SW character in a galaxy far far away as being "Caucasian" or "Asian" or "African". I think if we had to choose an actress to play her, she should look as much like the original character as possible. I think that mixed-race actors make the best choices. I think a hapa asian/white female would work very well.View attachment 35633View attachment 35634

Somebody like Isa Briones maybe?
View attachment 35635
i only made note of ethnicities because of the rebels arc where we see Sabine's mother and brother

as for either of the two actress "doing it for the character" i was referring more to their acting ability.

Gabrielle did well in both sabrina and 100 but neither of those characters were anything like Sabine.. Prudence was a young witch ,sex addict on a power trip and the character in 100 a religious zealot. Gabrielle herself just seems a bit overbearing a presence to play Sabine

the other girl, i only have seen some YT clips of her, her acting career seems fairly short, but she doesn't seem to match with Sabine character either

oh well, just thoughts.. as long as they get a good story going and good production, i am sure it will be great

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i only made note of ethnicities because of the rebels arc where we see Sabine's mother and brother

as for either of the two actress "doing it for the character" i was referring more to their acting ability.

Gabrielle did well in both sabrina and 100 but neither of those characters were anything like Sabine.. Prudence was a young witch ,sex addict on a power trip and the character in 100 a religious zealot. Gabrielle herself just seems a bit overbearing a presence to play Sabine

the other girl, i only have seen some YT clips of her, her acting career seems fairly short, but she doesn't seem to match with Sabine character either

oh well, just thoughts.. as long as they get a good story going and good production, i am sure it will be great
I agree that she should look as much like the original character as possible, if that is what you are saying.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I agree that she should look as much like the original character as possible, if that is what you are saying.
looks are 1 thing i did mention, ONLY because Filoni has made that hole for himself by having Sabine's Mother and Brother's appearances in REBELS be so specific-- they are one of a few things "ethnically"

but, its not like thy can cast a red haired freckled face woman or any other woman too far out of the "picture painted" of the family in REBELS

But no, mainly it is the acting style of these actresses- I do not think they can convincingly "pull off" Sabine-- her personality and characteristics. TATI Gabrielle i have seen the most of in SABRINA and in THE 100, and in either show ,i dont recall seeing anything that would make me think "Sabine Wren" is what I am saying

Just like no one could cast Katee Sackhoff as a frail, male dependent, "beauty queen". Karen- type and expect ppl to believe her performance based on her prior roles from RIDDICK to BSG, LONGMIRE to MANDALORIAN

this is what i mean

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
looks are 1 thing i did mention, ONLY because Filoni has made that hole for himself by having Sabine's Mother and Brother's appearances in REBELS be so specific-- they are one of a few things "ethnically"

but, its not like thy can cast a red haired freckled face woman or any other woman too far out of the "picture painted" of the family in REBELS

But no, mainly it is the acting style of these actresses- I do not think they can convincingly "pull off" Sabine-- her personality and characteristics. TATI Gabrielle i have seen the most of in SABRINA and in THE 100, and in either show ,i dont recall seeing anything that would make me think "Sabine Wren" is what I am saying

Just like no one could cast Katee Sackhoff as a frail, male dependent, "beauty queen". Karen- type and expect ppl to believe her performance based on her prior roles from RIDDICK to BSG, LONGMIRE to MANDALORIAN

this is what i mean
Okay, I see what you are saying and I agree. It's the reason that subbing out black women for redheads makes no sense at all, yet that is what is being done. Its why a black Superman who is Clark Kent makes no sense, but a black make from Krypton who has Superman's powers but has a different name and backstory would work.

Overall, I am not for swapping visual or sexual identities in established IPs. Its jarring, and makes no sense.