Poll on ATV today: Favourite Stargate Series

• Thread starter Robbie_Rocket_Pants
  • Start date

Tropicana

Council Member
Just for fun:

<LI id=status_29206045314256897 class="hentry u-SGUnite share status">SGUnite ATV have posted a poll asking what your favourite #Stargate series is. Choices are #SGU #SG1 or #SGA at... http://fb.me/TpVbarxH about 9 hours ago via Facebook Retweeted by malibunextyear and 2 others

Who's running active campaigns?
I read one comment via the link and how they were happy being mentioned on a GW article. When I was part of the campaign against TrekUnited the group I was in - was mentioned in the Los Angeles Times as an opposing side; it was a balanced article, it just stated what was going on with the ENT/ST fandom at the time.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well fuck me
SGA is ahead by almst 200 and it looks like the vote frenzy is over for now.

Will

GateFans Noob
Yeah I noticed that, pretty weird huh.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Nothing enterprising about responding to stupidity in kind.

Actually dude, I was wondering how the hell SG1 jumped so much in the space of a few seconds. Is thier a program or something that can do stuff like that, or would it have been 50 odd SG1 fans all just happening to vote at the same time. It just piqued my techno curiosity.

Tropicana

Council Member
I posted the link 4 hours ago. Then it just had 2000 votes in total. Now there are over 9000 votes! It is really funny, how a poll can get endemic in the internet in a short amount of time.

I bet that most of those 7000 votes were from a handful of people. :P
It's probably best to take the original results as it was 4 hours ago.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I posted the link 4 hours ago. Then it just had 2000 votes in total. Now there are over 9000 votes! It is really funny, how a poll can get endemic in the internet in a short amount of time.

I bet that most of those 7000 votes were from a handful of people. :P

You reported it 4 hours ago, the SGUnite campaign knew about it for at least 5 hours more and the result was still some 700 to sgu and 1400 odd to SGA.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
sg1 is on the rise.. ^^

i just discovered the hack was ridiculously simple..

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I didn't know this. But that makes the SGU result in the past even more pathetic! I mean a few people alone can make 1000 votes in a few minutes if they really want. You don't even have to use a voting program. You can vote on that poll as often as you want without a problem.

If you take a look at pg2 I posted the tweet from SGUnite :P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Wow really...and which buddies would this be. And since when was i part of the SaveSGU campaign.
Sorry, Yoshi, I meant "buddies from GW" and "the SaveSGU campaign". I had no intention of offending you or throwing you in with the rabid ones over there. I should have expressed that better.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I think that I will contact the people running the poll to tell them that their system is flawed and that any results will be publically outed as a fix due to the way the voting system can easily be fixed.

Oh my god, its pathetic. SGU jumps, SGA jumps, SGU jumps - what the hell is even the point.
Any poll that doesn't return SG1 winning by a large margin is obviously hacked and completely worthless - not saying this a an SG1 fan but just considering the number of fans and audience each show had.

The point is for the site to promote itself while getting the most number of hits possible... :icon_neutral:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Any poll that doesn't return SG1 winning by a large margin is obviously hacked and completely worthless - not saying this a an SG1 fan but just considering the number of fans and audience each show had.

The point is for the site to promote itself while getting the most number of hits possible... :icon_neutral:

Nah dude, it's merely a question of who's more invested..........:rotflmao:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
I just voted and found the scores to be quite funny actually.

stargate current poll.JPG

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
The entire thing has been hacked, why they bothered keeping it up is a mystery.

Actually its not, no doubt they'll enjoy the advertisement dollars this exploit brings in.