OBI WAN KENOBI

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ewan McGregor will be reprising the role of Obi Wan

we all knew it was coming so here it is---

seems they are taking the script for the planned Obi Wan film-axed after Solo, and expanding on that.

this guy does a pretty good job and gives some pretty good explanations for what the series can and cant do (per canon)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ewan McGregor will be reprising the role of Obi Wan

we all knew it was coming so here it is---

seems they are taking the script for the planned Obi Wan film-axed after Solo, and expanding on that.

this guy does a pretty good job and gives some pretty good explanations for what the series can and cant do (per canon)

THIS, is something I can look forward to! And with Ewan McGregor no less! At this point, even Jar Jar Binks would be a welcome sight to me. I am completely not feeling Kylo Ren, Rey, Poe, Rose Tico or any of the characters in the sequel trilogy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
THIS, is something I can look forward to! And with Ewan McGregor no less! At this point, even Jar Jar Binks would be a welcome sight to me. I am completely not feeling Kylo Ren, Rey, Poe, Rose Tico or any of the characters in the sequel trilogy.

i think it best--and have for a long while now, to just treat this new trilogy as a outlier --especially if they do some time travel thing COP OUT

then completion of the tale is there for those who want to see it, if you are 'complete' with ROTJ being the end, then so be it

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

this is one story that has been begging to be told for awhile. there is a huge hole with a major character between eps 3 and 4-with the exception of his brief appearance in REBELS, which is more of a cameo one

the canon so far will force them to be creative, lets hope they don't get creative in a bad way

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
timeline set to coincide with SOLO. this means if Maul is in it, which I am sure he will be, he will be the head of Crimson Dawn

they probably will not show Kenobi and Maul together, when Kenobi killed Maul (for good this time) in REBELS, the two talking indicated that they had not seen each other since Phantom Menace

but, it wasn't definitive, so there is space for a face to face I suppose

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
he really appreciates his role as well. did you see when they handed him the LS, he knew immediately whose it was designed after? he said, "this was Alec Guinness' "

sure, you say, any ST geek would know that, but as the actor he seems quite up to speed on the details of his character-one he hasn't played for a long while.

most actors just dont seem to care once they are off set.

in contrast i wonder if he would immediately recognize the flyrod of Dr. Alfred Jones?

there are other actors like him who really study their roles, are fans of what the are doing. Like the way Christopher Lee was with LOTR's and his study of swordplay for the SW's pre-quels

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
a bit of info on some of the concept

seems we will be getting a VADER STORY within this as well

one concept art scene on Vader-flashback- on his JEdi temple slaughter. we may also just get to see who it was who saved Grogu

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
a bit of info on some of the concept

seems we will be getting a VADER STORY within this as well

one concept art scene on Vader-flashback- on his JEdi temple slaughter. we may also just get to see who it was who saved Grogu

I am hopeful for this, but how are they going to get a whole series with Obi-Wan without also having Anakin in it? Until Anakin, Obi-Wan was a Padawan. Why not go all the way and hire Hayden to do Anakin?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
hire Hayden to do Anakin?
reportedly they have
the post you replied to has the video that describes some concept art released by disney. one of them has an audio description of Anakin/Vader (limited edition not in a suit and mask Vader mind you :) ) fighting some unk jedi during his slaughter in the jedi temple on Coruscant

some rumor has it Hayden will be playing both a younger Vader in flashback and a later but pre EP4 version of Vader in real time

some sources say it will be 6 eps some say 4.. in any case its a limited series

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Temuera Morrison is apparently set to play CDR Cody and CPT Rex in this series in flashback(?)

he is set to be,so far, in 3 SW's shows as multiple characters

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They need to be VERY careful that Vader never meets Kenobi in the show as that would directly contradict the original Star Wars. The current thinking is Vader will be present in Kenobi's dreams more or less.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Any idea of when this will be available for viewing?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They need to be VERY careful that Vader never meets Kenobi in the show as that would directly contradict the original Star Wars. The current thinking is Vader will be present in Kenobi's dreams more or less.
there is a way FROM ON SCREEN CANON that either path can be taken. a face to face meeting or through the force via a "force bond" as other jedi's with close connections have been shown to have (like Dooku with Yoda, Qui Gon with Kenobi)

playing off of spoken lines by Vader in both NEW HOPE and ROTJ we have "room" for either case. In NEW HOPE "I have felt that presence since..." is open ended. "since" can be anytime

in ROTJ, when Vader is dueling Luke and telling him how Kenobi once thought like Luke did, that he could win Vader back to the light side.. well, there is no on screen record of that.

Whichever way, I suspect many people will not be happy and have something to complain about