The Walking Dead - How would YOU handle Lori?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Giving us a place where based on another thread we can comment on how WE would "take care" of Lori in The Walking Dead:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Me, I still favor having them try having rick and Walker-Lori trying to have a normal relationship. After all, with the soapy tendencies of the show it is where they should be heading....

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
How about if she gives birth to a zombie baby? Sorry, I'm thinking outside the box I guess. :icon_e_wink:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
How about if she gives birth to a zombie baby? Sorry, I'm thinking outside the box I guess. :icon_e_wink:

Not bad. Then we can have a spinoff series called "At Home with the Dead"....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Hmmm...wondering if the baby is stillborn in the womb, does it still turn into a zombie, and then what? Does it eat its way out?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yet ANOTHER TWD thread... borderline spamming shit here.

This one concentrates on Lori though! She warrants her own thread, dont you think? She is the singularly most annoying character in this show. This is a show that you should LOVE to hate. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually she is one of the most annoying characters period! Regardless of show almost.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually she is one of the most annoying characters period! Regardless of show almost.

She has Chloe from SGU beat by a longshot.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
For the show I'd simply love to see her get eaten alive by a hoard of zombies. She deserves no less.

In real life though if I found myself in a situation like this with a Lori type I would simply leave her behind. The way I see it is that she's a trouble maker that makes life hard for everyone around her. In a survival situation someone like this is a HUGE liability -- a willful liability. We're not talking about someone who is mentally or physically handicapped who is a genuinely nice person and who deserves to be taken care of, no, we're talking about someone that is willfully, purposely devious and as destructive as a cancer cell running amok in the blood stream. That shit needs to be excised right quick!

And I would also leave behind her dumb ass husband and/or sig other because if that person is so stupid that they would sanction the existence of such a horrible person they too would be a liability to the survival of the group. Put them all on an "ice floe" and leave them to drift away to oblivion.

Bottom line: Lori = zombie chum. :winking0052:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
She has Chloe from SGU beat by a longshot.

At least Chloe was, like, ya know, good with numbers and stuff after she, like, got abducted by those aliens that looked like gummy fish and, like, ya know, they made her super smart and like, she knew her way around a brass pole and, like, ya know...

img_4722x.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For the show I'd simply love to see her get eaten alive by a hoard of zombies. She deserves no less.

In real life though if I found myself in a situation like this with a Lori type I would simply leave her behind. The way I see it is that she's a trouble maker that makes life hard for everyone around her. In a survival situation someone like this is a HUGE liability -- a willful liability. We're not talking about someone who is mentally or physically handicapped who is a genuinely nice person and who deserves to be taken care of, no, we're talking about someone that is willfully, purposely devious and as destructive as a cancer cell running amok in the blood stream. That shit needs to be excised right quick!

And I would also leave behind her dumb ass husband and/or sig other because if that person is so stupid that they would sanction the existence of such a horrible person they too would be a liability to the survival of the group. Put them all on an "ice floe" and leave them to drift away to oblivion.

Bottom line: Lori = zombie chum. :winking0052:

Hahahahaha! Still laughing at that one! :laughing::smiley-laughing024:

I would try to always get Lori to go on the most dangerous missions, send her out alone, and maybe trap a walker in a room and tell Lori that her son is in that room sick. There would be passive-aggressive remarks on a daily, no, hourly basis from me. Sudden under the breath comments with her in earshot like "what the hell is she good for?". When she says "What did you say?" I would just say "What. What. Did I say something. What?". :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At least Chloe was, like, ya know, good with numbers and stuff after she, like, got abducted by those aliens that looked like gummy fish and, like, ya know, they made her super smart and like, she knew her way around a brass pole and, like, ya know...

View attachment 7707

Chloe is HOT compared to Lori. Im sorry, but the actress Sarah Wayne Callies is just TOO DAMNED SKINNY. I mean beyond anorexic, bordering on crank whore skinny. Elyse Levesque is at least attractive. This is just my opinion! If the situation presented itself, I would not toss Elyse out of my bed, but I would toss Sarah out before she reached the bedroom. :D

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
This one concentrates on Lori though! She warrants her own thread, dont you think? She is the singularly most annoying character in this show. This is a show that you should LOVE to hate. :)
i actually despise it so much that i refuse to talk about it or give it any unnecesary attention, i consider EVERYONE who watches it to be sub human and beyond retarded and a burden on humanity that should be disposed of ASAP and as such participating in these threads and seeing them pop up all over is EXTREMLY offputting to me to say the least.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Chloe is HOT compared to Lori. Im sorry, but the actress Sarah Wayne Callies is just TOO DAMNED SKINNY. I mean beyond anorexic, bordering on crank whore skinny. Elyse Levesque is at least attractive. This is just my opinion! If the situation presented itself, I would not toss Elyse out of my bed, but I would toss Sarah out before she reached the bedroom. :D

I love how Daryl referred to Lori as Olive Oyl last season. Talk about perfect writing! :icon_e_biggrin:

tumblr_mbe8dcspNF1qc3g2p.jpg

OMNI

yeah sure if you are into the downs syndrome look.... seriously the above statement of yours actually made me sick

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
i actually despise it so much that i refuse to talk about it or give it any unnecesary attention, i consider EVERYONE who watches it to be sub human and beyond retarded and a burden on humanity that should be disposed of ASAP and as such participating in these threads and seeing them pop up all over is EXTREMLY offputting to me to say the least.

I would agree that most serious discussions of TWD are completely useless and lame, but there's something to be said about hating on the show, mostly because it's so bad that it truly deserves to be ripped apart. It's a form of catharsis which is a healthy thing and goes all the way back to Aristotle (so it's gotta be good for your soul, man).

Look, the way I see it is that silence = sanction and if we just sit back and ignore all the gushing and squeeing over this show then we are somewhat to blame for the world becoming a worse place to live; incrementally, inch by inch, episode by shitty episode as our standards of aesthetics erodes day after day. Complacency is a crime and it needs to be rooted out whenever possible otherwise it becomes entrenched. Hell, the fact that this show is so successful proves that it's wrong to sit back and say nothing and simply ignore the problem. Speak truth to power, man! Don't be a sheep!
:sinner::biggrin:

OMNI

fair point and i agree with you but i just cant be bothered to waste my energy hating on something much easier and energy conserving to just ignore.

OMNI

besides this show is so f'cking terrible that id be sure to have an anurism if i let the hate flow on it or if i had to watch it in order to be sufficiently informed and hate it proffesionally. :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget we flayed SGU into little bits. Surely this dopey display merits similar treatment.