Anything goes 1

S

Stonelesscutter

Since it's usually hard to keep threads on topic because people like to comment on whatever comes to mind, I thought it would be a good idea to have at least one thread or perhaps even several of them specificly meant for conversation about anything. So in this thread, nothing will ever be off topic.

I don't know if there's still an OT section on the main forum so I posted this thread in flame hell. I think it might be a good idea to have one of these here but also have one outside of flame hell. Basically a civilized version and an explicit version.

It might even be a nice idea to have several of each so that multiple topics could be discussed simultaneously without getting too intermingled.

Anyway, this is the civilized version so please feel free to chat about whatever you want here as long as it's suitable for the general public.

Mod ETA: This thread is now on the public forum. Enjoy! :)

S

Stonelesscutter

So, I'm watching The 6th Day right now. It's a nice Arnie-film. I guess that article Heisenberg posted about him being in a new movie stuck around in my head. Arnold get's cloned. Two Arnolds is better than one right? :)

G

Graybrew1

So, I'm watching The 6th Day right now. It's a nice Arnie-film. I guess that article Heisenberg posted about him being in a new movie stuck around in my head. Arnold get's cloned. Two Arnolds is better than one right? :)

It was okay, Guy movie really I think. Alot of his are better at the whole crossover aspect.

S

Stonelesscutter

I just saw General Hammond in it! I mean Don S. Davis, god rest his soul.

G

Graybrew1

What do you mean crossover aspect?

Crossover between the whole Guy Beat em up Action movie like Termintor, Predator,Conan and the more versatile Date Night/Family Friendly True Lies, Twins, Jingle All the Way, Last Action Hero, Total Recall ...etc... does that make sense? Or I am just confusing you? :biggrin:

S

Stonelesscutter

Crossover between the whole Guy Beat em up Action movie like Termintor, Predator,Conan and the more versatile Date Night/Family Friendly True Lies, Twins, Jingle All the Way, Last Action Hero, Total Recall ...etc... does that make sense? Or I am just confusing you? :biggrin:

Yeah I got it.
I guess you're right too. But still it's a fun movie.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This is the clean version, huh? Darn it!

S

Stonelesscutter

Did you brush your teeth Hulk?
I think you missed a spot there.

S

Stonelesscutter

With all this reminiscing in the Mythbusters thread I suddenly find myself reminded of another Discovery program back in the days, Scrapheap Challenge.
Anyone else ever watched that?

Tropicana

Council Member
With all this reminiscing in the Mythbusters thread I suddenly find myself reminded of another Discovery program back in the days, Scrapheap Challenge.
Aye, it was a show produced for UK's Channel 4. Absolutely loved it, the American version "Junkyard Wars" was awful.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
indeed i did however i did only enjoy the first 2-3 series tho after that it got a little stupid imo

Aye, it was a show produced for UK's Channel 4. Absolutely loved it, the American version "Junkyard Wars" was awful.

oh yes the american version was HORRIBLE!!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Yeah I thought it was pretty good during its first few seasons but then it got a bit crappy, IMO. Though now that you mentioned Scrapheap Challenge, I came to think of another Discovery Channel show (originally it was on Sky in the UK, but whatever), Brainiac. Now that was a fun show, but come on, since when is blowing up caravans for no reason at all, not fun!? :D Though it wasn't as good after Richard Hammond left the show.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Couple years ago on I think TLC they did a couple shows on car repossessions. They were actually quite interesting mostly because they were real and not staged. Well, didn't take long for them to come up with a "reality" version which replaced the real version. Now we have "Repo Wars" or some such nonsense. It's so incredibly fake and ridiculous that I can't believe anyone watches it.

Leave it up to "reality" television to kill off that which is real, sigh.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Poor GF....No Chicken soup for you? I assume trashed means something different over there than here , right? :biggrin:

I have over the course of the last 6.5 hours consumed Aporox Half a bottle of 42% Scotch in order to forget the shithouse day I have had. I should be passed out drunk by now.

Is that clearer my love?

S

Stonelesscutter

I have over the course of the last 6.5 hours consumed Aporox Half a bottle of 42% Scotch in order to forget the shithouse day I have had. I should be passed out drunk by now.

Is that clearer my love?

Aaaaaaah!!
A fellow Scotch enthusiast! :)
Too bad I can't have any at the moment.
I think there ought to be a thread about whiskey somewhere around here.