The Quote Thread

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Yeah I have feeling that you can pretty much guess what this thread is supposed to be about. Just post quotes you like, no more complicated than that.

Anyway, I'll start us off with:

"Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought."
-Sir Robert Menzies

"Human beings will find a balanced situation when they do good things not because God says it, but because they feel like doing them."
-Olof Palme

Red Mage

Boney
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before"

~Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before"

~Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"

For real...

Ignorance isn't a trait, it's a skill. ______ is a very skillful woman/man.
- Sam Aragon

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
"Deal with it" - said to my daughter by her mother! ;)

"put on your big girl panties and deal with it" Said to my sisters by me!:D

"no one can make you feel inferior without your premission" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

"if I offend someone by accident...it's a SLOW day"....said by the infamous Rac80! :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
"Time goes by, reputation increases, ability declines."
-Dag Hammarskjöld

"It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool."
-Eleventh Doctor

"I know that thinking isn't exactly your strongest suit, but can't you just do your best and hope for a miracle?"
-Me to a buddy when he was having trouble with school work (I'm just messing with him).

S

Stonelesscutter

"A little knowledge is dangerous,
so is a lot."
- Albert Einstein

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
"i can only pelase one person a day-- today is NOT your day" seen a secretary's desk...;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
"that shirt doesn't go with your orange sneakers "-- said to my hubby while I was sleep-talking....about 10 years ago- he still laughs about it! :P

G

Graybrew1

I like my sigs quote. And some other's:

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
- Mark Twain

Who is wise? He that learns from everyone. Who is powerful? He that governs his passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody.
- Benjamin Franklin

From two of my favorite people to learn from.

S

Stonelesscutter

I like my sigs quote. And some other's:

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
- Mark Twain

Who is wise? He that learns from everyone. Who is powerful? He that governs his passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody.
- Benjamin Franklin

From two of my favorite people to learn from.

So put the quote you have in your sig down here, coz if you ever change your sig it'll be lost.
It's one that deserves to be preserved for posterity. ;)

G

Graybrew1

So put the quote you have in your sig down here, coz if you ever change your sig it'll be lost.
It's one that deserves to be preserved for posterity. ;)

Agreed.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." Leo Tolstoy

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"Dreams are a great thing, but you know something, they take a lot of energy. But that's O.K. There's a job waiting for you down the block from your house that doesn't require a thought in your head or a hope in your heart. So come on down and work for the artificial flower factory. Why fight it? Okay? Thank you."

"Doctor" Iris Puffybush, giving a less-than-impassioned speech about the benefits of settling for a career at the Eterna-Spring Artificial Flower factory. "Strangers With Candy"

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
"The rights of democracy are not reserved for a select group within society, they are the rights of all the people."
---
"My generation is haunted by the images of the Jewish children in the ghettos and the concentration camps. The crimes committed against them caused us grief that haunts us through our lives. But for the very same raison d'être we feel outraged by the images of persecuted Palestinian children, and this time it is Israel that is responsible for the offenses."
---
"Our solidarity with our fellow humans must not let itself be limited to different political systems. An imprisoned union leader is an imprisoned union leader, no matter if it takes place in Guatemala or Poland or Turkey. A burning village is a burning village, no matter if it is terrorbombed in El Salvador or Afghanistan."
---
"Werner [Swedish communist leader] is getting used to publicly denouncing the misdeeds of his fellow party members around the World. But he should perhaps start asking himself if it is not Leninism itself that is to blame."
---
"We encounter single human stories in a terrifyingly simple way. We see images of pain and torture, of mutilated children, mutilated people… Our reaction is compassion, a feeling agitated by senseless suffering. Because crime is always a crime, and terror is always terror, even it's done in the name of high goals and principles. It is an illusion to believe that you can meet the demands of social justice with violence and military might."

-Olof Palme

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.
Bob Marley

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!
Bob Marley

In fact, if Christ himself stood in my way, I, like Nietzsche, would not hesitate to squish him like a worm
Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.
Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

Red Mage

Boney
Classic VG quote

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk...have at you!"

~Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

S

Stonelesscutter

"I love it when a plan comes together." - Hannibal Smith