Terra Nova

G

Graybrew1

I was getting angry at the tv for playing the damned ep. I couldn't sit through it without channel surfing most of the time.

So you did not see the green egg with black spots on it?
I was waiting for Wilma to crack it open for Pebbles. ;):P

Lame.

S

Stonelesscutter

I just watched this ep. Wasn't bored at all. One thing I find weird about this show is that they just stroll around outside the gate or drive their offroad vehicles while there's big freaking monsters on the loose. There were even people on motorcycles. :facepalm:
Regarding this episode there wasn't really a murder. That dumb fu@# got his ass killed simply because he was acting like a dumb fu@#.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just watched this ep. Wasn't bored at all. One thing I find weird about this show is that they just stroll around outside the gate or drive their offroad vehicles while there's big freaking monsters on the loose. There were even people on motorcycles. :facepalm:
Regarding this episode there wasn't really a murder. That dumb fu@# got his ass killed simply because he was acting like a dumb fu@#.

Um...did we watch the same episode? In the one I watched the guy was definitely murdered. That's kind of why the other soldier was cast out of the camp at the end. You might want to re-watch it, but that isn't an order, just a suggestion. :D

G

Graybrew1

Um...did we watch the same episode? In the one I watched the guy was definitely murdered. That's kind of why the other soldier was cast out of the camp at the end. You might want to re-watch it, but that isn't an order, just a suggestion. :D

Yes, that is how I saw it too.
Once was enough for me. So, I am sticking with that. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Somebody trapped a dinosaur in a room and that guy that died was stupid enough to be nonchalant about opening the door. He heard some weird sound coming from inside before he did. Then he started talking asking if it was his friend. There was no response. He's on a planet supposedly riddled with dinos. He's a soldier. There was plenty of reason for him to be suspicious of the situation. But he just went and opened it anyway. Not reporting upfront there was something suspicous going on even though he got off his radio with homebase a second or two before. Death by ignorance. That's what it is. The guy that got banished for murder was guilty of nothing more than trapping a dinosaur. Now I don't know if there's a gaming commission on Terra Nova but I think murder is a little far fetched.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Somebody trapped a dinosaur in a room and that guy that died was stupid enough to be nonchalant about opening the door. He heard some weird sound coming from inside before he did. Then he started talking asking if it was his friend. There was no response. He's on a planet supposedly riddled with dinos. He's a soldier. There was plenty of reason for him to be suspicious of the situation. But he just went and opened it anyway. Not reporting upfront there was something suspicous going on even though he got off his radio with homebase a second or two before. Death by ignorance. That's what it is. The guy that got banished for murder was guilty of nothing more than trapping a dinosaur. Now I don't know if there's a gaming commission on Terra Nova but I think murder is a little far fetched.

All I'll say is I want you on my jury when the time comes. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

All I'll say is I want you on my jury when the time comes. ;)

I think you'd have to do a crime of international proportions to warrant being tried by the International Tribunal in the Hague. Something like being the leader of a warparty involved in slaughtering innocent civilians or such. But knowing you I guess that idea shouldn't be completely discarded. :)

Anyway. Say you didn't like some guy named Marty. And you'd put a rifle somewhere you know Marty is going to be facing at where he will be standing. And that rifle has a string attached to the trigger. The string is led to where Marty would be through an ingenious system of pulleys, all of which is clearly visible. At the end of the string is a note that says "Marty, don't pull this string". Now say Marty saw all that and then decided to pull the string anyway and got his head blown off. Who killed Marty? Did you kill him or did he kill himself?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I think you'd have to do a crime of international proportions to warrant being tried by the International Tribunal in the Hague. Something like being the leader of a warparty involved in slaughtering innocent civilians or such. But knowing you I guess that idea shouldn't be completely discarded. :)

Anyway. Say you didn't like some guy named Marty. And you'd put a rifle somewhere you know Marty is going to be facing at where he will be standing. And that rifle has a string attached to the trigger. The string is led to where Marty would be through an ingenious system of pulleys, all of which is clearly visible. At the end of the string is a note that says "Marty, don't pull this string". Now say Marty saw all that and then decided to pull the string anyway and got his head blown off. Who killed Marty? Did you kill him or did he kill himself?

Criminal negligence. You indirectly killed him through your own negligence.

S

Stonelesscutter

Criminal negligence. You indirectly killed him through your own negligence.

The person that died was the one who was negligent. He neglected to be on his toes in an unsafe environment despite indication of something strange going on.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The person that died was the one who was negligent. He neglected to be on his toes in an unsafe environment despite indication of something strange going on.

Um...yeah...I look forward to reading the transcript from your homicide trial. Regardless, I'll make sure to visit you in prison. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Um...yeah...I look forward to reading the transcript from your homicide trial. Regardless, I'll make sure to visit you in prison. ;)

I thought we agreed you were the one to be on trial.

G

Graybrew1

There is also such a thing in my state called "contributory negligence" meaning both parties could be partially at fault and also held accountable.

S

Stonelesscutter

So what exactly did the 'killer' neglect to do in this case?

G

Graybrew1

You said that he faliled to realize that by trapping the Dino in that room that somebody could stumble in and get killed. That is the definition of the contributory negligence. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

You said that he faliled to realize that by trapping the Dino in that room that somebody could stumble in and get killed. That is the definition of the contributory negligence. ;)

I never said he failed to realise that.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
G

Graybrew1

I never said he failed to realise that.
You insinuated that the all he did was to trap the Dino in the room. You said he would have no way of knowing that other guy would go in there and get killed.

Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law....TBH, that is also a US law thing as well.

S

Stonelesscutter

Well I certainly wouldn't be the one on trial for a ridiculous murder excuse. ;)

I guess you're right. You'd probably make sure if you were on trial it'd be for a gruesome mass murder.

S

Stonelesscutter

You insinuated that the all he did was to trap the Dino in the room. You said he would have no way of knowing that other guy would go in there and get killed.

Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law....TBH, that is also a US law thing as well.

So if someone enters the lion cage at the zoo and gets eaten the zookeepers would be murderers. :facepalm:

B

Backstep

Why does it have to be murder, it could have been a Kevorkian. He just got tired of dino land :icon_lol: