Why Do You Live Where You Do

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I Live here in the Toronto area in Canada because of this view very close to my house .

Photo1439.jpg

Photo1435.jpg

Photo1434.jpg

Photo1433.jpg

Photo1432.jpg

Photo1430.jpg

The white dog is mine . She is half lab , half husky . She is a handful but a lot of fun just the same

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I Live here in the Toronto area in Canada because of this view very close to my house .

Photo1439.jpg

Photo1435.jpg

Photo1434.jpg

Photo1433.jpg

Photo1432.jpg

Photo1430.jpg

The white dog is mine . She is half lab , half husky . She is a handful but a lot of fun just the same

Same reason!

I have posted pictures of my beach views here. :) I recently moved from right on the coast, but I am still less than a mile from the beach and still have an ocean view. :) I love being near the water because Im a Pisces, and it calms me. Walking in the sand and contemplating the shores upon which the water is also lapping against is very mind expanding.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
This does have an upside!

I live in the flat lands of Indiana because my brilliant hubby got a PhD in chemistry from Purdue University and then worked there for a few years before taking a job with a major pharmaceutical company (i live in INDIANA...so you KNOW which one! :P) and moving us to the Indianapolis 'burbs. I am an east coast girl (born and raised in maine) and I miss the oceans and the mountains terribly. the flat lands have a lot of corn and soybeans. :P we actually met at BYU in provo Utah so moving here was even more of a shock...went from gorgeous DRY mountains to the hot and humid flatlands! I miss the ocean (but hubby buys me lobstaaah 4X a year! ) and mountains although I enjoy sitting in my family room staring at the pond behind the house. loads of ducks and trees so it's a change from cornfields! My one consolation is that home prices are much better here than either coast! We have a HUGE house! ;)

@ tripler we go lake michigan several times each summer...I can almost convince myself it's the ocean...as long as I don't sniff too hard...it does not smell like the ocean...too oily smelling IMHO. ;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Hey hey OM1 . I am a Pisces also . I live for the sound of the waves . I also go down there in the winter time . It is still beautiful in the cold . I am still jealous of you for living so close to the ocean :) :) :)

Rac . I am sorry you are not near a large body of water but you do have a wonderful pond by the sounds of things and lots of nature near by so it sounds like a very calming place also :) :) :) I just had to share these pics as they just make feel good to look at them and I can't wait for the next Friday ( my wifes day off ) when my wife and I and my dog Kelly will frolic on the beach once more .

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Beach, Beach BEACH!!
You seriously need to visit our beaches if you love the beach, Our beaches Kick much bottom :D
I will have to give it to my northen (Queensland) brothers for having the best beaches, but we do have some damn fine ones down here in NSW as well:

Bondi Beach:

2_bondi-beach.jpg

005_Bondi%20beach.jpg

Bondi%20Beach.jpg

Manly Beach:

manly.jpg

Curl Curl Beach:

curlcurl.jpg

Dee Why Beach:

dee-why-beach.jpg

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok , you win . You have the biggest beaches I have ever seen . :) :) :) I kinda like a beach with a little less people around though .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Beach, Beach BEACH!!
You seriously need to visit our beaches if you love the beach, Our beaches Kick much bottom :D
I will have to give it to my northen (Queensland) brothers for having the best beaches, but we do have some damn fine ones down here in NSW as well:

Bondi Beach:

2_bondi-beach.jpg

005_Bondi%20beach.jpg

Bondi%20Beach.jpg

Manly Beach:

manly.jpg

Curl Curl Beach:

curlcurl.jpg

Dee Why Beach:

dee-why-beach.jpg

OMG, now THOSE are beaches!!!! They look like they are in Tahiti or something!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gold cost has the best:

793_Surfer%20Paradise%20coast%20line%20at%20Gold%20Coast.jpg

Seriously though Tripler, you would love to come out here and cruise something like "the coast road" on your bike, hundreds of miles of georgous beaches, some barely touched by people.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
OMG, now THOSE are beaches!!!! They look like they are in Tahiti or something!

40-60 minutes away from home my good man, of course, then you go the other direction for 60 odd minutes and you get the total opposite (and more my thing)

The Beautiful Blue Mountains:

Blue_Mountains_Australia.jpg

blue-mountains.jpg

blue-mountains-sydney-cable-car.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gold cost has the best:

793_Surfer Paradise coast line at Gold Coast.jpg

Seriously though Tripler, you would love to come out here and cruise something like "the coast road" on your bike, hundreds of miles of georgous beaches, some barely touched by people.

*sigh*

That one looks a little like Miami. :). The buildings are much taller and there is no barrier between the water and the buildings. No hurricanes or typhoons ever?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
40-60 minutes away from home my good man, of course, then you go the other direction for 60 odd minutes and you get the total opposite (and more my thing)

The Beautiful Blue Mountains:

Blue_Mountains_Australia.jpg

blue-mountains.jpg

blue-mountains-sydney-cable-car.jpg

Those remind me of parts of Colorado and New Mexico. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
*sigh*

That one looks a little like Miami. :). The buildings are much taller and there is no barrier between the water and the buildings. No hurricanes or typhoons ever?

Very Rarely. You get them generally more in the Northern Teritory. The East Coast of Aus is pretty mild when it comes to such things, but we do have some pretty hardcore storms on occasion, I'm no meterorologist or Geographer or Oceanographer, but I THINK it has something to do with where we are placed and our inherent geography that pretty much prevents natural disasters such as them.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
okay guys I have beach envy! :P :P I miss the rocky coast of maine and the sandy beaches of florida. the good part is --I always have somewhere fun to go on vacation! :D:D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
okay guys I have beach envy! :P :P I miss the rocky coast of maine and the sandy beaches of florida. the good part is --I always have somewhere fun to go on vacation! :D:D

*Engage mesmer stare

You must all come to Australia, you must ALL come to Australia :laughing:
Seriously, I recall everyone wanting me to cook a barbeque for them anyway :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Same reason!

I have posted pictures of my beach views here. :) I recently moved from right on the coast, but I am still less than a mile from the beach and still have an ocean view. :) I love being near the water because Im a Pisces, and it calms me. Walking in the sand and contemplating the shores upon which the water is also lapping against is very mind expanding.

Oh, dude! All that skepticism you've expressed with the current sciences and religion in other threads yet astrology snares you. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, dude! All that skepticism you've expressed with the current sciences and religion in other threads yet astrology snares you. :icon_lol:

Au contraire, my muscled friend! The phrase "I am a Pisces" can be said as "I was born at [insert date specific alignment of celestial bodies at the time of my conception], and given that gravitational forces affect liquids and matter, I share common traits with others conceived at similar alignments". So, its scientific too. :)

Bluce Ree

Weather, people, palm trees, beaches, cost of living, accessibility to the Caribbean, inexpensive flights and waking up every morning to this view from the foot of my bed:

IMG-20110220-00077.jpg

I've been out of South Florida for a little over a week now and I'm already homesick. :(

IMG-8975_1.jpg Miami_Beach_Real_estate1.jpg miami-beach-fla138.jpg

Bluce Ree

Au contraire, my muscled friend! The phrase "I am a Pisces" can be said as "I was born at [insert date specific alignment of celestial bodies at the time of my conception], and given that gravitational forces affect liquids and matter, I share common traits with others conceived at similar alignments". So, its scientific too. :)

I'm a Sagittarius. Aside from being half-horse from the waist down part, which is a great opening line when you meet someone, not a whole lot of what it says here seems like me:

http://www.astrology-online.com/sagittar.htm

I guess some of those attributes could describe me to a tee but it seems so vaguely generalized. That being said, I found this kind of interesting:

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sagittarius governs the hips, thighs and sacral area; subjects suffer from ailments of the hips and thighs and are liable to sciatica and rheumatism.[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Maybe there are some shared traits among those born around the same period for the reasons you said. :)