Why Do You Live Where You Do

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Au contraire, my muscled friend! The phrase "I am a Pisces" can be said as "I was born at [insert date specific alignment of celestial bodies at the time of my conception], and given that gravitational forces affect liquids and matter, I share common traits with others conceived at similar alignments". So, its scientific too. :)

Err
Western Astrology relies on BIRTH date buddy, not conception time :D
(methinks you mixed some words bro :P )

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:icon_lol: Just a short stretch of South Beach. Those little hotels have been there since the place was built with drug money.

...............And looking at them I assume they are still paid for the same way :laughing:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
...............And looking at them I assume they are still paid for the same way :laughing:

Meh, real estate is in the toilet in South Florida, it's a buyer's dream. Million dollar condos going for pennies on the dollar. If there's drug money funding anything anymore down there, it isn't obvious. :icon_lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Meh, real estate is in the toilet in South Florida, it's a buyer's dream. Million dollar condos going for pennies on the dollar. If there's drug money funding anything anymore down there, it isn't obvious. :icon_lol:

Yeah, I look at housing prices in the US and sorta sigh. We may have cool beaches and aweome mountains no more than an hour away, but goddamn do we pay for them. Average rent on a property in the BURB's, let alone the city is pushing 4-500 hundred a week, buying a *house* is more like half a mill, and thats just for a 3 or 4 bedroom single story property in the same area.

Bluce Ree

Yeah, I look at housing prices in the US and sorta sigh. We may have cool beaches and aweome mountains no more than an hour away, but goddamn do we pay for them. Average rent on a property in the BURB's, let alone the city is pushing 4-500 hundred a week, buying a *house* is more like half a mill, and thats just for a 3 or 4 bedroom single story property in the same area.

Is that in dollary-doos or American bucks?

Bluce Ree

Considering "Aussie-Roos" are all but on parity to the greenback these days, does it matter??

You're absolutely right. A home for half a mil isn't bad but that depends on the home. What kind of real estate are we talking about?

Half a mil gets you a small mansion or a large beach front condo these days in south Florida. Tons of bank owned properties ready to be dumped cheap.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Let me put it this way Bluce my good man, If you wanted to wake up to the beach views I posted earlier, bring at least 2-3 mill along, you may get a 2 room apartment for it :P :D

Bluce Ree

Let me put it this way Bluce my good man, If you wanted to wake up to the beach views I posted earlier, bring at least 2-3 mill along, you may get a 2 room apartment for it :P :D

Where did that crying icon go? :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
On the upside mate, most people out here live no more than an hour away from the beach (traffic dependant of course), so it's not that bad if you don't have to wake up to that kind of view.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
You're absolutely right. A home for half a mil isn't bad but that depends on the home. What kind of real estate are we talking about?

Half a mil gets you a small mansion or a large beach front condo these days in south Florida. Tons of bank owned properties ready to be dumped cheap.

oh yeah with the housing market crashing on the coasts (not so bad here in indy!) we have been considering a "vacation" home -- so FL is cheap right now eh? other than hurricane season I'm game! beats the snow! :D:D

Bluce Ree

oh yeah with the housing market crashing on the coasts (not so bad here in indy!) we have been considering a "vacation" home -- so FL is cheap right now eh? other than hurricane season I'm game! beats the snow! :D:D

So far, hurricanes have passed south FL and gone straight up to the Carolinas and right through to NYC this year. I've been there through a couple hurricane seasons and I can't complain. :D

G

Graybrew1

Hey Om1, I am a Pisces too. Nearest beach for Ocean is hour and a half away. But the canal is five minutes away.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Err
Western Astrology relies on BIRTH date buddy, not conception time :D
(methinks you mixed some words bro :P )

Dude, you know my leanings towards Bhuddism...I use Vedic astrology (which is based on conception time). :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey Om1, I am a Pisces too. Nearest beach for Ocean is hour and a half away. But the canal is five minutes away.

You're a Pisces too? HOW COOL! Several Pisceans here....:)

S

Stonelesscutter

Aaaaaa screw Pisces. Cancers FTW!
(that sounds so strange and wrong)