OBI WAN KENOBI

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Any idea of when this will be available for viewing?
Kenobi in 2022. still planned to be a 'limited series'. but who knows what may happen?

For Luke fanbois, there is a 'making of Mandalorian season 2 coming out next month that the Luke-bois are framing as 'the Luke Skywalker special" :)

there is a manga styled SWs show coming out this fall i believe. not very interested in it

Book of BOBA FETT is coming out in December

Mandalorian S3 summer or fall 22

AHSOKA S1 (still being coy about limited or repeating series) tentative release for march or april 22. Mikkleson as Thrawn and that other guy cast as Ezra Bridger ,and no doubt someone cast as Sabine Wren, will have a part in it

and ANDOR (Cassian Andor- rebel spy and assassin from ROGUE 1) with same actor and Alan Tudyk at some point cast to reprise his droid pal, tentative air in early 22

the YT peeps are still talking about some "secret" series to come out in 22. one that is being made alongside-thus "hidden"- like a 'black ops project'- the other shows. No idea on that, not banking on it

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The problem is that the line in original Star Wars is pretty specific - when they last met Obi Wan was the Master and Anakin the learner but now it is reversed. The safest course of action is not to have them physically meet because any explanation of it will inevitably be a stretch.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The problem is that the line in original Star Wars is pretty specific - when they last met Obi Wan was the Master and Anakin the learner but now it is reversed. The safest course of action is not to have them physically meet because any explanation of it will inevitably be a stretch.
anakin/vader was never proclaimed as a 'master' .any awarding of the title by palpatine would be meaningless. there are 20 yrs of all kinds of events we have not seen occurring between eps 3 and 4; REBELS and BAD BATCH and ROGUE 1 only scratches the surface. so much more did happen. Kenobi didn't just sit in his hut on Tatooine and gaze at his navel

it doesn't matter.. just watch what they produce for crying out loud (already)!! :)

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
May 25th premiere
hayden christensen oh god I hope we don't get the same person as the one in attack of the clones where he just hit puberty.
FLL5jrHWUAYmajm

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yay! Looking forward to it. I've been enjoying The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, so I have similar expectations for this. Plus, for some reason I kinda always liked the Obi-Wan character in the movies, both origin trilogy and the middle trilogy.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Yay! Looking forward to it. I've been enjoying The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, so I have similar expectations for this. Plus, for some reason I kinda always liked the Obi-Wan character in the movies, both origin trilogy and the middle trilogy.
Mandalorian feels like I am watching Star Wars. I have stopped following the negative opinions of Nerdrotic and Midnight's Edge and Doomcock because all they seem to talk about it is Kathleen Kennedy being fired and Discovery being shit and Doctor Who being rubbish. It kinda gets annoying hearing that on a constant basis. What are your thoughts on that? I don't like either of those shows so I don't watch it that's all, just like with Universe.

This is the behind the scenes of some of the shots

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzBxHNHYm6I

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Mandalorian feels like I am watching Star Wars. I have stopped following the negative opinions of Nerdrotic and Midnight's Edge and Doomcock because all they seem to talk about it is Kathleen Kennedy being fired and Discovery being shit and Doctor Who being rubbish. It kinda gets annoying hearing that on a constant basis. What are your thoughts on that? I don't like either of those shows so I don't watch it that's all, just like with Universe.

I stopped watching doom dick a long time ago, almost immediately in the grand scheme of things. Though I must admit, for a very short while, I was intrigued. I just don't have room in my life for that kind of naysayers. If someone wants to watch their crap, that's up to them, and fine by me. I prefer not to poison my mental habitat with negativity for the sake of negativity. In the end, these are bloody TV shows we're talking about, not matters of life and death. I can imagine that some people who really love certain shows or movies could be very disappointed by new shows and movies which depict things in ways that don't completely match with their expectations. Such people would probably consider me to have "rose tinted glasses" on. In reality, it's not me, it's them having black tinted glasses on. They are impacted by their own disappointment so much, that they can't help but search for every little thing they could possibly nitpick on, and then they blow those things completely out of proportion. They are simply beyond reason. Take Star Trek: Discovery for example. It is perfectly possible to watch this show and be entertained. It's perfectly possible to watch this show and feel like you're watching Star Trek. Those who say otherwise, are lost. They don't have objectivity. If they were really honest and looked at the "original Star Trek shows" with the same eyes and scrutiny as they do the new show, there would be endless things to bitch about. But they have an image in their mind of what Star Trek is and what it's supposed to be which exists only in their mind, and what they see in Discovery doesn't match with that. Granted, the first season of Discovery didn't start the show off in the best way, and there is plenty of criticism to be bestowed there. But since then, the show has really changed for the better. Some people are just not willing to see it, not willing to give the show another chance. The damage is done and their opinion cannot be changed. In a way, I feel sad for those people. But at least I have the solace that I am able to watch the show with enjoyment. If one were to scientifically dissect the original Star Trek shows into their base elements, taking into consideration the time periods in which those shows were released, and then do the same for Discovery, the only possible sensible conclusion, is that Discovery follows the same patterns, poured into a format which is acceptable in the current day TV landscape, and in fact IS Star Trek. Don't let the haters get you. Broaden your mind.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

And yes, watching The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett certainly feels like watching Star Wars to me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least the Inquisitors don't have blue hair and look like Twitter activists...

Seriously they look fine to me.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
At least the Inquisitors don't have blue hair and look like Twitter activists...

Seriously they look fine to me.
me too

i think most of the whining is about the grand inquisitor- no yellow eyes. i mean, that would not have been that hard to do.. but anyhow...

people will always complain. i am sure the 'fandom' will be hitting it hard too

"woke kenobi!!" :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually fandom likes the trailer, or at least Doomcock does.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
As I noted here a while ago, Doomcock parted ways with the rest of what was called Fandom Menace a bit over a year ago because he felt all they did was endlessly complain and would not give praise when something good was done. He has been the most optimistic and has the most balanced tone of any of them - and he also scrupulously keeps politics out of his stuff.