Terra Nova

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I'm annoyed now. I can't say without giving away spoilers but really, how can people this dumb survive? Argh!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Okay, I'm annoyed now. I can't say without giving away spoilers but really, how can people this dumb survive? Argh!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Probably not. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

SciphonicStranger

I was going to ask where a raptor was when you needed one but I guess I got that question answered. ;)

I was wondering if there were going to be any dinos in this episode at all. I thought maybe the special effects budget was gone.

G

Graybrew1

There was a lot of drama in this, but a decent amount of Military mumbo jumbo too.
I wonder what is in the Box? :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
There was a lot of drama in this, but a decent amount of Military mumbo jumbo too.
I wonder what is in the Box? :P

A bottle of tequila?

S

Stonelesscutter

You know these Sixers are starting to annoy me a bit. If they are from the same time in the future as the others from Terra Nova then why do they look like they came from a remake of Mad Max or like wearing war paint? :PThey look dirtier and unkemp and yet they have kick butt tech just like the others.:confused:

They live out in the jungle so their facilities aren't quite up to par. The war paint is to blend in better with the surroundings. Ofcourse it's also to make them look rough. :) Whatever weapons and technology they have they stole from Terra Nova.

S

Stonelesscutter

What I'm wondering about is. If the sixers were sent from the future to get rid of the commander, then why did they steal a bunch of stuff and run off into the jungle instead of simply busting a cap in his @$$?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What I'm wondering about is. If the sixers were sent from the future to get rid of the commander, then why did they steal a bunch of stuff and run off into the jungle instead of simply busting a cap in his @$$?

Because the plot is complex and deep and mysterious. ;)

G

Graybrew1

They live out in the jungle so their facilities aren't quite up to par. The war paint is to blend in better with the surroundings. Ofcourse it's also to make them look rough. :) Whatever weapons and technology they have they stole from Terra Nova.

They had some of them that were using sticks to keep their hair up. Are they using chopsticks? LOL. They totally don't fit in more with three yellow stripes on their cheek. She just looks like Sheena of the Jungle. :rolleyes:

S

Stonelesscutter

They had some of them that were using sticks to keep their hair up. Are they using chopsticks? LOL. They totally don't fit in more with three yellow stripes on their cheek. She just looks like Sheena of the Jungle. :rolleyes:

They're just trying to cover up those pretty faces so they don't look too pretty for jungleboys. :P
Who's Sheena? Do I want to know her? :D

SciphonicStranger

How's this show going? Can't decide if I should catch up, is it worth it?

I'm predicting cancellation but it sometimes has dinos in it so who knows.

S

Stonelesscutter

How's this show going? Can't decide if I should catch up, is it worth it?

I think it is.
It's a lot more interesting than Falling Skies was in the beginning. And all the haters turned into lovers on that one in the end.

At the very least watch the pilot episode and see if you like it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm predicting cancellation but it sometimes has dinos in it so who knows.

Im kinda with you on this. I think I would have liked it better if I hadnt gotten into Primeval first. I dont like the premise of Terra Nova, and the characters are starting to annoy me. I also predict cancellation, but the last episode was decent. I just dont see long-term potential for this show.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm kind of on the fence about it, don't really care either way if it succeeds or fails. The way I see it is that productions of this size ultimately fail due to the high costs associated with said production. Huge casts. Location shooting. SFX. It all adds up. Plus if story lines aren't resolved in a timely fashion fans tend to drop off as they find the endless drama tedious.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm kind of on the fence about it, don't really care either way if it succeeds or fails. The way I see it is that productions of this size ultimately fail due to the high costs associated with said production. Huge casts. Location shooting. SFX. It all adds up. Plus if story lines aren't resolved in a timely fashion fans tend to drop off as they find the endless drama tedious.

Yep, WHY do these writers keep thinking that fans want to see so much drama? I look at a show with lots of drama like Breaking Bad and wonder why it works in that show and not in science fiction. I know why I dont like it in my science fiction, but I like it fine in Breaking Bad. I am waiting patiently for Falling Skies to return. They had started moving into drama, but then shifted back to action towards the finale and I loved it!

The story lines need to stay fresh. In Falling Skies, the whole thing between Hal and the blonde girl that got taken and turned into a skitter/harness kid just dragged things down. In SGU, it was Scott and Chloe and Eli on his "losing my vrginity" quest that killed it in a big way.